forum

[duplicate] Swiss Chat

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +116
Topic Starter
Neo
We really need this chat since our community is splitted.
I know that we aren't really active in posting in the forums, yet we're really chatactive and currently we have no real possibility for a group chat. There are even more people than in #turkish or #romania.

And for the people wich are coming here just to say: "Swissgerman isn't a language"
or making jokes like: "yea why shouldn't we add #latin-spanish too etc."

Swissgerman is a language there is even a dictionary about Swissgerman ... so this not a country chat request it is a language chat request.

Irreversible is willing to mod the chat as well.

The swiss community hopes that this suggestion gets considered!
Kaika

neofoxxed wrote:

I know that we aren't really active in posting in the forums, yet we're really chatactive and currently we have no real possibility for a group chat. There are even more people than in #turkish or #romania.

And for the people wich are coming here just to say: "Swissgerman isn't a language"

Swissgerman is a language there is even a dictionary about Swissgerman ... so this not a country chat request it is a language chat request.

I Agree.
Misanax

neofoxxed wrote:

Stefan
t/122251/start=0 It has been already discussed there why no #swiss channel will be opened. Just read the whole thread. Anyway, there is a little thing I want to add (the quote is from the other thread):

Liqo wrote:

the most of switzerlands ppl are talking german, and also, more or less, french and italian.
there are very much peoples with 2 mainlanguage (french and german as example).
What I can say about Austria is that in Burgenland lives people who mainly speaks slovakian and/or croatian. Also Kärnten has slovenian-speaking people or Tirol got its italian-speaking part. The argument that Swiss has three official languages doesn't really excuse this problem.
deadbeat
makes me sad to see so many stars wasted :'(
Im so mad bro
To be honest, if peppy won't give us the option to create our own chat channels... I see no reason that a chat channel with as much demand as #swiss should not be considered. How much effort does it really take to run a chat channel? We have a potential trusted chat mod. In addition, those who frequent #german will know that there are constant clashes between the Swiss and German communities...
ayygurl
let's revive this, oh wait no it's dead kappa
Bara-
Please don't bump marked threads
It's already a duplicate, so it's of no use