community forum

About Osu! popularity

posted
Total Posts
34
Topic Starter
Seyren Delicia
So guys do you think osu! would be better if it was more recognized with more players/championships, sometimes I think... if someday osu will be very popular like the popular mobas or like guitar hero were at ps2 time maybe im going crazy but in my opinion osu could have more players and become more competitive and popular as well, I asked it once at the brazilian facebook comunity and they were against this idea because osu would get more trolls/hackers if this happen

Sorry if my grammar is too bad... thanks for the attention and please give your opinion :)
tux
You do realise that at time of writing osu has a total of 4,193,048 registered users right. That's nearly the size of the population of New Zealand. If that's not considered popular then I'll prance around on one foot on lego bricks singing "she'll be coming round the mountain".
Vuelo Eluko

Tuxdude143 wrote:

You do realise that at time of writing osu has a total of 4,193,048 registered users right. That's nearly the size of the population of New Zealand. If that's not considered popular then I'll prance around on one foot on lego bricks singing "she'll be coming round the mountain".
90% are multi acc or played for a tiny bit then quit
tux

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Tuxdude143 wrote:

You do realise that at time of writing osu has a total of 4,193,048 registered users right. That's nearly the size of the population of New Zealand. If that's not considered popular then I'll prance around on one foot on lego bricks singing "she'll be coming round the mountain".
90% are multi acc or played for a tiny bit then quit
Still it is a huge number
mathexpert
I don't think osu!will ever be as popular as mobas or whatever. The concept is pretty niche, and probably won't attract as many people. Most importantly it would probably be bad if osu!, as we know it, ever became "mainstream". You do realize that 95% of beatmaps on the game are copyrighted, right?
Vuelo Eluko
active users are more reliable, the number of active users hasnt really changed in over 3 yrs

edit: i mean online users
Sulker

mathexpert wrote:

I don't think osu!will ever be as popular as mobas or whatever. The concept is pretty niche, and probably won't attract as many people. Most importantly it would probably be bad if osu!, as we know it, ever became "mainstream". You do realize that 95% of beatmaps on the game are copyrighted, right?
If osu! became mainstream, peppy get a lot of letters saying taking this and that song down...

SO DON'T EVER ADVERTISE! Just sit around and play and be silent
Purple
It wouldn't necessarily be a smart thing for copyright holders to demand songs to be taken down, if osu! became popular enough.

If they did, then who cares? There is a wealth of music out there whose authors would leave us alone. Stop worrying about copyright issues in osu!.
Weed
osu being popular wouldn't be osu anymore
-[ Dumpling ]-

bewaredrev wrote:

osu being popular wouldn't be osu anymore
peppy

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

active users are more reliable, the number of active users hasnt really changed in over 3 yrs
edit: i mean online users
you my sir are making shit up
tux

peppy wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

active users are more reliable, the number of active users hasnt really changed in over 3 yrs
edit: i mean online users
you my sir are making shit up
Oh my god! That made my freaking day that! Words from the creator himself! I gotta get that stitched on a pillow!
ivan
x
Zerostarry
osu! is already popular as hell. I find it so weird that people from my school actually know about it.

Also blame those dumb "progamers" like dyrus who play this game during queue times. lol im gonna get flamed hard for saying that

I even hear people say the only reason osu exists is to get better at LoL. thats how bad it's gotten.
-[ Dumpling ]-

Tuxdude143 wrote:

peppy wrote:

you my sir are making shit up
Oh my god! That made my freaking day that! Words from the creator himself! I gotta get that stitched on a pillow!
w0w
Topic Starter
Seyren Delicia
All i want too see is this game becoming even better .. I know few people that play osu and those that have played before stopped because they said they were too bad at it, maybe a team scheme in the future ?
Vuelo Eluko

peppy wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

active users are more reliable, the number of active users hasnt really changed in over 3 yrs
edit: i mean online users
you my sir are making shit up
okay okay, it just always seemed about the same when i hit f9!
Jarby

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

peppy wrote:

you my sir are making shit up
okay okay, it just always seemed about the same when i hit f9!
Haven't you only been here for 6 months?
silmarilen
2 years ago getting 10k people online was a rarity, now it happens daily and i've seen it go as high as 14k+
so yes, the amount of online people is still growing
Tanzklaue
the thing is that it's not even always the same 8k-14k users that are online all the time.

my blind guess would be that the regular playerbase (1 log in at least every week) exceeds 50-100k quite easily, and the semi-regular playerbase (1 log in per month) is probably at least 3 times bigger than that.

it is no lol or dota, but it is probably close to commercially successful titles like sc2 and exceeds a lot of free to play games by a lot.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply