forum

AUSNZ osu!standard Tourney (Concluded, Tokichii wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Happyjon
I don't think you understand basic maths, 2^6 = 64, not 60.
- Xest -
This looks like fun, sign me up D:
Bloodmoon_old_1

Happyjon wrote:

I don't think you understand basic maths, 2^6 = 64, not 60.
Happyjon pls, it was an arbitrary number ._.

I'll check with Illkryn, but that sounds like a good idea to me.

[*updated players]
apple_piez
Count me in please :D
B1rd
why are all the low pp people being matched up against high pp players? you're trying to kill us off!
Bloodmoon_old_1

apple_piez wrote:

I was actually getting around to asking you if you wanted to join XD

B1rd wrote:

why are all the low pp people being matched up against high pp players? you're trying to kill us off!
I think we are going to randomize it later. It's up to Illkryn :)
Noobsicle
count me in :)
ggsnipess
If there are any spots, count me in, I haven't killed time in this game in ages.
hansonoh
can i cum too
Scirca
OSU TOURNAMENT? AUSTRALIA? TOKICHII? Count me in. #notgonnagetrekt
Chappy
I would love to play in this! I'm in if there is a spot open!
Bloodmoon_old_1

Chappy wrote:

I would love to play in this! I'm in if there is a spot open!
haha, are you sure you are an Australian or New Zealand player?

*updated players above^
B1rd

Bloodmoon wrote:

apple_piez wrote:

I was actually getting around to asking you if you wanted to join XD

B1rd wrote:

I think we are going to randomize it later. It's up to Illkryn :)
I have an idea- why don't we at least match up people to players who have somewhat similar pp; putting me up against someone with 4000pp is not going to be fun or competitive in any way.
Bloodmoon_old_1

B1rd wrote:

I have an idea- why don't we at least match up people to players who have somewhat similar pp; putting me up against someone with 4000pp is not going to be fun or competitive in any way.
Don't worry, I share your view, but it's up to Illkryn and Happyjon I believe and there are pros and cons of doing it either way.
deletemyaccount
As stated in the OP, it is not final. Don't worry, i'm sure it will be re-made closer to the date.
6ixr
eeerrrggghhh GG guys im up against TimmyTimTims... wont make Rd2.....

Good Luck Everyone Else
6ixr
]I Sincerely apologise but i cannot play due to a Rugby League injury to my shoulder.....
Good Luck Everyone Else

EDIT: Can i Withdraw my forfeit? i understand if i cant but if i can may i?
Melt3dCheeze

IchigoSaki wrote:

]I Sincerely apologise but i cannot play due to a Rugby League injury to my shoulder.....
Good Luck Everyone Else

You've got some amount of time to recover, and to recover is to get the strength back into your shoulder, you should be fine in a month :)
buny

Melt3dCheeze wrote:

IchigoSaki wrote:

Good Luck Everyone Else

You've got some amount of time to recover, and to recover is to get the strength back into your shoulder, you should be fine in a month :)
Yep, I don't think this will start until a long while
B1rd
I have a proposal for format of the tournament~

So it will be split into three tiers, however there will be some differences to before. The tier 3 players will starts first, and have a mini tournament. The winner of tier 3 will get a minor prized for being the best noob, and then will then move onto tier two. The tier two's will only have one lot of matches, and the winners will move on and each go head to head again the tier 3 players.
Obviously I haven't drawn the pic to scale (I'm such an artist, I know~), so depending on the nurmbers some changes will be made.

So IMHO, I think it's a good way to have the tournament since everyone can be competetive against their own skill level at the start, the good players won't get knocked out early, and it will also go over a longer period of time so there will be more of a chance to spectate the matches and discuss the state of the touney and players.
sellyme
I definitely support B1rd's proposal. Will allow for entertaining matches, give everyone a shot at winning at least a few matches, and still have the best players progress the furthest.
Topic Starter
Illkryn
Thank you for your suggestion B1rd, I know I would love to have something as big as that.

The problem is, the workload required for the amount of mapsets I would need is just far too great an effort. :(
Maybe if this one is a success I'll do another one some time and find a time where I can devote more effort and motivation into it.
buny

Illkryn wrote:

Thank you for your suggestion B1rd, I know I would love to have something as big as that.

The problem is, the workload required for the amount of mapsets I would need is just far too great an effort. :(
Maybe if this one is a success I'll do another one some time and find a time where I can devote more effort and motivation into it.
Have 2 tiers, 3.5k+ and 3.5k-
Melt3dCheeze

buny wrote:

Illkryn wrote:

Have 2 tiers, 3.5k+ and 3.5k-
If we are doing tiers, should be top of tier 1 vs top of tier 2, otherwise it'll be too much of accuracy wars going if we are distinctive tier in the first round (I'm assuming that it would be easy insane maps for both tiers to play). Also, it should be the top 32 players in ALL Participants rather than basing off a cut off of a pp value.
buny

Melt3dCheeze wrote:

If we are doing tiers, should be top of tier 1 vs top of tier 2, otherwise it'll be too much of accuracy wars going if we are distinctive tier in the first round (I'm assuming that it would be easy insane maps for both tiers to play). Also, it should be the top 32 players in ALL Participants rather than basing off a cut off of a pp value.
I agree with the cut off value, but having the top of tier 2 play top of tier 1 isn't entirely fair, due to the skill gap.
If anything, the tiers should just be separate tourneys - though it's probably much too high maintenance and probably not enough players.
pekkanto
Happyjon

buny wrote:

I agree with the cut off value, but having the top of tier 2 play top of tier 1 isn't entirely fair, due to the skill gap.
If anything, the tiers should just be separate tourneys - though it's probably much too high maintenance and probably not enough players.
Unfortunately I think this sort of thing will happen in a single-elimination tournament no matter what you do. Even if you have two tiers, there will still be a rather large skill gap between the two players, and it's especially noticeable in a game like osu!
The format for this current tournament is pretty much set in stone, but we may try playing around with the format if we ever get around to organizing another tournament.
Nisekoi
too late to sign up?
If not count me in
6ixr
if your looking for help i can help select maps to help you guys out. Ill help if you would like me to
Happyjon
I think we have enough staff for now, thanks.
Bloodmoon_old_1

B1rd wrote:

I have a proposal for format of the tournament~

So it will be split into three tiers, however there will be some differences to before. The tier 3 players will starts first, and have a mini tournament. The winner of tier 3 will get a minor prized for being the best noob, and then will then move onto tier two. The tier two's will only have one lot of matches, and the winners will move on and each go head to head again the tier 3 players.
Obviously I haven't drawn the pic to scale (I'm such an artist, I know~), so depending on the nurmbers some changes will be made.

So IMHO, I think it's a good way to have the tournament since everyone can be competetive against their own skill level at the start, the good players won't get knocked out early, and it will also go over a longer period of time so there will be more of a chance to spectate the matches and discuss the state of the touney and players.
= exactly what I was setting up XD

But yeah, sounds like we can't do it.
Melt3dCheeze
Also, if we are going to stream this live, my choices for commentary is:
deadbeat - kawaii voice desu~
peppy - Future Prime Minister gonna need some practice
Mr Color - can't avoid his maximum jinxing powers

I can't think of more, someone halp name drop pl0x
B1rd

Melt3dCheeze wrote:

Also, if we are going to stream this live, my choices for commentary is:
deadbeat - kawaii voice desu~
peppy - Future Prime Minister gonna need some practice
Mr Color - can't avoid his maximum jinxing powers

I can't think of more, someone halp name drop pl0x
I would do anything to have peppy commentate the tourney and acknowlege my as I fail epicly. someone should ask him.
pola[r]is
I'm in on it.
Mao-sama
if you have another spot im happy to get destroyed by everyone
6ixr

Mao-sama wrote:

I'm pretty sure sign-ups are closed so you might have to talk to the hosts (Bloodmoon, Deadbeat and Illkryn
Bloodmoon_old_1

IchigoSaki wrote:

Mao-sama wrote:

I'm pretty sure sign-ups are closed so you might have to talk to the hosts (Bloodmoon, Deadbeat and Illkryn
Don't worry, Mao-sama is in. There's only one spot left now though.
Geniance
If that spot is still available, I'd love to join :D
6ixr

Geniance wrote:

If that spot is still available, I'd love to join :D
I think you are in because there is one spot left.
Just check with the hosts
AstralPhnx
Damn! I only just saw this! I really wanted to participate in a tournament! Is their any chance you could squeeze me in somewhere??
show more