How many languages do you speak?

posted
Total Posts
show more
ZenoDiac
YEEAAAAA I'm gonna be the first person:

1.Afrikaans
2.English

And I can greet and ask people stuff in German and Indonesian, but I'm not fluent.
Xiaolin
Let me see, I can speak Arabic, English, and Japanese a little, 3 languages~
Kouya-
I currently speak English, Spanish, a little bit of Korean, a little bit of Khmer, and just one phrase in Swedish xD
Lewder

SupaWolfTiga wrote:

I currently speak English, Spanish, a little bit of Korean, a little bit of Khmer, and just one phrase in Swedish xD
I now know that a language called Khmer exists.
I can teach you a new phrase in Swedish to return the favour:
Minns du slutresultatet av finalen i ishockey världsmästerskapet 2011?
Can you remember the final score of the grand finals of the ice hockey world championships in 2011?
Kouya-

Lewder wrote:

I now know that a language called Khmer exists.
I can teach you a new phrase in Swedish to return the favour:
Minns du slutresultatet av finalen i ishockey världsmästerskapet 2011?
Can you remember the final score of the grand finals of the ice hockey world championships in 2011?
Didn't Russia won 5-3 to Canada ? I don't really watch Ice Hockey that much but I heard a few of my friends talking about that all day long years ago and I still remember xD

also : Tomorrow tov tver eat nov home o kang ot . OR នៅថ្ងៃស្អែកយើងបរិភោគអាហារពេលល្ងាចនៅឯផ្ទះបន្ទាប់មកព្យួរចេញនៅពេលក្រោយ .

Tomorrow we'll eat Dinner at home and then hang out later .
Mosti07
German, Norwegian and English :P i want also learn Japanes :)
Raging Bull
English and Cantonese. Can't read Chinese however.
Kritzkingvoid
100% English
70% Filipino
40% Japanese
30% Chinese
Avoidious
3 Languages :D. Greek, English and French :D
DENKOUSEKKA
English and Japanese.
Tsu chan
100 % dutch
90% english
40 % japanese
Yuuki Asuna
Norwegian and English :x
Phos-
One, and that's English orz
Gigo
Bulgarian (fluent), English (I really wanna say fluent, but... ok, screw it, fluent) and I recently started learning German.
Senpoii
Main language is English. I know very little Japanese, but want to learn it. I'm also learning Spanish from a friend.
mang0es
First language is Japanese, fluent in English as well. Have been learning Spanish for 4 years and also know a bit of French.
jackmoo3
Thai
and not really good in English but can understand :)
B1rd
I wonder why Japanese is so popular..
TakuMii

B1rd wrote:

because japanese is honto sugoi desu
Elicchi_old
English and Filipino. Kind of fluent on both.
B1rd

YayMii wrote:

B1rd wrote:

because japanese is honto sugoi desu
ee Nihongo wa sugoi desu ne

Just wanted to hear others' opinions :P
Lewder

B1rd wrote:

You're surrounded by weeaboos, of course it's popular
Genjitsu
Indonesian, English, and some basic Mandarin
So, 2 because I'm still learning how to speak Mandarin
Posdopd
I speak English, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese. :D ;)
Downsy
q
Aurele
French is my native language, English is my second language. I'm also willing to learn new languages, for an example, I'm learning Spanish and I have to learn Portuguese for my Brazil trip next year (:
nya10
Indonesian, English and a bit of Chinese (very very little chinese >.<)
[ Stellar ]
From strongest to weakest:
English, Chinese, Spanish, Japanese
rhiload
English and welsh (some dead language)
Lewder

rhiload wrote:

Yo, don't call Welsh dead, keep it alive instead. I fucking hate when languages die because of people thinking it'd be convenient not to teach it to their children because they "won't need" it in the long run.
rhiload

Lewder wrote:

rhiload wrote:

Yo, don't call Welsh dead, keep it alive instead. I fucking hate when languages die because of people thinking it'd be convenient not to teach it to their children because they "won't need" it in the long run.
it is teached all around the country. it is not a dead language so to say. but its definitely overshadowed by the more dominant English language. its more of a "local" language so to say. im fine with it as long as it still has a mark on wales.
Raiken-
Indonesian. English @ School sometimes when I'm bored or something. Japanese @ Home when I'm angry or something.
Lewder

rhiload wrote:

Lewder wrote:

it is teached all around the country. it is not a dead language so to say. but its definitely overshadowed by the more dominant English language. its more of a "local" language so to say. im fine with it as long as it still has a mark on wales.
Yeah but I mean kids will never learn to be fluent in it at school, I for an example speak Swedish as a heavy lingual minority in Finland and I will teach my adopted child(ren) Swedish if I happen to raise them with a Finnish speaker and Finnish if I happen to raise them with a Swedish speaker. If I was in your position and my potential children were both to be raised to Welsh parents who speak both Welsh and English I would have one parent speak Welsh to the children and the other one speak English, until they've reached the age of around 5 at which point they've developed most of their lingual fluency (they say children learn languages the fastest around the ages 2-3) and then switch to what feels most convenient. But that's just me who loves languages and culture and wants to keep them alive, Idunno.
rhiload
Yeah but I mean kids will never learn to be fluent in it at school, I for an example speak Swedish as a heavy lingual minority in Finland and I will teach my adopted child(ren) Swedish if I happen to raise them with a Finnish speaker and Finnish if I happen to raise them with a Swedish speaker. If I was in your position and my potential children were both to be raised to Welsh parents who speak both Welsh and English I would have one parent speak Welsh to the children and the other one speak English, until they've reached the age of around 5 at which point they've developed most of their lingual fluency (they say children learn languages the fastest around the ages 2-3) and then switch to what feels most convenient. But that's just me who loves languages and culture and wants to keep them alive, Idunno.
Derailment of thread incoming. i completely agree with you. its nice to have the two languages there in case they need either/or.

fun fact. the worlds 2nd longest town name is in welsh Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.
Garuhin
There are only 2 languages which I speak fluent: Dutch and English, though I'm learning french and german in school.
XinCrin
Spanish , English and trying with quechua (very old language)
FlyingNeko
I'm fluent at English and Filipino. I guess I can count in several other languages.
MimiliaaMyMommy
I speak 2 languages (Dutch & English) I can talk a little bit of French but not alot.
MrBakpao
i'm indonesian, but i still learning english and japanese
Cloudchaser
Spanish (Native language) and English. I'm currently taking Latin & greek lessons
show more