forum

Monster Hunter series - help, showcases, & more!

posted
Total Posts
show more
PyaKura

Blazevoir wrote:

I would get Sharpness +1, but weapons with Blue or higher tend to lose Sharpness fast unless you have the skill that slows it down... Or you have Seregios's weapon.
Depends. Most end-game weapons requires S+1 and have a good amount of Purple sharpness (which is basically what anyone wants to go for bar Gunners and some GL users). It also depends on your weapon class. For GS it doesn't matter much if you have lots of sharpness or not. For SnS/DS/Glaive however, it's pretty much required along with Razor Sharp.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Serious question here: can Low or High Rank armor be just as good as G Rank if you kept using Armor Stones, or do all of them have differnt max limits? I'm asking because I really can't stand the designs of some G Rank armor compared to their lower-ranked counterparts (some of which use older designs from past games).

Regardless of the answer, I know I'd be missing out on certain Skills, but there are some I'm willing to sacrifice.
Ciunek
I think the limits are different, but honestly I'm not 100% sure and I haven't tested that.
Azure_Kite
Armor stones can bring gear into viability for G rank defense-wise (Rank 15 Zinogre S user here, because wolf ears are so cute!), although the low/high rank armors still miss out on 10-18 armor per piece at their maximum rank. That's 50-90 armor less than G rank gear, cumulatively, without mixing and matching with other gear.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

Armor stones can bring gear into viability for G rank defense-wise (Rank 15 Zinogre S user here, because wolf ears are so cute!), although the low/high rank armors still miss out on 10-18 armor per piece at their maximum rank. That's 50-90 armor less than G rank gear, cumulatively, without mixing and matching with other gear.
THAT'S EXACTLY WHY I HATE THE G RANK (STYGIAN) ZINOGRE ARMOR: BECAUSE THEY LACK THOSE DX That, and the rest of the armor just doesn't appeal to me (both Blademaster's and Gunner's)... *sigh* Anyway... honestly, missing out on some Defense doesn't sound that bad to me at the moment, though I'm sure post-G3 will require as much as possible unless you can dodge well and/or use your shield at the right times (which I suck at).

I guess if I ever get bored, I'll actually try to make and use High Rank (Stygian) Zinogre gear (and Brachydios) only if I'm helping non-G Rank people.
Azure_Kite
Well, I'm at G3 now, so..... I'd say it's not exactly unusable :P
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Guess I know what to do whenever I get stuck on G Rank hunts /o/

...Now only if I had the funds ._.
PyaKura
You don't know how much I'd have even 30 ~ 40 more def in level 140 GQ lol
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Someone showed me this. Though I think it's mainly directed at MH3U, this probably still holds true even now:

Ciunek
Eh, as a GS main I -love- competent Hammerbros and let them stay at the head as much as they want to, if they get KOs. Lets me do damage as much as I want without any risk when monsters see stars. I can just always focus on legs and tail (priority anyway) if I have hammer within my team.
Rest is pretty true and hilarious.
PyaKura
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Uhh... o.o
PyaKura
I'll drop my CA here if anyone feels like adding me for some group hunting (and don't forget to tell me to add back !) : 1564 5101 8675
Ciunek

PyaKura wrote:

This should be a Savage Jho instead.
Azure_Kite

Ciunek wrote:

PyaKura wrote:

This should be a Savage Jho instead.
There's a reason there is a Furious Rajang.
Up to G rank Ukanlos now. Fought Gog with some pubs after killing Chameleos. He's a fun little cookie.
Ciunek
Someone posted this in one of channels I'm on:
http://puu.sh/gW9mt/9cc4691bb7.webm
I laughed far too hard.
Azure_Kite
That's actually from a MAD someone put together about a week ago. The whole fucking thing is a feat of beauty. It's amazing. Hammers to the heads of leaping monsters, SnS evade charges into charging monsters, trick shots with bows and Lance shenaniganry abound!

Ciunek
GG Azure, was pretty cool even with those few carts. Also lol those <60 HR people with autoguard talisman.
Anyway like I said in the room, here's my GQ list, if anyone wants something contact me somehow:

Unregistered:
120 Kirin Hammer/HH Original A (head)
120 Rajang Lance/GL Tri Series C (Legs)
108 Diablos + Rajang SnS/DB Original E (Arms)
118 Shaggy GS/LS Freedom D (Chest)

120 Kirin + Jho Lance/GL Tri F (Legs)
120 Jho Hammer/HH Tri D (Head)
120 Kirin Bow/Bowgun Original A (Waist)
120 Kushy SA/CB/IG Tri D (Waist)
PyaKura
Guess I'll share mine as well.

101 Rajang + Kut-Ku | SA/CB/IG | Freedom F Chest
101 Rajang + Blue Kut-Ku | Lance/GL | Tri E Head
101 Jho + Kut-Ku | SnS/DB | Tri B Head
110 Jho + P.D.Herm | Lance/GL | Tri F Legs
116 Oroshi Kirin | SA/CB/IG | Original E Legs
118 Chameleos | Hmr/HH | Freedom D Head
118 Teostra | Hmr/HH | Freedom F Legs
119 Rajang + Rajang | GS/LS | Original D Legs
120 Oroshi Kirin | Lance/GL | Original D Chest
120 Chameleos | SA/CB/IG | Tri E Head
120 Rajang | Bow/BG | Freedom D Head
120 Jho + Jho | Hmr/HH | Original F Arms
120 Shagaru | SA/CB/IG | Original C Head

Those are my interesting ones, just call me if you need one of those.

Reminder : Duo quests have their monsters' HP cut down by 30% each, and they usually give a higher number of rewards at the end of the quest.
"Super" G-Rank quests start at level 126 and offer the best loot you can get in the game. If monsters have an Apex form they will most likely be Apex in quest.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
So... funny thing just happened to me. Recently I finished making G Rank Oroshi Kirin's set; it had negative Fate (Bad Luck, which sometimes decreases your rewards), but on the upside it had (positive) Ice Atk and Elemental. Anyway, I brought that with me for an Azure Rathalos (and Brachydios) hunt. We (I and three randoms) managed to clear the quest, and... I got a Rathalos Ruby \o/

I'm trying to gem Bad Luck out now, but getting Golden Eggs on MH4U is soooooooooo tedious ;~;

P.S. I tried doing something for April Fools' Day for this thread, but I guess it went unnoticed x.x
Azure_Kite
I noticed Costume Hunter, but figured "Eh. It's accurate."
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I also edited the OP, actually.

Eh... whatever. Anyway, I'm at my G3 Urgent now... whatever the heck I need to fight scares me x.x
Azure_Kite
Gogmazios isn't too bad, just hug his butt/tail and stay away from the large piles of oil duing his "rear up and laser charge" attack. A lot of players get caught out by his slams too, but a superman dive should avoid that.
Ciunek
New DLC is out.
PyaKura
Oh please.
Azure_Kite

New Monster Hunter game for the 3DS, Monster Hunter Stories, has been announced with a teaser trailer.

If this legitimately lets me ride a mini Rathalos, I MAY OR MAY NOT BE ABLE TO CONTAIN ALL MY SQUEES. That being said, the Felyne design leaves a little to be desired, personally. It's something about the eyes.
NotEvenDoomMusic

Azure_Kite wrote:

New Monster Hunter game for the 3DS, Monster Hunter Stories, has been announced with a teaser trailer.

If this legitimately lets me ride a mini Rathalos, I MAY OR MAY NOT BE ABLE TO CONTAIN ALL MY SQUEES. That being said, the Felyne design leaves a little to be desired, personally. It's something about the eyes.
I'm wonderous why the video is received with such negativity.

Turns out japanese people are sceptic about MonHun being an RPG, possibly because they just compare it with Dragon Quest (which they prematurely dismiss the new game as a disaster)

Also, they dislike the artstyle because it's too childish (aimed at a younger audience, which is criticised) and anti-hyped about basically everything the trailer offered. (also huge discussion when they'll receive the next MH for a next gen console)

Though, the only redeeming thing they considered cool is riding a Rathalos.
Expectations are pretty low over in japan ):
Just a handful of people that are actually excited about this.

Anyways, i'm pretty stoked about this.
PyaKura
I... don't know. It does look weird for me. I'm simply really not accustomed to this graphic style in the MH universe. Also, that Felyne face is... uuuugh. Meh, wait and see I guess, the gameplay might be interesting enough for me to overlook the graphics.
Azure_Kite
It's not as though Monster Hunter hasn't had it's share of aesthetically different spin-off games, though.

Mezeporta Reclamation is one that springs to mind.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
IF I GET TO RIDE A ZINOGRE, JAPAN CAN TAKE ALL MY MONEY.
Azure_Kite
Agreed.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Quoting someone from a Skype group I'm in:

I did more research. One of two things is going to happen. Either you only have a single rideable Rathalos that you've bonded with because it was a runt individual that was picked on by other monsters. Or, the more likely scenario is that you are able to ride a large variety of monsters via egg gathering missions, where you collect the eggs from the wild, raise up the babies in captivity, and they increase in size over time via level-up. As such, the Rathalos in the video was a young one and still has some aging to do because it's a juvenile. Either way, I'm pretty sure you start off with Rathalos and it gets stronger as it grows. I'm 90% sure it's the latter though because Capcom even said that the plot of the game is going around trying to make better relationships with monsters, suggesting you're not just bonding with the Rathalos.
EDIT: In celebration of MH4U selling over 1 million copies overseas, we're getting a free Monster Hunter 3DS HOME Menu Theme in May!
-Maus-

Blazevoir wrote:

EDIT: In celebration of MH4U selling over 1 million copies overseas, we're getting a free Monster Hunter 3DS HOME Menu Theme in May!
I bought it already :v
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Bought what? The theme we didn't even get yet?
-Maus-

Blazevoir wrote:

Bought what? The theme we didn't even get yet?
Oh well, my bad
I thought you were talking about one of those 2 we have already
/me runz
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Hehe... So I just finished a Gogmazios hunt. Ended up cannonballing it out of the sky and killing it at the same time \o/
Azure_Kite
I did tthat once with my Dense Marcoal.

1000 Caravan points well spent.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Wow, nice job >w<b

EDIT: Surprised no one posted about this month's content... Well anyway, so it's mainly Megaman, Metroid, Street Fighter, and Taiko stuff, but what others probably might overlook is that we can get more free item packs.

Full content:

Also, don't forget to download the free Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate 3DS HOME Menu Theme.
Azure_Kite
I don't suppose the free theme was the Wood Print one?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Ah, my bad... Apparently that was previously only for North America, but it should be available for everyone now.
show more