forum

Monster Hunter series - help, showcases, & more!

posted
Total Posts
show more
PyaKura
So I went and... yeah, I'm importing a JP new 3DS + MHX bundle.
PyaKura

Can't wait
PyaKura
They were fucking late but it's here at last

PyaKura
Just after clearing village Dinovaldo quest...

capcom 10/10
-Maus-
Lost it at the Gargwa lmao
PyaKura

The gameplay is pretty confusing though lol, but yeah well I'm having fun.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
The more I look at this, the more I wish I could understand Japanese:

-Maus-
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
But there's a reason why it looks like that. I don't know the actual story, but I know it was mentioned.
PyaKura
If MHX is ever coming to the west it should be announced in 2 hours from now on the Nintendo Direct.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
You mean as Monster Hunter Generations?
PyaKura
Shhh it's a secret!!!1!
-Maus-
My ass
-Maus-
OH BOY, MHG IS MHX'S WESTERN NAME
IT'S COMING HERE THIS SUMMER
WE'LL GET BONUS IF WE HAVE MH4U SAVE DATA
AND WE'LL GET MARTH FROM FIRE EMBLEM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Ciunek
MHX Just got announced for the West as Monster Hunter Generations.

H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E H Y P E

A certain part of my body just became diamonds
PyaKura
I already own the game but watching the direct hyped me all over again...
-Maus-
AHAHAHAHA FLAGSHIP NAMES ARE REVEALED
RAIZEX, GAMUTO, TAMAMITSUNE, DINOVALDO- ASTALOS, GAMMOTH, MIZUTSUNE, GLAVENUS
GLAVENUS- GLAIVE ANUS LMAO
SORRY FOR THE CAPS, I JUST CAN'T
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Time to spend another 500+ hours on my n3DS XL...
PyaKura
It's still early as heck but let me know when you guys get the game... I'm honestly growing tired of playing with japanese folks, even though they're actually pretty nice and all. And I want to play the game on my n3DS XL.
-Maus-
Worry not fam, I'm getting it on release date, I've got enough cash. We can suck together, a gunner and a baguette :^)
Ciunek
I have my own 4-5 people crew, s-sorry! Probably maining GS again, or maybe I'll learn hammer on 4U enough to not suck balls with it when X is out. Or maybe be a Nice Roman with Gunlance... too many choices.
PyaKura
Honestly there is so many choices you'd missing out if you were to stick to only one or two weapon types, even if you have not reached endgame yet. I mained GS in p3rd and 4U so I thought it was time for a change. SA was a blast overall with the 4 styles and LS never felt good to me until I got a taste of Bushido/Adept style. I'm now learning CB as I have never touched it before, and I'm enjoying every single second I'm playing with it. Next I'm planning on learning Bow or toy around with Lance... although to be honest I kinda want to get proficient with every weapon at this point.
-Maus-
I'm just gonna stick with HBG master race, duh
PyaKura
HBG is STRONGer than ever. And I mean it. Those hunter arts...
-Maus-
I know an Asian HBG pro who solo'd Gogmazios with HBG, naked, on heroics. His comment on people using evasion skills:
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I'm fine with evading. I can't stand being slow unless I have some sort of shield (and I'm not looking at HBG's siege mode or whatever it's called).
PyaKura
Bushido/Adept makes evading and counterattacking a piece of cake so it allows you to act a bit more recklessly and still get away just fine.

i.e.: Doing a lvl 3 GS charge and perfect evading instead of doing a lvl 2 to have time to sheathe your weapon and get away / Fireing more shots as a gunner only to evade at the last moment and continue to rain down the pain.
-Maus-

Blazevoir wrote:

I'm fine with evading. I can't stand being slow unless I have some sort of shield (and I'm not looking at HBG's siege mode or whatever it's called).
Gud girl, siege mode isn't supposed to be used
-Maus-

Discuss.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Transformau5 wrote:

Discuss.
Name localizations. Why.
PyaKura
Yeah I'm probably going to keep using the JP names for the most part.
-Maus-
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Oy >_>
-Maus-
dun ban plox
-Maus-
Daily reminder: don't drive to the meme country.
Ciunek
I actually like monhan text localizations, mostly because the game isn't really focused on the story, so they can't screw it up much. Wonder what they'll do for MHGen.
Also if anyone missed last week's announcement, they changed Hororohoruru's name to Malfestio. Also just translated Nyanters to Prowlers, I was hoping for some cat styled name again, like with monhun 4u speech.
PyaKura
Some localized terms are a shame really, but I guess they do make sense for people who are not acquainted with japanese culture.

On a unrelated note, do you guys know anyone with knowledge about extracting game files (specifically, text strings to translate for MHO)? A bunch of guys and myself are planning to translate all the necessary stuff (as in not flavor texts and NPC talk) to play MHO for those who have 0 knowledge in mandarin.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Best, crossover, ever:

-Maus-
Ayy
Ciunek
show more