forum

Monster Hunter series - help, showcases, & more!

posted
Total Posts
show more
-Maus-
Nerscylla set for Gunner looks op af, will need to hunt it 10 times cos I want it all
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
The Gunner set I'm currently using is pretty OP for a mixed set. Though it mostly copies gaijinhunter's, I had to swap out the Head piece for something that actually had Evasion since I lacked a good Talisman.
-Maus-
Is Ner Bustergun a good pick for Gore Magala? :F
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Personally, I'd prefer a status weapon that can handle Sleep, Paralysis, and Poison (the last being optional depending on the monster), though for Gore Magala (and for a majority of the rest) I just straight-up attacked it with its Elemental weaknesses (Fire, Thunder, Dragon, in this case) along with the appropriate <Element> Atk +3 skill. It's not exactly slow-moving, but its attacks are predictable enough to dodge... most of the time.
-Maus-

Blazevoir wrote:

Personally, I'd prefer a status weapon that can handle Sleep, Paralysis, and Poison (the last being optional depending on the monster), though for Gore Magala (and for a majority of the rest) I just straight-up attacked it with its Elemental weaknesses (Fire, Thunder, Dragon, in this case) along with the appropriate <Element> Atk +3 skill. It's not exactly slow-moving, but its attacks are predictable enough to dodge... most of the time.
Ner Bustergun does the status ones, Bone Shooter and Arzuros Gun do the Flaming bullets :F
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
From what I saw, it doesn't handle Paralysis.

Well whatever; your choice. I don't use HBG's, so I can't recommend anything for that weapon anyway.

EDIT: So this is apparently a thing in Japan:

Azure_Kite

At 27:46. May the hype train commence it's journey. It looks like Pokke and Yukumo village will be available locations in this game.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Here's the non-Direct version (not to say the Direct itself wasn't interesting, but anyway):

PyaKura
HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE :D

SnS just got 10 times more epic.
Is that a evade attack for the DS ?
That GS air attack omg.
Pole vaulting with a LBG and Genkidama with HBG/GL ? YES PLEASE.

AAAAAAAAH THIS IS TOO MUCH

Edit : I just hope they don't break the balance between hunters (also preys to monsters) and monsters. I mean you have super moves and all but you shouldn't just become superman and wreck monsters' faces like they are nothing but toys. If it's at least as painstaking as charging your CB to use your super burst then I don't mind.

You might also want to take a look at GH's video :

-Maus-
How 2 gather armor stonez
Azure_Kite

Transformau5 wrote:

How 2 gather armor stonez
- Low Rank Dahren Mohran DLC Quest has a 20ish% chance of dropping Armor Stones each run.
- Play G-rank Guild quests between 80-100 iirc.
-Maus-
Dahren prepare ur anus then
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
More details on Monster Hunter Cross via Gaijin Hunter:

BUBBLES FTW!
PyaKura
That bubble monster looks like a slick R.Ludroth.

I'm pretty interested by that huge mammoth-like monster. He doesn't look like anything we've got so far in MH. Also dem hunting styles. By the sound of it I'd say I'd go what he calls the technical/opportunistic style as this is how I tend to play but I can't wait to know more about them. The aerial style looks real neat.

Oh and this is the first time ever I'm seeing the village from MH1 lol
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

PyaKura wrote:

That bubble monster looks like a slick R.Ludroth.
Fun fact: some people are already nicknaming it Bubbles (like how Seregios is Steve).

Oh and this is the first time ever I'm seeing the village from MH1 lol
Same.
PyaKura
White Fatty DLC tomorrow yay
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Anyone else agree?

PyaKura
I rarely ever have problems with Konshus but yeah lol

Also anyone who might be up for some MH poke me in osu! or on Skype (pyakura)
Critical Dude
Just hearing about Monster Hunter Stories, Spirits and X is making my mind... *_*

And yh Konchus were very annoying, I no longer have a problem with them now.
I hated it whenever I got knocked off a cliff by a Konchu as soon as I finished climbing it.
PyaKura

Critical Dude wrote:

I hated it whenever I got knocked off a cliff by a Konchu as soon as I finished climbing it.
They left that task to the Remobras for me.
-Maus-
Can anyone help me get 1 Rathian Ruby? I need it for Queen's Scionfire Heavy Bowgun upgrade ;w;
-Maus-
I was doing that Monoblos Dune quest, I dropped his HP and I was about to reload when he started charging at me, I was gonna die and then a Bnahabara just randomly stung him and he died LMAO
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I've had something like that happen to me before on MH3U. I think I was fighting a Rathalos, and it died via a Jaagi.

YES. A JAAGI. AKA THE MOST BASIC OF MONSTERS.
PyaKura
Never had that happening to me, but it reminds me of that vid with the Konchu taking down a charging Diablos for sure.
-Maus-

Blazevoir wrote:

I've had something like that happen to me before on MH3U. I think I was fighting a Rathalos, and it died via a Jaagi.

YES. A JAAGI. AKA THE MOST BASIC OF MONSTERS.
Bnahabara is even weaker than a Jaggi xD
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Yes, I'm aware of that >_>
-Maus-
Ayy lmao HR 48 achieved
-Maus-
Best gun for Pink Rathian (In the Pink)?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Personal preference. I just use whatever can use Thunder/Lightning and Normal 3 shots (ricochet at the wings).
-Maus-
The problem is that of the 4 guns I have, Queen's Scionfire (Queen's Longfire lv 3) doesn't shoot these and is basically useless against Rathian, Loyal Thunder (Mightning lv 2) feels like it has too little ammo choice and Arahabaki (Peerless lv 3) is the strongest and has the biggest choice, but then again its kickback is killing me. And Buster Blaster is useless for now, and will still be after upgrading I guess.

I think I'll just farm Seregios to get max fire resistance and no recoil but slow reload.
-Maus-
A rank 400 guy flamed me today for dying from a Molten Tigrex's blow and started screaming shit about knowing how to avoid at G2 rank, he also complained about me having a Rare 5 set at this point, and then he told me not to rely on others. On the fucking multiplayer.
Why did I die at this rank!?
Because I'm a gunner?
On top of that, heavy gunner that can barely move?
Because my armor is weaker?
Because my set is weak as it is?
Because I got that rank yesterday?
Because I haven't finished the Seregios set yet?
Because I didn't have enough time to complete any G-rank set?
Because Molten Tigrex is capable of jumping like from one end of the Tower Summit to another in no time?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Transformau5 wrote:

Because I didn't have enough time to complete any G-rank set?
Definitely a good reason why people would get mad, actually.
PyaKura
^ this mostly

To be able to do somewhat decently in G2 you'd need at the very least 300 ~ 350 def as gunner (G1 is still manageable but even so...). Also Extended Evade Dist (and Evasion+ if possible) are must have from late high-rank onwards. Trying to do a G3 quest when you don't even have a G-rank armor is pure suicide yes.
___

I did some random hunts today jumping around several rooms and killed another Crimson Fatty, allowing me to finish his GS. The thing is not the best raw-wise (A mere 1200), however having a four digits elemental power is simply trippy (1000 Fire !). It's also got a nice 20% affinity and decent purple sharpness, no slots though. I don't think I'll be using it that much in comparison to my beloved Cera Cymmetry but it's definitely worth picking up against stuff like Gore/Shagaru/Gog :D
-Maus-
But don't expect me to make a set for each monster in 1 day, Jeez. I'm trying to complete the Seregios set and I'm almost done with the Waist, I need Purecrystals for the arms yet.

So yeah, Seregios set will have my fire res covered and will be the first G-rank set, then I guess I'll farm a Zinogre set for Thunder Res and preferably a Nerscylla set for Ice/Water.

Oh, and Ironically the Molten Tigrex hunt was for its resources for Sayyad Cannon+, lol. I'm being told to get resources while getting the resources.

And yet I sooo want to play with any of you rip
PyaKura
tbh I wouldn't have even tried to hunt that Molten Tigrex if I knew you had this equipment. Instead in those cases I kindly explain why I won't hunt with someone because of his equipment (in most cases it's due to the lack of both wystones and/or drive against Apexes) and kick them out lol. Flaming you was definitely not the good thing to do but yeah he was right to a certain extent. Don't rush the game, for MH is not really rushable anyway unless you already know a good bit of the game.

Personally I went from low-rank Nerscy to high-rank Monoblos to G-Rank Hermitaur sets, and from there I started crafting my numerous mixed sets for different playstyles and weapons.
-Maus-

PyaKura wrote:

tbh I wouldn't have even tried to hunt that Molten Tigrex if I knew you had this equipment. Instead in those cases I kindly explain why I won't hunt with someone because of his equipment (in most cases it's due to the lack of both wystones and/or drive against Apexes) and kick them out lol. Flaming you was definitely not the good thing to do but yeah he was right to a certain extent. Don't rush the game, for MH is not really rushable anyway unless you already know a good bit of the game.
How to get better stuff if I'm getting kicked from a quest that provides the good stuff
PyaKura
That's not it, you basically skipped a step in your progression :/
-Maus-
And I basically want to fill that gap in, but then again I'm getting kicked for that exact thing lol
PyaKura
go for the armor set first over the weapons
-Maus-
I've already mentioned like 2/3 times that I've almost finished a Seregios set, I'm actually trying to get the purecrystals for the arms right now, it's the last part remaining
show more