forum

Can I have some help with my computer? (Not machine wise)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maz
So pretty much things like Skype and Google Chrome take AGES (at least 10 minutes to open), things like osu glitch out sometimes and I have to open it via program x86 or just screwing by opening test and closing it, updating until it works, etc., but things like Mozilla Firefox are opening right away, but pop ups show up when I open them.

This only started today when I got back from Costa Rica, and I checked my control panel, nothing really seems suspicious...
Bweh
Check your Task Manager and see if your Memory or CPU isn't being worked to death by some weird process or something. Post screenshots, provide what OS you're using and your hardware specifications; help us help you.

Don't go to Central America.
Topic Starter
Maz

Brian OA wrote:

Check your Task Manager and see if your Memory or CPU isn't being worked to death by some weird process or something. Post screenshots, provide what OS you're using and your hardware specifications; help us help you.

Don't go to Central America.
I checked, and there was a hamachi thing taking up 4.4%, but ending it didnt do anything. Right now, according to the memory, 2.4 out of 7 GB is being used, so that isn't necessarily a problem.
Lewder
Why on earth would anyone install Hamachi?
BasedGod

Lewder wrote:

Most people use it for private servers like Minecraft, but i don't see anyone keeping it on while playing osu or doing something else lol
Topic Starter
Maz

BasedGod wrote:

Lewder wrote:

Most people use it for private servers like Minecraft, but i don't see anyone keeping it on while playing osu or doing something else lol
It wasnt even on, or at least on my screen. It wasn't fully closed I guess.
Yoeri
Hamachi is never fully closed until you uninstall it.
Topic Starter
Maz

Yoeri wrote:

Hamachi is never fully closed until you uninstall it.
Well I am positive that isnt what the problem is with my computer, so...
Vuelo Eluko
i used hamachi for pocket tanks

Run TDSSKiller, OP

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/tdsskiller/
Trash Boat
i barely use Hamachi, but only for hisouten
Topic Starter
Maz
Well as much as I enjoy this talk about hamachi, can anyone help me?
VoidnOwO
:oops:
B1rd
Sounds to me like a hard drive problem. Is it almost full? If so clean it up. Is is fragmented? Seach 'defragmenter' in the windows search bar to see, and defragment it if it is.

I doubt it but check CPU usage in TM.

Scan for viruses.

You might want to get a solid state drive, anything on those will load way faster. For example, my PC with Win 7 on an SSD boots to desktop before even those circles come together to form the Windows logo on the black background.
kouzuki_karen
reinstall windows
Vuelo Eluko
run hijackthis and post the log in this thread pls. then maybe i can help
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

also if you could bold it and font size: Large that would be great im a bit hard of sight these days
Topic Starter
Maz

BRBP wrote:

Mazdamaxsti wrote:

can anyone help me?
Want an answer from someone who does this for a living?

No, we can't. Giving a really poor description of the problem and arguing about every suggestion doesn't fix anything nor motivates anyone to even try to help you. All we know is that you have a problem with your computer, you don't give any details when asked to and I have no way to take a look at the problem myself.

Reinstall everything or buy a new computer.
You owe me $50.
Well I'm not asking for a super huge detailed 1000 word essay on this, I just wanted something simple, which was given by some nice people like B1rd and Brian.

Anyways, I only made 2 posts after a created this thread, one replying to Brian and one saying anyone talking about hamachi could help me, nowhere did I argue. Added to that, it was a simple problem that I needed answered, so I don't think too much info is needed.
Oinari-sama

Mazdamaxsti wrote:

...things like Mozilla Firefox are opening right away, but pop ups show up when I open them.
My money's on malwares...
Vuelo Eluko

Mazdamaxsti wrote:

Well I'm not asking for a super huge detailed 1000 word essay on this, I just wanted something simple, which was given by some nice people like B1rd and Brian.

Anyways, I only made 2 posts after a created this thread, one replying to Brian and one saying anyone talking about hamachi could help me, nowhere did I argue. Added to that, it was a simple problem that I needed answered, so I don't think too much info is needed.
you must not into computers then. seriously.

there's thousands of little interconnecting things that could go wrong to create the same problems on computers. from malware to file association to screwed up files and registry keys. you saying "stuff aint workin right" gives not even the slightest but of information. i gave what help i could though

you could at the VERY LEAST comb your event viewer for system errors and warnings. computers are way too complex to possibly do anything besides make guesses with the info you gave us
Cyclohexane
10M HCl into central unit fixes all problems
Weed
delete every single extension you have on chrome/firefox - you probably downloaded something that forced add-ons onto those and now someone is making money off you
Lewder
i thought pimping was highly illegal
Weed
not on the interwebz
loldcraft
Tried defragmenting your drive?
laport
Don't ever touch defragmentation software if you have an SSD, that being said,

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner this could actually help
loldcraft
for any drive try leaving at least 1GB empty if not the write speeds will screw up, applies to flash drives too
[quote=laport]Don't ever touch defragmentation software if you have an SSD, that being said, [/quote]
just copy everything out and format and shove it back in, seems faster than most "ssd optimisers" out there
regarding cc cleaner, i've used it a few times and so far effects are either minor or none for me
laport
[quote="loldcraft":1337]
[quote="laport":1337]Don't ever touch defragmentation software if you have an SSD, that being said,just copy everything out and format and shove it back in, seems faster than most "ssd optimisers" out thereAll modern SSD's support TRIM so unless you are running SSD's in a RAID setup, you don't need to format. TRIM is activated when your computer is in idle state.

If you have bought a new hard-drive to replace the old one with, but you're too lazy to reinstall the software, I would recommend Acronis TrueImage (Home) to "clone" the full content of your old drive to the new hard-drive.
loldcraft

laport wrote:

-snip-
i understand that, but i'm "defragmenting" to help get over the psychological barrier of "my flash drive is fragmented"
if you use a optimiser or sorts, it actually requires many writes/rewrites to repack the data, while copying it out and back only does it once
(but its pointsless as wear leveling will "fragment" the drive intentionally again, but then for most people they seem to not consider it fragmentation)
keyword: its psychological; a ssd is the same fragmented or not