forum

[Archived] [CtB] Random off-pitch bananas when caught

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
fsvgm777
Problem Details:
When playing a map containing at least a spinner in Catch the Beat, some bananas will randomly be off-pitch when caught (as in, sometimes it happens, and at other times, it doesn't). This issue didn't happen in previous versions.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

(I use the default sound samples)

osu! version: 20140323.3 (latest)
ColdTooth
I think it depends on the volume the map. So this volume is probably off-pitch for a good reason.
Topic Starter
fsvgm777
Actually, no. What I mean is that the pitch of the bananas you catch is supposed to increase as the spinner goes on.
This is how it's supposed to be (note: the actual algorithm may not be linear, it's just a graph):

However, since the recent updates, the pitch sometimes goes like this:

The video I posted only shows one spinner, but it does illustrate the bug.

EDIT: Still happening on 20140328.1.
gof9
Confirming, that it's not the same as before, but can't say if it should be called a bug or a feature. :?
Before it was that the pitch increases the more bananas you have on the plate. But from what I've noticed now, it increases the more you catch at a certain amount of time.
bomber34
I can confirm, sounds like the spinner finishes midway and continues afterwards couple of times ._.
Rei Hakurei
yes, it annoys me somehow, thanks for reporting this so i shouldn't do that...
Topic Starter
fsvgm777
Bumping this, as this issue is still happening (i.e. not fixed in the most recent version).

By the way, when you're far into a long spinner (e.g. Desire Drive ~ Desire Dream's final spinner), the pitch might actually drop at random before going back to normal.
Niervaco
Problem Details: I haven't seen any report yet. However, bananas in Catch the Beat have sounds, right? Well the sounds climb in pitch. I've noticed that every once in a while this pitch randomly varieties to something else. Is this intentional?

Video or screenshot showing the problem: http://puu.sh/8fLWV.mp4 (video)

osu! version: 20140410.5 (latest)
Topic Starter
fsvgm777
Nathanael