forum

Am I good enough for my level ? :>

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mizuno Yui
Why aren't there some universally accepted "landmark maps" an average player should be able to pass/fc/whatever after xy plays?
Mystrian_old

Philantropist wrote:

Yeah, you don't want to nofail on maps that you clearly can't play and are forced to esentially mash your keyboard, it's actually bad for you.
This is true. Train yourself on accuracy then i guess. "Practice slower maps with low ar's" is the advice I got. Work on getting more SS 100% (no 100 on sliders).
Weed
nothing rank skill person
10crystalmask01

Soarezi wrote:

skill is depandant on person, lvl and rank says nothing
^ Original post @next 5 same comments, no stealing >:(
Clappy
Level has nothing to do with anything, you're where you deserve to be because you're playing mostly easy maps.

jippusu - Mushikui Saikede Rhythm [Normal]
Matsumoto Sara - Ito Hakanaki Hikari no Gotoku [Normal]
ItaloBrothers vs. Tune Up! - Colours Of The Rainbow [Normal]

You'll be a good reader if you continue to read these low ar's for some odd time but you should get some speed and play insanes, practice your snapping, force yourself to read ar9. Don't just focus on ar9 tho, I wish I could take back those months of playing nothing but ar9 because my reading is terrible.

tl;dr: easier maps will help your sight read, harder maps will help your speed. You SHOULD a good reader, now work on your speed and you'll shoot up ranks.
hehe
the standard is being able to SS big black by 210 plays, and DT freedom dive by 383.64 plays, and HDDTHRFL airman by 500th play.

if you arent able to meet this benchmakrs, i guess you just have to quit osu
Sunlyx
I'm like level 65 and I have about 800pp.
Eh, keep at it.
Clappy

tastystew wrote:

the standard is being able to SS big black by 210 plays, and DT freedom dive by 383.64 plays, and HDDTHRFL airman by 500th play.

Never truly understood why these osu forums are so toxic, inexperienced players are looking for answers to legit questions and you give them this shit. If people are so tired of these types of questions, they should stop browsing these forums due to the high probability of getting questions like such or petition for a pro-only section in the forum.

The buddy system of osu is lackluster and is rarely learned by people coming to this game from other games such as league. The climb that's necessary for people to read stuff they arent familiar with can take months, I still can't read ar 10 or 7 and I've been working at it for months. But wait, let me guess, you're super pro and the emotions of people aren't important to you aren't they? So tired of these questions but, people sarcastically put answers for as far as I could remember.

tl;dr: GROW THE FUCK UP
Gigo

0Clappie wrote:

Never truly understood why these osu forums are so toxic, inexperienced players are looking for answers to legit questions and you give them this shit.
How the fuck is "Am I good enough for my level?" a legit question? What's legit about it? What if every new player gets here and starts making threads asking is he good enough for his level? That would be a lot of fun, right?

This thread is utterly pointless. I have no idea what he is trying to accomplish by asking this. We either tell him he is good or that he sucks. He won't learn anything from either of these two answers. So he basically wasted his and our time. You know what will help him learn and become a better player? That's right, actually playing.

So don't tell me the forums are toxic! People here are actually helpful when there is legitimately a good question. "Am I good enough for my level?" is not one of them...
usa

btw you are better than I was so go ahead and stroke your e-pen
Topic Starter
KaelGen

0Clappie wrote:

Level has nothing to do with anything, you're where you deserve to be because you're playing mostly easy maps.

You'll be a good reader if you continue to read these low ar's for some odd time but you should get some speed and play insanes, practice your snapping, force yourself to read ar9. Don't just focus on ar9 tho, I wish I could take back those months of playing nothing but ar9 because my reading is terrible.

tl;dr: easier maps will help your sight read, harder maps will help your speed. You SHOULD a good reader, now work on your speed and you'll shoot up ranks.
the high amount of plays on these maps come from a long time ago, and recently I try to get a lot of S/SS on easier maps.
my highest pp rated map so far is
RAMM ni Haiyoru Nyaruko-san - Yotte S.O.S (TV Size) [DS's Hard]
got a S with DT . FC the map. I tryhard at the moment to FC it with DT HD but there is always a note that's a jerk towards me

Edit: I finally managed to FC this map with DT HD .... satisfaction :3
Lancelot

mick2903 wrote:

0Clappie wrote:

the high amount of plays on these maps come from a long time ago, and recently I try to get a lot of S/SS on easier maps.
my highest pp rated map so far is
RAMM ni Haiyoru Nyaruko-san - Yotte S.O.S (TV Size) [DS's Hard]
got a S with DT . FC the map. I tryhard at the moment to FC it with DT HD but there is always a note that's a jerk towards me

Edit: I finally managed to FC this map with DT HD .... satisfaction :3
Ah.
Topic Starter
KaelGen

Lancelot wrote:

Ah.
?
Kaitou Kid

Artaxerx wrote:

0Clappie wrote:

Never truly understood why these osu forums are so toxic, inexperienced players are looking for answers to legit questions and you give them this shit.
How the fuck is "Am I good enough for my level?" a legit question? What's legit about it? What if every new player gets here and starts making threads asking is he good enough for his level? That would be a lot of fun, right?

This thread is utterly pointless. I have no idea what he is trying to accomplish by asking this. We either tell him he is good or that he sucks. He won't learn anything from either of these two answers. So he basically wasted his and our time. You know what will help him learn and become a better player? That's right, actually playing.

So don't tell me the forums are toxic! People here are actually helpful when there is legitimately a good question. "Am I good enough for my level?" is not one of them...
lol
aBunny
if play count and level meant something, i would be godly for my play count and level. i just play offline to not worry about ranks. play for fun
AmaiHachimitsu
You're pretty much weak, practice more instead of making threads as to raise your self-esteem.

It's not important how good you become in X time. What matters is your peak of skill and the ability to maintain it. I don't remember people saying shit about Wolfie just because he's been playing for 5 years.
SammySama
Well, you should be taking off the training wheels of Hard and start playing Insanes now.
Skriggniichan
Clappy

Skriggle wrote:

Yep, these forums are a legit waste of time. Last time you'll hear from me, like you'll care anyways.
TheVileOne
I'll just point out that the only reliable way to answer that is by playing in multiplayer matches with people of similar rank. It helps me reaffirm my rank.
Mikelicious

buny wrote:

No.
Phonesavanh
Not at all
B1rd
Well you're way more accurate than me if that's any consolation (probably not). I'm happy if I get an A on a song.
loldcraft
coming from someone who started osu playing insanes+nofail (and getting D for everything)
(and never really played <5star maps)

when i was your level, it was the old pp system, and my rank was 300k.
so you're good from my standpoint
Topic Starter
KaelGen

loldcraft wrote:

coming from someone who started osu playing insanes+nofail (and getting D for everything)

I was rank 70k with old pp system, dropped to 100K after when ppv2 got introduced, now I'm at 62 k playing easy 5 stars with HD, DT if possible and HR if too low AR. this improves my accuracy a great deal, and yeah. after for fun I play maps like remote control, or pretender with NF. I usually get to 70 % on those and it's pretty fun
tokaku
skill is depandant on person, lvl and rank says nothing
Lilynn
It really does depend on who you are.( im only a level 28 so dont yell at me). not to be professor ego but im yet to find some one who is level 20's who can do an insane beat ranked map, my rank is low and by low i mean not even out of the 200000's so rank has nothing to do with it. and its really hard to rank someones skill since there are some inconsistent players out there who can SS on insane's one day but get a B on the same map the next day so in this perspective this person is a pro/semi-pro but osu will just add levels not subtract them.
Vuelo Eluko

tastystew wrote:

i feel like dting freedom dive would be harder than hd dt hr fl airman lol
neither humanly possible but just for comparison purposes
ksg
rank and level is dapandant of person, skill says nothing
Kaitou Kid
This thread should be locked, its kinda pointless now
uzzi

lanxmas wrote:

This thread should be locked, its kinda pointless now
...why would you bump it?
Vuelo Eluko

loldcraft wrote:

are you me

i did that for my first 5k plays, while constantly changing my mouse sensitivity. It was pretty much a string of the worst possible decisions all made together.