forum

[resolved] [confirmed] [Web] Weird Rank Graph Scale

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZiRoX
Problem Details: When there's a sudden change in rank from a person, the scale of the graph gets weird. The user from the screenshot is https://osu.ppy.sh/u/2427813

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140320.4 (latest)
Arnold0
Hovering over the curve seams to work fine for me.
Topic Starter
ZiRoX

Arnold0 wrote:

Hovering over the curve seams to work fine for me.
Yup, I reloaded the profile a while after and it worked, however, the scale is still broken. I think I have an idea of the reason: the graph is divided into 5 intervals ranging from 1 to the nearest higher power of 10. As this user is now ranked #89, his graph would go from #1 to #100, but since he has some ranks off the chart, the scaling breaks.
XPJ38
I also noticed this on Aqo's profile. It's indeed not really beautiful but I can't tell if it is intended or not.
Bauxe
The scale is correct, isn't it?
Topic Starter
ZiRoX

Bauxe wrote:

The scale is correct, isn't it?

So nice.
Derekku
In addition to the horizontal markings being missing/incorrect, many users' graphs aren't scaling properly at all.

Correct(?):

Incorrect:
peppy
The scaling changes depending on the range of the users' rank history. I will work to improve the cases where it goes logarithmic (like in the OP).
peppy
I've fixed the weird cases. Things should look a lot better now.
TheVileOne
Cases like mine are still weird. I don't even remember a time when I was ranked 8K in CTB. I don't know why the bottom scale is 10K when since the new pp algorithm took place I have not been lower than 2200 rank. CTB ranks don't fluctuate this much. I could not see my rank ever getting remotely near the bottom end of my ranking scale.
Derekku
Near-horizontal lines aren't that helpful with the scale still messed up :P.