forum

Rate the mapping technique - Round 21: Triple Streams

posted
Total Posts

Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 (Read post before answering)

5 - Love them!
38.91%
22.59%
17.15%
9.62%
1 - Hate them!
11.72%
Total votes: 239
show more
rust45

m980 wrote:

Usually placed to fill time. Shows laziness in the mapper, and is uncreative.

1'd
Well I voted under the condition the the triplets actually followed the music well.
Wojjan
These are really hard to pull off in a map and retain some fun-value. Usually I find these streams in maps only to add difficulty.
A perfect example of this is DJPop's Moskau diff. It's filled with these things, and they barely follow the song.
nomedeusuarionaodisp
I like them more than deathstreams, but I still dislike them because they're streams. So... 3?
I guess I'm cool with them as long as they fit in the song and are not abused too much.
Derekku
4. Usually overused, but a lot of times I see them and I enjoy them, so... :?
Gens
3oh!3 - HOTT [SFG's Scorchin']

OH GOD
anonymous_old
I like these especially when there are large distances between notes or are of a highish BPM (around 175), or even both.
Ephemeral
Used to inflate an otherwise easy difficulty to faux-insane standards purely because of laziness on the mapper's part.

Strategic triplets are fine, but when you're streaming them, something is horrifically wrong.
Dangaard

m980 wrote:

Sounds a bit generalized.
Anyway I'm giving this a 4, I like to use some shorter streams in place for a huge deathstream on nearly all my maps (in case I use streams at all).
mm201
4. awp used these quite well on his TWEWY maps.
Lybydose
Voted 3. Far more difficult than normal streams, but quite interesting if used correctly. Unfortunately, this typically isn't the case.
Real1
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
CheeseWarlock
I use these too often in Insane maps that I never end up finishing because I realize it's a pretty lazy mapping technique. 3, because it's pretty neutral as far as playing goes so it's hard to really have anything against it.
Hanyuu
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Mogsy

Lazy, lacks creativity, and never usually goes along with the music.
Doomsday
If it actually goes with the Song, then its fine. If it doesn't however, then...

3'd
Randy96

Doomsday93 wrote:

If it actually goes with the Song, then its fine. If it doesn't however, then...

3'd
This.
mrtn

m980 wrote:

agreed.
Furthermore: more often than not they don't follow the music, thus sounding horrible.
Ekaru
Please tell me how 3 1/4s in a row are more uncreative than 1/2 streams. I actually prefer groups of 3 1/4s over long 1/2 streams; it's a lot more entertaining than clicking at the same pace for retarded periods of time.

For me, it doesn't have to fit the music, just fit the overall rhythm. Often it works well, sometimes it fails. I gave it a 5 just because it's a standard pattern that works well if you know what the fuck you are doing, because it's a given that it will suck if the mapper is lazy or an idiot, and in this case I don't feel like taking those people into account, though they do exist and have given me nightmares.

EDIT: BTW I decided to change my vote to a 2.
anonymous_old

OP wrote:

Round 21: Triplet Streams
Should be "Triple Streams" or something. Triplets are three 1/3's together.
YGOkid8

m980 wrote:

1'd
I'd agree with you there, but sometimes, they ARE fun to play

4*
Cyclone
Ok, this really bugs me. Can we PLEASE PLEASE change the name of these? Half the people in this thread have probably seen me complain about this at least once over the past year or so.

"Triplet - Group of three equal-valued notes played in the time of two; indicated by a bracket and the number 3."

This is the definition of a triplet in regards to music.
anonymous_old

Cyclone wrote:

Ok, this really bugs me. Can we PLEASE PLEASE change the name of these? Half the people in this thread have probably seen me complain about this at least once over the past year or so.

"Triplet - Group of three equal-valued notes played in the time of two; indicated by a bracket and the number 3."

This is the definition of a triplet in regards to music.
Yes; I call these triples.
Topic Starter
m980
eee
eh, not when they're too fast/far apart
3 -_-
I like stacked triples
theowest

W.T. Orchestra - William Tell Overture

That beatmap's got the best use of them I've ever seen. The beatmap is full of them! <3
theplayerbeta
I like this streams :D
4/5
Genshin
i like them, especially when are stacked.
i usually call those: QTC or Q3C (quick triple clicks), and QDC/Q2C (quick double clicks) when there are just 2