forum

Masayoshi Minoshima ft. nomico - Bad Apple!!

posted
Total Posts
show more
WyndII
Why are there soooo many Breaks!?
>.> this is boring with loong breaks in extra pasonia >.>
Third hitsound section in Lunatic is freakingly loud.
Beuchi

mikhe wrote:

Easy solution, delete Extra; impossible in CtB -.-
Ranked please, not approved!!
That's kinda stupid... [Extra] is the collab difficulty, it CAN'T be deleted <_<

Anyways, awesome map! *star*
Lybydose
00:29:020 (1) - still isn't snapped. Lunatic difficulty.

Seriously, do people ever hit AIMod like at all, even if it's just to check for unsnapped notes? This note isn't even close to being correctly snapped.
mikhe

Beuchi-chan wrote:

mikhe wrote:

Easy solution, delete Extra; impossible in CtB -.-
Ranked please, not approved!!
That's kinda stupid... [Extra] is the collab difficulty, it CAN'T be deleted <_<

Anyways, awesome map! *star*
Yes, you said me -3-
Gopice
Could anyone give the location of the hidden slider?
I couldn't find it (the irony).
Larto
most played in six hours? This better be an awesome map.

EDIT: This would be one of those maps I'd start to mod, then stop, try again, then stop again and delete it from my osu!. Yeah. Why is this most played again? I mean, it's not a horrible map, but Extra is sort of retarded. Why do people like retarded maps?
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
Not a damn clue. Though it's a testament to the whole 'touhou complex' thing that it's as fiendishly popular as it is.

It kind of pisses me off however that people point out this shit after it gets ranked and not before, especially when the people who did the pointing out had ample opportunity to do so beforehand and cause no trouble to anybody.

Still a failure on my part though, I'm not disputing that. I apologize for the inconvenience - everything should be fixed shortly.
Xgor

Lybydose wrote:

Normal:

02:23:009 (2,3) - WHAT
FIX this thing now! >:(
That part is just stupid!

Otherwise it was great and i pity those fools playing with the No Video mod.
varq
Okay, I understand you want to have a effect that goes along with the video, but I hate these:
1) The color of the hit circles. The approach circles are really hard to see.
2) The lighting effect on the hit circles. They look nice, but they're extremely distracting during kiai time and look like approach circles.
3) The spinner. It's extremely hard to see the cursor while spinning. Some people, such as myself, spin close to the center and need to see where they're spinning.

[Easy]
Nothing

[Normal]
02:23:009 (2,3) - Already mentioned
03:02:065 - This break should be mapped

[Hard]
00:40:047 (5) - This slider feels weird against the music
02:44:061 (2,3) - These sliders feel weird against the music
02:54:083 (1,2,3) - ^

[Lunatic]
00:18:061 - Place a beat here
00:19:048 - Put a hit circle here, and move the slider a 1/4th beat ahead
00:20:090 (5) - Why is this here?
00:21:000 - Place a beat here
00:23:083 - Put a hit circle here, and move the slider a 1/4th beat ahead
00:28:043 (1,2,1,2,1,1) - Why are there new combos? Why are two overlapping? Why are they so close together?
00:26:043 - Put a hit circle here, and move the slider a 1/4th beat ahead
00:27:030 - ^
00:28:007 - ^
00:29:020 (1) - This isn't even snapped to anything
00:30:090 (8) - This slider repeat sounds terrible
00:49:016 (4) - The repeat on this slider is hidden by (1)'s score marker
00:51:077 (3) - Almost the same as the above, but by the 8, and by not as much
01:05:025 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Looks bad
01:30:003 - Why isn't there a beat here?
02:05:069 (1) - This would feel better if the last repeat was replaced by a beat, in my opinion

[Extra]
I refuse to mod this. It's idiotic, I'm sorry.

Not going to star yet.

Screw it, it's ranked again.
peppy
Ranked. Scores from all but Extra are retained. Extra is now approved and reset.
Layola_old
You guys couldn't pick better colors? They blend right into the video and it's annoying as hell to sightread this. The grey is also horrible for tag.
AxZ
zomg... this is one of the best map ive played so far xD!! <3 it !!
Lybydose
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Jinxy

Layola wrote:

You guys couldn't pick better colors? They blend right into the video and it's annoying as hell to sightread this. The grey is also horrible for tag.
The whole map was supposed to be in Black and White for teh best effect. You are lucky it's grey and not B/W. Also, the cursor coloring is more effective if you want to find out when is your turn.
Layola_old
I just can't manage to see that "best effect" you're talking about. But whatever; no sense in arguing about it when it probably won't be changed.
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
I was told to do nothing but fix the occluded slider in Extra.

So that's all I did.

One is unsnapped in Lunatic yes, it's ugly and I want to fix it, but the difference it makes when it is snapped is so utterly negligible that it is just flat out retarded to unrank it again just to fix that.

And the people complaining about the etna slider in normal are silly.

Either way, I'm glad people are enjoying this as much as they apparently are. It was fun working with everybody to create the map in the first place - it's great to see everybody else seems to be enjoying it as much as we enjoyed making it.
Cyclone
I'm going to request unrank again due to timing.

Offset: 1,328ms BPM: 138.00
Offset: 126,556ms BPM: 138.00
Offset: 194,425ms BPM: 138.00

Before you start questioning this, try it. I set those like that for a few different reasons. Those reasons are probably why you had a BPM of 137.98. I think what I suggest here is pretty damn good after several tests.

Pasonia

Cyclone wrote:

I'm going to request unrank again due to timing.

Offset: 1,328ms BPM: 138.00
Offset: 126,556ms BPM: 138.00
Offset: 194,425ms BPM: 138.00

Before you start questioning this, try it. I set those like that for a few different reasons. Those reasons are probably why you had a BPM of 137.98. I think what I suggest here is pretty damn good after several tests.

SPOILER
[attachment=0:13448]apple.JPG[/attachment:13448]
Are we sure we want to have multiple timings at 138 to re-align the song? Is it entirely necessary? I think I have to make it clear that for a techno song like this, there is seriously no reason to keep altering the BPM because for crying out loud they're not rock numbers. If you can't get a clean BPM out of it, then either the mp3 itself, or the timing given is not good enough imo.

Also, if you must hear me say this I entirely disagree with James' timing of 138BPM even on his original map.
Lybydose

Ephemeral wrote:

I was told to do nothing but fix the occluded slider in Extra.

So that's all I did.

One is unsnapped in Lunatic yes, it's ugly and I want to fix it, but the difference it makes when it is snapped is so utterly negligible that it is just flat out retarded to unrank it again just to fix that.

And the people complaining about the etna slider in normal are silly.

Either way, I'm glad people are enjoying this as much as they apparently are. It was fun working with everybody to create the map in the first place - it's great to see everybody else seems to be enjoying it as much as we enjoyed making it.
This was pointed out BEFORE it was ranked the first time. No one bothered to check. Not only did YOU not read the thread or spend the three seconds it takes to check for unsnapped notes, neither did TWO BATS and whomever else made this map (one of which is also a BAT). This is all in addition to the timing being atrocious in the first place.
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
I think the timing is fine.

However, if it is unranked (AGAIN) due to the timing revisions (which would be reverting them purely to an earlier state to begin with - adam's timing was almost identical to Cyclone's which Pasonia changed originally) then I will resnap that one note which appears to be bugging you so much.

I'm not messing with it until I'm told to though, I'm sure you can understand that much.
varq
There was very little modding actually done in this thread before it was ranked, and don't see how it was ranked. Just because people say "Star~" doesn't mean the map is perfect.

SPOILER

JInxyjem wrote:

Naziing the Nazier's difficulty because I can.

00:34:37 (2) - Make this by selecting (1) and flipping a copy of it horizontally and vertically.
00:34:80 (3) - Same.
00:35:45 (4) - Same, but flip 90 deg anti-clockwise when you are done.
02:09:82 (4) - One grid to the left
02:26:56 (4) - Slider end one grid to the right.

Modding Rena's difficulty, because theres something weird.

Lower volume of hitsounds much? I heard quite a loud boomboomboomboom for the part around Pach/Remi.
00:30:89 (8) - WTH? It ends 1/2 a tick too late.

Pasonia wrote:

Eh, I didn't expect to have to do this.

Lunatic:

00:28:403 (1,2,1,2,1,1) - This, and possibly similar 1/3 elements have been snapped to 1/4, apparently because of the BPM revision I recommended. As such, please fix this and any other similar 1/3s that may be in Lunatic.

Lybydose wrote:

Lunatic:

00:29:020 (1) - this is not snapped. It's like waaaay off not snapped even.
00:30:090 (8) - this slider return is synced to...nothing?

Normal:

02:23:009 (2,3) - WHAT

what the hell is this timing
Cyclone

Pasonia wrote:

Cyclone wrote:

Before you start questioning this, try it.
Are we sure we want to have multiple timings at 138 to re-align the song? Is it entirely necessary? I think I have to make it clear that for a techno song like this, there is seriously no reason to keep altering the BPM because for crying out loud they're not rock numbers. If you can't get a clean BPM out of it, then either the mp3 itself, or the timing given is not good enough imo.

Also, if you must hear me say this I entirely disagree with James' timing of 138BPM even on his original map.
You didn't try it did you. That's all I asked. Obviously i expected this argument, but please do my simple request beforehand...

Fine i'll tell you the results of my probably over an hour of testing. After checking for a while, i noticed my timing slipping gradually as i went. I tried an even BPM and used an offset recommended to me by fluffrat. After doing that i was getting 0 to 2 ms off THE ENTIRE TIME, up until the EXACT point where i have the 2nd section. At that point, i went off. Quick. Quite a curious thing to have your timing go to hell like that for no reason. I placed a new section there with a new offset, and it turned out the be the appropriate solution to keep myself at 0 to 2 ms off THE ENTIRE TIME, all the way up to the end. When i got past the final break (testing on [hard]) the timing again seemed to be WAY the fuck off, but even more so this time. +10? +20? +30? I don't even remember the final number i used, but it got me back to being within 0-3 ms (yes, i feel another whole ms off)

Yes it's a techno song, and yes it should have an even BPM, but we don't know what the fuck goes on when these things are edited. Indulge me. Test it and see how it feels. I can assure you that what is ranked should have never been though.
Topic Starter
Ephemeral

Cyclone wrote:

Fine i'll tell you the results of my probably over an hour of testing. After checking for a while, i noticed my timing slipping gradually as i went. I tried an even BPM and used an offset recommended to me by fluffrat. After doing that i was getting 0 to 2 ms off THE ENTIRE TIME, up until the EXACT point where i have the 2nd section. At that point, i went off. Quick. Quite a curious thing to have your timing go to hell like that for no reason. I placed a new section there with a new offset, and it turned out the be the appropriate solution to keep myself at 0 to 2 ms off THE ENTIRE TIME, all the way up to the end. When i got past the final break (testing on [hard]) the timing again seemed to be WAY the fuck off, but even more so this time. +10? +20? +30? I don't even remember the final number i used, but it got me back to being within 0-3 ms (yes, i feel another whole ms off)

Yes it's a techno song, and yes it should have an even BPM, but we don't know what the fuck goes on when these things are edited. Indulge me. Test it and see how it feels. I can assure you that what is ranked should have never been though.
We used timing extremely similar to the one you have supplied when initially creating the map. There is negligible difference between the one standardized timing section that we are currently using and the ones you supplied - with the added bonus that the standardized one doesn't require us to switch timing sections in the middle of a chorus.

Unranking this AGAIN over something that pretty much every normal player will never notice is just counterproductive. The map is fine. Leave it be.
Lybydose

Ephemeral wrote:

We used timing extremely similar to the one you have supplied when initially creating the map. There is negligible difference between the one standardized timing section that we are currently using and the ones you supplied - with the added bonus that the standardized one doesn't require us to switch timing sections in the middle of a chorus.

Unranking this AGAIN over something that pretty much every normal player will never notice is just counterproductive. The map is fine. Leave it be.
And the added disadvantage that the timing you used is WRONG. My accuracy is horrible (93-94%) on NORMAL with a good 45-50% mistimed hits using the ranked timing settings, but when I switch to Cyclone's I magically get 100%. I guess my skill just suddenly went up?

It doesn't matter who or what notices it, the fact that you find faulty timing in a MUSIC GAME acceptable is what's appalling here.
Topic Starter
Ephemeral

Lybydose wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

And the added disadvantage that the timing you used is WRONG. My accuracy is horrible (93-94%) on NORMAL with a good 45-50% mistimed hits using the ranked timing settings, but when I switch to Cyclone's I magically get 100%. I guess my skill just suddenly went up?

It doesn't matter who or what notices it, the fact that you find faulty timing in a MUSIC GAME acceptable is what's appalling here.
I have no trouble SS'ing normal with the current timing.

Neither do lots of other people, apparently.

Looks like we're at an impasse.
Lybydose

Ephemeral wrote:

Well yeah the Overall Difficulty is so low that you can be like half a second off and still get 300. Try testing at 8 or 9 OA.
Topic Starter
Ephemeral

Lybydose wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

Well yeah the Overall Difficulty is so low that you can be like half a second off and still get 300. Try testing at 8 or 9 OA.
Normal isn't going to be played at 8 or 9 QA now is it?

I see your point, but even at those ranges the timing doesn't noticeably affect my play.

Believe me, I was iffy about this timing shit when Pasonia proposed it the first time, but it works.

I think the fact that this has surpassed 10k plays and there's only been three or four complaints about the timing to my knowledge speaks volumes.
Lybydose

Ephemeral wrote:

Normal isn't going to be played at 8 or 9 QA now is it?

I see your point, but even at those ranges the timing doesn't noticeably affect my play.

Believe me, I was iffy about this timing shit when Pasonia proposed it the first time, but it works.

I think the fact that this has surpassed 10k plays and there's only been three or four complaints about the timing to my knowledge speaks volumes.
And Lunatic IS going to be played at 8 or 9 OA isn't it now? So how about I play with Hidden mod (no cheating and looking at approach circles) enabled at 8 OA and compare the results at the different timing settings? The only changes made to the map were:

1. Timing
2. OA set to 8
3. Changed those bullshit hidden sliders

Cyclone: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/763 - Made a mistake during Prismriver and got 2 100's, then another spinner related mistake later.
Ranked: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/764 - Made a mistake somewhere and got 2 100's. The rest were "WHY AM I GETTING 100?"

One person who is known for very good timing speaks volumes more than 10k randoms that don't know what an offset is. A properly timed map will get 10k plays and have ZERO complaints.
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
Upload the .osr for your normal attempt that you referenced there, would you kindly?

I'd like to see it first hand.
Lybydose

Ephemeral wrote:

Upload the .osr for your normal attempt that you referenced there, would you kindly?

I'd like to see it first hand.
Give me a few minutes, I'm still doing some testing and it involves switching back and forth between two versions of the map. Also I lost the replays, so now I have to play it twice more.

EDIT: Ok here's everything. The .rar includes the following:

1. "Lybydose" difficulty (8 OA, sliders etc) Normal, no timing changes.
2. "Lybydose" map replay
3. "Cyclone" difficulty, which is the same thing but with the different timing. (and I forgot to half BPM the end sliders....doesn't matter though)
4. Replay on "Cyclone" map

You'll need the altered .osu files to view the replays.

I did not change my universal offset or custom offset for either play.

I played the unaltered timing version six times (best play was 94%) and it completely fell apart during Prismriver and Reisen EVERY SINGLE TIME. The part after the last break would probably be bad too, but Normal isn't very conducive to testing this because it's all sliders. I played the Cyclone version once.

EDIT EDIT: I can't get the "Lybydose" difficulty replay to work, maybe you'll have more luck.

Download: bad apple.rar
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
There's an obvious difference in your replays, but when I play both maps, my accuracy consistently stays around 97-98%. Granted Cyclone is 5ms~ late and Lybydose is 8ms~ early on an average with 15-21% mistimed shared between them.

So I can't discern from any of that whether there is actually anything wrong with the timing or not.
Vanmonky
This map is ranked or approved?
DJPop

VanMoNky wrote:

Ranked.
Gabi
the EXTRA diff is approved though im pretty sure
Cyclone
I'm telling you, the current timing is WRONG. It is WRONG, which means there's a problem. It is NOT close enough. I try not to BELIEVE in close enough. 5ms isn't even close enough for me. I can tell if my timing is off even if i hit 300 for the entire song. If you CAN"T tell the difference, just trust me. I'm damn confidant in my timing. The changes i suggest are significant enough so that it should be noticeable.

That being said i think the 3rd section i suggest might be just a little late.
Vanmonky

DJPop wrote:

VanMoNky wrote:

Ranked.
If it ranked, why this..?

[quote=Full Beatmap Information]Please note that this beatmap is approved, not ranked. It will not be counted towards your score![/quote]
Gens

VanMoNky wrote:

If it ranked, why this..?

Full Beatmap Information wrote:

Please note that this beatmap is approved, not ranked. It will not be counted towards your score!

Gabi wrote:

the EXTRA diff is approved though im pretty sure
Andrea
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Ephemeral

Cyclone wrote:

I'm telling you, the current timing is WRONG. It is WRONG, which means there's a problem. It is NOT close enough. I try not to BELIEVE in close enough. 5ms isn't even close enough for me. I can tell if my timing is off even if i hit 300 for the entire song. If you CAN"T tell the difference, just trust me. I'm damn confidant in my timing. The changes i suggest are significant enough so that it should be noticeable.

Better or otherwise, it seems utterly stupid to unrank this again just to insert another set of timing that for 99% of the players, will achieve exactly the same effect as the previous timing had.

While you can find issue with it and I respect your obvious expertise in timing, I can't discern any notable difference between your timing and the one already there.
Lybydose

Ephemeral wrote:

Cyclone wrote:

Better or otherwise, it seems utterly stupid to unrank this again just to insert another set of timing that for 99% of the players, will achieve exactly the same effect as the previous timing had.

While you can find issue with it and I respect your obvious expertise in timing, I can't discern any difference between your timing and the one already there.
I can make a map 1000 BPM with 1/8 snap and map by ear, and 99% of people wouldn't notice (if it weren't for the osu! button). That doesn't mean I should do it though.
show more