forum

Monster Hunter series - help, showcases, & more!

posted
Total Posts
show more
PyaKura
I was planning to make a set specifically for Rogue Sedition with Earplugs as well but it will most likely be very situational... Priority for now is trying to get a decent set for SnS Status Bombing :D

Edit : It looks like this

But man, getting Special Glasses (Craftsman's Specs IG) is a pain in the ass, though the skill it gives (Mechanics ?) combine Trap Master and Bomber, so yeah...

Edit : I'm crying right now.
Ciunek
Evasion +2 is bit worthless, only giving 12 iframes as opposed to 10 on +1 (on standard 6 frame roll), not sure if +2 makes any difference for that set too. +3 is 18 frames, however. I don't know if you can replace it with adding more points into any other skill though.
PyaKura
I need to see for myself. Point is rolling through the bombs' explosions, and I don't know if Evade +1 is enough to do so. If it is, then I don't mind dropping Crit Eye as it is purely icing on the cake, and get Status Attack+2 instead. If even Evade+2 is not enough, I can upgrade to Evade+3 (which will be enough with the retarded amount of invulnerability you get) and drop Crit Eye. I have to say 18 frames of invulnerability is veeerrryyyy tempting lol.

That and I might have one or two slots spare to get squeeze in another skill, though that's unlikely to happen.
Azure_Kite
Evasion +2 is definitely enough to dodge explosions. I do it myself occasionally.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Finally G2 and closing in at HR60. And yet, I still need to get a Wystone... lol.

Also, added the Tumblr PyaKura mentioned to the OP.
Ciunek
I also got to G2 before going to sleep yesterday, went ahead and soloed my Urgent, also got HR100 on completion. Goddamn Konchu, causing me to cart. I swear I'd rather have bullfango back.
Azure_Kite
Ended up Soloing Ukanlos, his swim is annoyingly persistent though. I only rarely got hit by it but jeez. Yay for G1! \:D/
PyaKura

Azure_Kite wrote:

Evasion +2 is definitely enough to dodge explosions. I do it myself occasionally.
Good to know. Can you do it reliably ?

Also completed the Wyceum this week-end, I'm ready to go Apex hunting !
Azure_Kite
Yeah. I whack it with an IG then dodge to the left or right without consequence, haven't been knocked away yet.
PyaKura
Cool :D

Actually getting a set I could use against highly mobile monsters and for soloing annoying G quests was always something I wanted to try out as I usually hunt in more conventional means. If I can find people with whom I can do the required arena quests to unlock the key part of my armor I should be getting the remaining mats pretty quickly. Finding people willing to do arena is a real challenge though...
Ciunek
The only problem with Arena for me is that sometimes it only gives me weapons I have no experience with, so I can't S those :( Also gotta be more careful since I can't have my armor skills crutch.
PyaKura
S-ranked Apex Jho and A-Ranked Triple Tiggy.

Craftsman's Specs are now mine ~
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Lol wtf. So I hired four people for Hunters for Hire. They failed the quest, but I get a Large Wyvern Gem anyway. Victory?
PyaKura
Lol gratz.

I upgraded my SnS set to have Explosive Trapper/Evasion +2/Status Attack +2/ Sharpness +1, and I dropped Critical Eye as it is not really useful for a bomber playstyle...

When I get bored of this I'll try to stick my nose into gunner stuff, I somewhat want to pick up the bow again since I used it a lot in MHP3rd.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Made some interesting discoveries:

- Zamtrios can't escape certain areas when it's all bloated. Not sure if its subspecies also is affected by this.
- Brute Tigrex can get stuck in a wall (or at least destroyable pillars) when it's trying to ram you. Dunno if this also applies to the regular one.

(I'm probably really late in posting about this, but whatever.)
PyaKura
I didn't know about Zamtrios. I hate this guy with a passion so yeah ;_;

Also Teostra 126+ has insane damage. If it weren't for that armor I upgraded just before heading out I'd have been one-hit killed by his supernova.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Zamtrios is actually one of my favorite monsters among the newly introduced ones (save for when it's bloated), and the fact that you usually fight it at Frozen Seaway (which has EPIC battle music) makes it that much better for me, but anyway...

AZURE, WHEN THE HECK ARE WE GONNA PLAY TOGETHER?!
PyaKura
My bad, everytime I think about it I always picture its subspecies in my mind. This one's a nightmare in comparison to its normal counterpart, which I rather enjoy to fight.
Ciunek
I like Zamtrios Subspecies fight WAY more than normal one, it's so much more crazy it makes me happy trying hard on that actually.
Also pretty sure normal Tiggy can get stuck in pillars too. I saw Molten one being stuck, even. As for Teo, remember it's always a 100 seconds timer after he starts raging for Supernova use, so just count and get the hell out of the range whenever it's coming. Supernova is MEANT to OHKO you anyway, what kind of crazy def do you have, lol.
PyaKura
I know there is a timer but I don't always remember to start counting when it goes into rage mode nor do I have a timer beside me x_x
Not that I get hit often by it, and slime-enhanced attacks are pretty much guaranteed death as well.
As for Zam's sub the very fact that all it does is bouncing around without even using its shark-like form makes the fight pretty boring as you can't make it flinch nor can you mount it. And don't even get me started about how buggy his hitbox is !

On a side note, I'm tired of people trying to do Apex Jho without even knowing what they're doing. And they're like HR150+ :/. Failed the GQ 5 times in a row now.
Azure_Kite
Soon Blaze :< I'm sorry!!! ><

I actually have more trouble with Brute Tigrex than I do Zamtrios and it's crazier brother.

As far as whack hitboxes go, I think Dalamadur takes that cake, though.
PyaKura
Ah well, gigantic-sized monsters have always had doubtful hitboxes. At least they are usually heavily-scripted so it's less of a problem. If anything that makes hitting certain parts easier since the hitbox is larger than the actual model :P.
Azure_Kite
Just hit G2; Getting ALL the strong spheres.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
G2 -> G3's kinda mean; there are some non-Key Quests you have to do to even gain access to... well... the Key Quests (yes, prior Ranks also did that, but it wasn't THIS bad). I'm still trying to do them even now, though I'm sure G3 -> whatever's left will be worse...
PyaKura
No because Elder Dragons hunting is fun.
Ciunek
I'm literally doing EVERY quest there is in G rank. I don't want to be left out of Wyporium quests etc.
Sanxu_old
Monster Hunter? What do you do in that?
PyaKura
I'm having a boner by watching this hzkuoaghczaukihx.

@Sanxu : Basically, hunting monsters. Except it doesn't sound nor look as simple as it seems. >:D
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I thought about getting PunishDraw or Readiness, but I'm kinda horrible as a Blademaster (when I'm not using Light Bowguns, I'm a Gunlance user). Watching that video though, I can see how they can be useful.
PyaKura
Most of the time PunishDraw is icing on the cake as most people don't hit the head often but once you get the hang of it it is definitely useful. This guy's armor is very similar to mine, I believe he's running S+1/Readiness/CritDraw/Evade +1 at the very least.
Azure_Kite
Just got my first Purple sharpness weapon ever :3

The highest I ever went previously was white, soloing MH3U.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I would get Sharpness +1, but weapons with Blue or higher tend to lose Sharpness fast unless you have the skill that slows it down... Or you have Seregios's weapon.
Azure_Kite

Blazevoir wrote:

I would get Sharpness +1, but weapons with Blue or higher tend to lose Sharpness fast unless you have the skill that slows it down... Or you have Seregios's weapon.
Lol, like I'd say "Yay I have Seregios Purple" like it's any signficant accomplishment :U
Nerscylla's IG tree lets you complete it at G2; it needs Shrouded Nerscylla and Brute Tigrex parts :3
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
(Not really needing spoiler tags for this.)

Kinda relevant to what you posted: a lot of weapons don't even have Rare 10 as a final; it wouldn't surprise me if you can finish one at G1, lol.
Azure_Kite
Possibly; You can play G2 quests as a G1 member, so at the very least you could circumvent it with friends.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Not what I meant, but that's also a possiblity.
PyaKura

Blazevoir wrote:

Depends. Most end-game weapons requires S+1 and have a good amount of Purple sharpness (which is basically what anyone wants to go for bar Gunners and some GL users). It also depends on your weapon class. For GS it doesn't matter much if you have lots of sharpness or not. For SnS/DS/Glaive however, it's pretty much required along with Razor Sharp.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Serious question here: can Low or High Rank armor be just as good as G Rank if you kept using Armor Stones, or do all of them have differnt max limits? I'm asking because I really can't stand the designs of some G Rank armor compared to their lower-ranked counterparts (some of which use older designs from past games).

Regardless of the answer, I know I'd be missing out on certain Skills, but there are some I'm willing to sacrifice.
Ciunek
I think the limits are different, but honestly I'm not 100% sure and I haven't tested that.
Azure_Kite
Armor stones can bring gear into viability for G rank defense-wise (Rank 15 Zinogre S user here, because wolf ears are so cute!), although the low/high rank armors still miss out on 10-18 armor per piece at their maximum rank. That's 50-90 armor less than G rank gear, cumulatively, without mixing and matching with other gear.
show more