forum

[resolved] [confirmed] osu! white screen problem.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Buster_PK
Problem Details:
When I start osu! and when the game starts when administrator privileges are invited appears in the login window and white screen and I can only hear sounds in the menu when I move the mouse. If I run osu! from the shortcut with administrative privileges game works without a problem.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://puu.sh/7LJ7d.png

osu! version: 20140328.1
DakeDekaane
Confirming this

When running without administrator privileges I get this, I can hear the menu sounds and even play and edit beatmaps (blindly tho), but can't see anything in screen.

But then I run with administrator privileges and poof, runs as it should do it.

I was able to run osu normally, then it asked to update, did so and then this happened.
- Marco -
^ also i can replicate this running with admin and leaving minimized for some minutes
peppy
I'm guessing everyone who gets this doesn't use aero.
El Capitan

peppy wrote:

I'm having this issue too as of the recent update, and i'm using aero.
Squichu

Numinex wrote:

peppy wrote:

I'm having this issue too as of the recent update, and i'm using aero.
using aero, too, and have the same problem!
RBRat3

peppy wrote:

I haven't come across this, I dont run aero or dwm.

edit: On another machine it does, alt+enter in FS and back out will reveal the magic...
xsudo64
I do use aero... And still have the same error... Could you please fix this :?: :?: :?:

Or, another suggestion, if it's possible, don't make it run UAC every time it starts up. Admin rights would still be needed to install songs to a directory such as Program Files that require them, but if it's installed to something like an external drive, does it really need to be repetitively pinged?
peppy
osu! does not ever run as admin.
xsudo64

peppy wrote:

osu! does not ever run as admin.
What i meant was, would it be possible to apply a setting that will make it not query for admin rights every launch?

Or, at least please fix this bug.
Dznutz
Likewise for me too. The update lead me to a white screen.
Guess ill play Don't starve until it gets fixed.

Edit Update:
I just opened up OBS and it worked -__- but not without it.
At least i can play now, until i dont need to open OBS.
peppy
It doesn't request admin rights unless you have changes permissions/associations.
WindyExplorer
well the white screen comes and goes but now for some reason its not useing my skin anymore ;/ its useing the default, it started for me when i was asked to restart osu for a update then it started happening, Win7 with aero and i havent touched the admin permission or anything i started osu the same way i have for the past months ;/
peppy
This is already fixed with the last patch. Run the updater.