forum

Monster Hunter series - help, showcases, & more!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Ciunek
So... turns out there's one more Egg Delivery Quest at 10*, and it unlocks Fatty urgent
Easy as hell though, both of those.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Whoops, forgot to post about this: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/03/monster_hunter_4_ultimate_free_dlc_including_link_equipment_due_6th_march

Also, playing with randoms is a very bad idea when you're trying to do your Urgent ._.
Ciunek
God, randoms in this game are just...
Joined in for some random HR4 Urgent room (Pink Ian), helped them, nobody carted and I got a ruby out of carves. Next one posts his, people triplecart from ONE fireball blast, what the hell. I reached HR6 with friends, I think I'm just going to idle on #videogames if anything if you ever want to try few rounds with me. Maining GS and learning Hammer, not that great with either but at least not random tier.

---
Also I just checked the info in OP post. Charm tables are now reset everytime you load up the game from main menu, you're not locked at chara creation like in 3U (thank god). I still didn't get any good, I want to get to G-rank so I can actually farm those ;_;

People on 4chan's /mhg/ were posting few sets and methods for charm farming
SPOILER
1) Charm God, Gathering+1
>2 Slot weapon (2 Gathering gems)
>Torso up
>3 slot torso (3 Charmer gems)
>Derring Vambraces S (1 Gathering gem)
>Torso Up
>Torso Up
>+8 Charmer talisman

2)Set:
3 slot weapon
Skull Visage (or anything with Torso Up)
Chakra Necklace (or anything with 3 slots)
Leather Vambraces S
Lagiacrus Faulds X (or anything with 3 slots)
Tetsucabra Greaves X (or anything with Torso Up)
Charmer +7 2-slot charm

Gathering Jewel x6
Charmer Jewel x5 (enjoy farming the Rath Gleams by the way)

Gathering God
Charm Chaser

Charm Chaser being so hard to get due to needing charm and farming those silver/gold faggots, you can instead go for Iron Belt and Speed Gathering if you want.

Now for the quest:
>Eat Drink + Fish for Felyne Explorer
>Pick 10* Caravan Quest titled Puffer Fish
>Start quest, mine and gather everything in the secret area
>Jump down and climb to Area 3
>Kill the 3 Zamites
>Go up the hill and mine whatever's there
>By the time you're done mining them, 2 more Zamites spawned, kill them
>End via subquest
>Repeat
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Ah, yeah... I remember reading about the Charm Tables thing but forgot to post about it. Anyway, added to OP.

(I'm getting really forgetful lately... :o)
Ciunek
Solo'd through HR7 Urgents yesterday (if you can count bringing cats as solo, I don't feel too safe without them at elder dragons yet)... Dalamahurrdurr took only about forever to kill, but holy crap I actually made it, the fight isn't even that hard, but it will kill people without proper armors. And then after that it's Ukanlos, but I knew how to fight him so that was way easier.
Azure_Kite
I just reached HR5 myself; I'm still using a Green-sharpness IG. Once I can get Gore Magala's parts I'll be able to upgrade again.

I've also been considering using a Seregios bow, because ranged Seregios mechanics look somewhat useful.
Ciunek
Whoever is All Terrain Venomoth, highlight me on #videogames if you ever join my Hall again, I was in middle of doing Dalamandur with a friend and saw you enter.
Critical Dude
Does anyone else feel that the two new weapons: Charge Blade and Insect Glaive are a little op when you get used to them?

I'm pretty sure that I made Dalam and Akantor cry
Azure_Kite
I'd say so, yes.

Hunters, try to dismiss a Palico that you don't use. The little cutscene made me double think my actions :<
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I usually tend to dismiss them immediately after completing a quest, so I've never seen it. I have a feeling I'll regret it, though...

Also, I saw you on earlier and tried to join, but your room was full =c
Azure_Kite
Ah, sorry D:

I was online for a little bit to try and get some HR Magala parts and went offline pretty much straight afterwards. I wanted to get blue sharpness on my Magala IG, as I was starting to fall off in damage on the Caravan hunts. If you're online at any point I'll try and join in :3
Ciunek

Critical Dude wrote:

Does anyone else feel that the two new weapons: Charge Blade and Insect Glaive are a little op when you get used to them? I'm pretty sure that I made Dalam and Akantor cry
\
Charge Blade is probably one of the strongest if not the strongest now, with those crazy bursts.

Azure_Kite wrote:

Hunters, try to dismiss a Palico that you don't use. The little cutscene made me double think my actions :<
Is it still the same one as in previous games? I ended up never dismissing any, I felt way too bad about it ;_;

----
Edit: DLCs are up, go to your house and talk to Housekeeper Palico.
Azure_Kite

Ciunek wrote:

Is it still the same one as in previous games? I ended up never dismissing any, I felt way too bad about it ;_;
Same theme, but different execution. It does that whole fade to black and spotlight thing, but the reactions for the felynes in both decisions (release or keep) is hilarious.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

Ah, sorry D:

I was online for a little bit to try and get some HR Magala parts and went offline pretty much straight afterwards. I wanted to get blue sharpness on my Magala IG, as I was starting to fall off in damage on the Caravan hunts. If you're online at any point I'll try and join in :3
I'm still (at the moment) HR5 and desperately wanting to reach HR6 so I can farm certain monsters more easily, so I guess if you're up for helping me with that, then... yeah :P

Anyway, LINK DLC IS OUT, GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO! (Be warned that it's a 7 Star Quest (equivalent to G Rank) even despite the minimal requirement being HR4.)
Azure_Kite
Probably a little late to the party, but I just unlocked Wystones, so yay.

EDIT: Suck a giant ripe bag of frenzied Palico droppings, Frenzied Brachydios.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Wait, whaaaaaaat... I already fought frenzied Brachydios but don't have Wystones yet...
Azure_Kite
Huh? You must do, or at least be able to equip one! Go to Dundorma and talk to the lady at the Wyceum. You get the ability to equip them after fighting the Caravan Stygian Zinogre mission.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

You get the ability to equip them after fighting the Caravan Stygian Zinogre mission.
...That's probably why I don't have those yet, lol.
Azure_Kite
I found Brute Tigrex harder than Stygian, which comes right after Tigrex :<

Maybe it's because I played a lot of Portable 3rd or something, but Tigrex is always much more of a PITA for me, lol. Brachydios' moveset just frustrates the heck out of me too, although I guess with more practice I could be less bad against it.
Ciunek
Rex family was usually one of easiest for me with greatsword. Molten Rex however... dear god that thing is like a illegitimate child of Tigrex and Teostra. If there's something I've always hated, it's Rath family, and they got buffed this gen too :(
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I honestly didn't have a problem with how they changed Brachy. But since this is my first time seeing Tigrex... well... let's just say I'm not looking forward to its subspecies...
Azure_Kite
I do find it interesting how everyone has their own "problematic" monsters; it just goes to show how diverse the game is and how it caters to multiple playstyles in different ways.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Finally did the "Dissmiss Palico" thingy outside of a quest...

At first I was all ;~;
Then I went o.0
Finally I went ;~;

Y U DO DIS, GAEM?!
Azure_Kite
Did you Dismiss and then select "No"?

That one is much more lighthearted, lol.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I chose "Yes" because I had to make room for the Bonus Palico...
Ciunek
You could avoid it in previous games by talking to NPCs managing your felynes, and here you're just forced to watch that heartbreak of a cutscene... screw you, capcom.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Saw the "No" scene... CAPCOM, STOP MESSING WITH ME DX

EDIT: G Rank get!
Azure_Kite
Congratulations! I've been steadily playing my way through the Caravan Quests, up to the Najarala Cowardly Palico quest at the moment.

I just broke HR6, so I still have a little way to go before I reach G. I tried to join your game the other day too, but you were in-game and I didn't think to check the board to see how close to finishing you were :<
Hitorikko
I'm playing MH3rdP on PSP :3
Azure_Kite

Hitorikko wrote:

I'm playing MH3rdP on PSP :3
To be honest, I feel as though MHP3rd was the best MH3 experience, but that's mainly because I played at least 600 hours of it. Also, no swimming, which was nice.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Ugh... I really wanna play with you, Kite =c The HR7 Urgent is a somewhat decent fight, too.

SPOILER
Just a note for Guild:

- Low is HR 1-3
- High is 3-7
- G is 8+ AND at a different location

For Caravan, it's pretty lengthy now compared to MH3U:

- Low is 1-5
- High is 6-10
Azure_Kite
From what I understand, Caravan Quests 1-6 were all of the offline quests contained within Monster Hunter 4. 7 through 10 follow the extended story linking Dundorma with the Caravaneers.

I've been messing around with the bows again recently; made myself a nice Nargacuga Evasion +3 set (Because I'm testing things and such a skrub). I go to the Gathering Hall for the 6* quests and I think "eeeeeeh", although thankfully I don't have to do the Advanced quests. I might do some of them over the weekend and chip away at the Caravan Quests. :3
Ciunek
I got DESTROYED trying to solo *6 GH Quest on Arena without cheesing it (Dual Frenzy Jin)... I think I got them near death but damn, they cooperate too well.
Azure_Kite
Reached HR7, tried to fight Teostra with Nerscylla S blademaster gear.

I need more suitable armour.
Ciunek
Trying to solo HR7 with High Rank gear is pushing it to the limit already, lots of potions involved if you can't dodge properly. Game literally throws the most annoying crap at you, Metal Raths + Elders. With two people it's at least not suffering, with three it's pretty trivial.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
The "metal" Raths aren't even Key Quests, though I'll admit they have some decent armor.

Throughout like 95% of HR4-7 I've been using Ioprey/Iodrome's armor to get me by... Then the final Urgent-before-G-Rank Quest shows up. Granted, I could've just dodged/defended my way through the fight, still... I ended up getting S.Zinogre's armor and weapon (the monster in question is primarily weak against Dragon). The rest is now history :P
Azure_Kite

Ciunek wrote:

Trying to solo HR7 with High Rank gear is pushing it to the limit already, lots of potions involved if you can't dodge properly. Game literally throws the most annoying crap at you, Metal Raths + Elders. With two people it's at least not suffering, with three it's pretty trivial.
To be honest, in most cases I don't have too much issue dodging attacks; There are a few monsters that I have issues with (Brachydios, looking at you), but other than that, I'm fine. I hunted the Gathering Hall Silver Rathalos solo using a combination of IG polevaults and supermans :3

Now that I am reaching Elder dragons though, I'm thinking I might farm me some better gear. S. Zin gear sounds nice; I could gem in Sharpener and gem out the Rec Speed debuff, and get a boost to dodging and dragon damage which my IG makes use of.

Ended up playing a game with people ready for Dalamadur; Ended up having our gunner carted twice and ragequitting, and a Lancer that got careless being our third and final cart. We lasted a good 10-15 minutes after the gunner left though, so I felt like we did a solid effort; I'd say was very close to death. But you know.
Ciunek
Dalamadur took me bit over 30+ minutes solo, which is probably bit too long considering I main GS (I used upgraded Steve GS for that fight).. You can tell he's close to death when he stops switching positions. I carted on that fight as well, thanks to meteor RNG, those things love to aim at unexpected spots. Beam is literally Superman tutorial, no idea how people cart to that.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Ciunek wrote:

You can tell he's close to death when he stops switching positions.
The only thing I noticed about him is that he destroys a part of the area after a certain point.
show more