forum

Starting anew

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kazutakee
I will get a Wacom Intuos S pen tablet soon, but is the difference between pen tablet and mouse big?
Will I have to start from the beginning again? ( Like playing easier maps to get used to it )
How long will it take before I'm used to it?
Tekklorn

Kazutakee wrote:

I will get a Wacom Intuos S pen tablet soon, but is the difference between pen tablet and mouse big?
Will I have to start from the beginning again? ( Like playing easier maps to get used to it )
How long will it take before I'm used to it?
Took me around 3-4 days to get used to my tablet from switching to mouse, it varies from person to person but i don't see it taking any longer than a week
Topic Starter
Kazutakee
Took me around 3-4 days to get used to my tablet from switching to mouse, it varies from person to person but i don't see it taking any longer than a week
Did the tablet help you improve? I took a break from osu for a while before, and after some days of playing osu, I've felt that I've been improving a lot, but I don't know if my aim will be better.
[ Stellar ]
It depends on the person.
For me, it took me 2 days to get better at tablet than at mouse.
For my friend, he was never able to get better with tablet.
Tekklorn

Kazutakee wrote:

Did the tablet help you improve? I took a break from osu for a while before, and after some days of playing osu, I've felt that I've been improving a lot, but I don't know if my aim will be better.
I did improve, but I wouldn't say the tablet was the reason for it, just playing makes anyone better regardless of whether you used a mouse or tablet to get there
[ Zan ]
As said by many people, it varies for everyone. For me it took less than a day of playing just to get used to it. IMO tablet is easier to get used to and improve while mouse seems to take more time to improve on.
Purple
The more experienced you are at playing with a mouse the more time it takes to completely adjust to playing with a tablet. Its a different although better thing, not just an upgrade that will immideately increase your playing skills. You also have to experiment with different tablet areas and pen grips, which may take additional time.
PinkHusky
If you really want to know/see the difference it makes you can watch a few of my live streams I did. The highlights is my first day with a tablet. Everything else in past broadcast has my day 5 all the way to month 10 of playing osu!.

Personally I found it a lot easier to be more accurate with a tablet. It took less than one day to get used to the tablet and find the way I liked to play. The only thing I've changed in the past months is making my area I play in a little bigger.

http://www.twitch.tv/cam60070/profile
Venumidas
If you won't improve, you won't improve.

If you improve, you improve.

Only thing I can really help you, "hover", never try to drag.

Draggin = Touching the tablet, wasting alot of nibs-money-tablet lifetime.

Hover = You will not even need nibs- save alot of tablet lifetime cause you never really touch it. (You don't touch the tablet but "fly-hover 0,25mm+ over it)

and also, don't play like other people tell you to. If you wan't to play with a small area, don't listen to people to tell you to make it bigger/ or smaller.

also you probably will change your playstyle daylie(little bit-pen grip etc.).
usa
tablet is easier to aim with than mouse.
tablet does not give you a boost in reading skills.
the grind for better reading is the same, and the difference in aim between the two peripherals is completely irrelevant below 3 digit ranks.
and no because you have a better aim doesn't mean you're gonna stop missing and start fc'ing everything.
your reading skills will carry over eventually so you won't have to start completely anew.
nooblet
Tablet will provide you with perfect aim instantly. What you need next is a mechanical keyboard, it should have red switches, which will provide you with perfect accuracy by the 3rd play. With the two in hand, you can SS anything from [FOUR DIMENSIONS] to [TAG4] with HDHRDTFL.

There's something called the search function. Here's a step-by-step guide
1. Search in "Gameplay and Rankings" with the Search at the bottom of the page. You can also search the whole forum if you go to search.php?. 2. Type what you need into the "Search query", fill out the rest according to your needs, and click "Search". I put in "switch tablet"
3. It will display a list of forum posts under "Gameplay and Rankings" with the key words you have searched. Look at the titles, and find some that might have what you're looking for.
Oh, looks like there are three of them down here!

I'll help you out this time. Here are the links.

Search page - search.php?&&keywords=%2Bswitch++%2Btablet++&fid%5B%5D=13&start=1
Stuff that probably relates to what you're looking for:
-> t/183491?hilit=switch+tablet
-> t/183531?hilit=switch+tablet
-> t/183182?hilit=switch+tablet

Next time try the search function. Please?
Purple

nooblet wrote:

Tablet will provide you with perfect aim instantly. What you need next is a mechanical keyboard, it should have red switches, which will provide you with perfect accuracy by the 3rd play. With the two in hand, you can SS anything from [FOUR DIMENSIONS] to [TAG4] with HDHRDTFL.

There's something called the search function. Here's a step-by-step guide
1. Search in "Gameplay and Rankings" with the Search at the bottom of the page. You can also search the whole forum if you go to search.php?. 2. Type what you need into the "Search query", fill out the rest according to your needs, and click "Search". I put in "switch tablet"
3. It will display a list of forum posts under "Gameplay and Rankings" with the key words you have searched. Look at the titles, and find some that might have what you're looking for.
Oh, looks like there are three of them down here!

I'll help you out this time. Here are the links.

Search page - search.php?&&keywords=%2Bswitch++%2Btablet++&fid%5B%5D=13&start=1
Stuff that probably relates to what you're looking for:
-> t/183491?hilit=switch+tablet
-> t/183531?hilit=switch+tablet
-> t/183182?hilit=switch+tablet

Next time try the search function. Please?
None of those threads pose the same question as this one. If you're gonna shitpost, why waste time making it so intricate? The hidden text was enough on its own, geez
Nub1
Yep like Venumidas said, Its better to hover than drag

even though I still use dragging, bc hovering is too difficult to me (almost accidently put the pen too high and failed) ;-;
nooblet

Purple wrote:

None of those threads pose the same question as this one. If you're gonna shitpost, why waste time making it so intricate? The hidden text was enough on its own, geez
Dunno why you'd consider the second part a shit post, I think it's a pretty legit search guide *shrug* shit post was in the hidden text.

He asked three questions. First one is pretty dumb and obvious. Second and third are pretty much answered together.

So, not sure where you're lookin', but uhhh first thread:

>>"You'll get used to it in no time at all if you get used to it."
>>"You said it yourself; you just swapped from mouse to tablet, don't worry it's perfectly normal to struggle at first but you will get used to it. "
>>"If so how long would it take for me to get back to my normal state?
in about a week or 2"
>>"... took maybe a day or two of good practice to get used to and even exceed my previous performance."
>>"It took me over a week to get used to the tablet..."

Other threads could contain answers to other questions he comes across in the future.

You didn't even read them, did you :?
Rewben2

Adicchi wrote:

Yep like Venumidas said, Its better to hover than drag

even though I still use dragging, bc hovering is too difficult to me (almost accidently put the pen too high and failed) ;-;
Slightly contradicting, if hovering doesn't work for you (for whatever reason) then it wouldn't be better than dragging... The one that is "better" is determined by the person using the tablet, there's no definitive answer that applies to everyone. In the long run it may be a different story though, if you did happen to fix the problem you have with hovering then hovering may become a better option.
Nub1
I tried to practice it slowly whenever I'm not busy chasing ranks, lol.

Hope its not taking more than a week to learn hovering