forum

AUSNZ osu!standard Tourney (Concluded, Tokichii wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
MistRat
Just one question by draw does it mean both players fail? I personally prefer if both players fail higher score wins.
Noobsicle

MistRat wrote:

Just one question by draw does it mean both players fail? I personally prefer if both players fail higher score wins.
i guess having both players SS a map w/o spinners would result in a draw
Bloodmoon_old_1

Geniance wrote:

If that spot is still available, I'd love to join :D

Tuxdude143 wrote:

Damn! I only just saw this! I really wanted to participate in a tournament! Is their any chance you could squeeze me in somewhere??
It's currently full, but I believe you can be added to the waiting list, so you'd get in as soon as someone else drops out etc.

Just let me check with Illkryn tomorrow to make absolutely sure :)
Filthy Casual
What ever happened to first 16 players being seeded by pp? It seems like there's a lot of cases where there's someone with 4-5k pp vs people with less than 1k.....
Happyjon

Filthy Casual wrote:

What ever happened to first 16 players being seeded by pp? It seems like there's a lot of cases where there's someone with 4-5k pp vs people with less than 1k.....
The 1st to 16th seeds were placed such that the 3rd round should look like standard tournament seeding assuming they all win their first two matches. The remaining 48 participants were randomly assigned to the remaining gaps in the bracket.
AstralPhnx

Bloodmoon wrote:

Geniance wrote:

If that spot is still available, I'd love to join :D

Tuxdude143 wrote:

Damn! I only just saw this! I really wanted to participate in a tournament! Is their any chance you could squeeze me in somewhere??
It's currently full, but I believe you can be added to the waiting list, so you'd get in as soon as someone else drops out etc.

Just let me check with Illkryn tomorrow to make absolutely sure :)
Ah, well I've been chatting with Illkryn about streaming so its ok. I would probably suck at it anyway! XD
B1rd

Happyjon wrote:

Filthy Casual wrote:

The 1st to 16th seeds were placed such that the 3rd round should look like standard tournament seeding assuming they all win their first two matches. The remaining 48 participants were randomly assigned to the remaining gaps in the bracket.
can't say I completly understand..

can I just make a request? how about I vs Filthy Casual in the first round, and out current opponents vs each other? because it's blindingly obvious that we have absoulutly no chance against out current oppoenents, there's no point.

facing him would be a lot more fun.
Filthy Casual

B1rd wrote:

Happyjon wrote:

can't say I completly understand..

can I just make a request? how about I vs Filthy Casual in the first round, and out current opponents vs each other? because it's blindingly obvious that we have absoulutly no chance against out current oppoenents, there's no point.

facing him would be a lot more fun.
I don't understand it either, I thought it would be something like
bracket 1 all the players with >1kpp
bracket 2 all players with 1001>2999
and bracket 3 everything else.

Right now there's people with 5000pp vs people with less than 1000. This really isn't fair and it's quite obvious just by looking at the brackets who's going to win the first round - I'd prefer I have a chance at getting through the first round but still getting kicked out at the second or even just having a close game in the first and losing. But I'm just going to say it now: I have no chance of winning my first game.
Topic Starter
Illkryn
I'm sorry you are all upset this way, it's unfortunate you got randomly assigned a bad match up.

In a heavily skill based game like osu! it's unavoidable for something such as this to happen. Maybe if I do another tournament in the future I will take the time to completely seperate different skill groups so you can all have full chances at winning something, considering the popularity of this one.
- Akari_old
『  』(空白)に敗北の二文字はない!

MistRat

Noobsicle wrote:

MistRat wrote:

i guess having both players SS a map w/o spinners would result in a draw
ok thanks for the note, but what happens if both players fail? higher score wins?
Loctav
Prizes:
#1 3 months supports
#2 2 months supporter
#1 1 month supporter
Almost

Filthy Casual wrote:

B1rd wrote:

I don't understand it either, I thought it would be something like
bracket 1 all the players with >1kpp
bracket 2 all players with 1001>2999
and bracket 3 everything else.

Right now there's people with 5000pp vs people with less than 1000. This really isn't fair and it's quite obvious just by looking at the brackets who's going to win the first round - I'd prefer I have a chance at getting through the first round but still getting kicked out at the second or even just having a close game in the first and losing. But I'm just going to say it now: I have no chance of winning my first game.
On the other hand, it'd really be weird if we had the top 2 players duking it out in the first round and a final where a really low skilled player is playing against a really high skilled player wouldn't be very interesting. The brackets look completely fine to me.
Lambtron
Just remembered this existed lol...
check brackets and think hmmm, duno why but that name seems familiar though idk who the fuhk
went back to top to check time and noticed OP :S
Rewben2

Illkryn wrote:

I'm sorry you are all upset this way, it's unfortunate you got randomly assigned a bad match up.

In a heavily skill based game like osu! it's unavoidable for something such as this to happen. Maybe if I do another tournament in the future I will take the time to completely seperate different skill groups so you can all have full chances at winning something, considering the popularity of this one.
Then if you divide it into categories for different amounts of pp, multi-accounting/smurfing may arise as an issue because there's prizes involved, unfortunately. It's hard to create a truly fair system and even though categories may be better overall, it does present problems.
Bloodmoon_old_1

Rewben2 wrote:

Then if you divide it into categories for different amounts of pp, multi-accounting/smurfing may arise as an issue because there's prizes involved, unfortunately. It's hard to create a truly fair system and even though categories may be better overall, it does present problems.
Which is why you only give prizes to the top group, and the lower group's are seeded into a higher group when they win their division, similar to the OWC. I'd be much more worried about a hacker ruining everyone's day than a smurf. That's just how I would've done it anways :P

There's a certain fun element achieved from throwing everyone in randomly and seeing what happens anyway.

Lambtron120 wrote:

Just remembered this existed lol...
check brackets and think hmmm, duno why but that name seems familiar though idk who the fuhk
went back to top to check time and noticed OP :S
kk so the plan is, you beat him and the next one - and I'll see you at round 3 XD
6ixr
When will the first map bracket be up?
Almost

IchigoSaki wrote:

When will the first map bracket be up?
Read the op. I'm pretty sure I told you this before...
Lambtron

Bloodmoon wrote:

kk so the plan is, you beat him and the next one - and I'll see you at round 3 XD
EZ
Happyjon
To all those complaining about matchups:

There really shouldn't be a problem with whomever you're matched up against. The maps will be chosen for each round such that everyone in the round should be able to more or less play the maps, but the better players should find them easier to FC under the pressure.
Aloha
And I find this just now.
- Akari_old

Aloha wrote:

And I find this just now.
:(
Kiiwa
Great to see things moving ahead!
:P
Topic Starter
Illkryn
Keep an eye out for the scheduling and map pools tomorrow afternoon!
6ixr
if you need i can referee if you still need help
Melt3dCheeze

IchigoSaki wrote:

if you need i can referee if you still need help
I'm sure they have enough, now get practicing!
Moodkiller03

Melt3dCheeze wrote:

I'm sure they have enough, now get practicing!
I shall take this advice and use it...
6ixr
If it is okay with [vincent] and the organisers if i could change my game to friday night (6-8pm) please? if not i may not make my match.
[Vincent]

IchigoSaki wrote:

If it is okay with [vincent] and the organisers if i could change my game to friday night (6-8pm) please? if not i may not make my match.
fine by me.
Topic Starter
Illkryn
Done, 6pm it is :)
B1rd
Hardrock eh? so I have 4 days to learn AR10 :o
Moodkiller03
Could someone confirm for me if the time difference between AEST and NZST is 2 hours? I.e. 7:45pm AEST would be 9:45pm NZST?
Oinari-sama

Moodkiller03 wrote:

Could someone confirm for me if the time difference between AEST and NZST is 2 hours? I.e. 7:45pm AEST would be 9:45pm NZST?
NZST = UTC +1200
AEST = UTC +1000

NZST = AEST +200
Nisekoi
Can I also request to change my game to either a thursday or friday, somewhere in the afternoon around 2 - 4pm would be fine,
I'm vsing Philantropist if thats alright with him
Moodkiller03

Oinari-sama wrote:

Moodkiller03 wrote:

NZST = UTC +1200
AEST = UTC +1000

NZST = AEST +200
Thanks for the confirmation. 9:45pm it is then.
Lach
It's pretty strange to have such a limited nomod pool. You shouldn't force people into picking mods. A minimum of 6 nomod maps would probably be ideal.
B1rd
I was wondering, how do you spectate the matches?
Topic Starter
Illkryn

Lach wrote:

It's pretty strange to have such a limited nomod pool. You shouldn't force people into picking mods. A minimum of 6 nomod maps would probably be ideal.

Yes, I am aware, there was some issues that came up.

Unfortunately.
Filthy Casual
Just been invited to a party for Saturday night meaning I won't be able to make it to my matches. Is it possible I can change to Friday/Sunday night? If not I'll just forfeit.
Happyjon

Lach wrote:

I believe one of the map selectors pulled out at the last minute, causing this week's map selection to be extremely rushed. It should be fixed for the following rounds.
show more