forum

Monster Hunter series - help, showcases, & more!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

Mega Dash Juices and Evasion +2 helps a lot. As soon as he leaps into the air to do his tail slam, prepare to dodge INTO the tail.

Dem i-Frames :p
Pfft... I don't need no Evasion =| *Gunlance mode*

In all seriousness though, having the Nargacuga set (or any (custom) set with Evade Distance & Evasion +2) with weapons that allow you to roll with it out is such a blessing, particularly on this fight.
Azure_Kite
I know right? I am starting to experiment with some more weapon types now that I've cleared through HR8.

Bows are fun
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh... I'd REALLY love Bows if they had something like an aiming scope similar to LBG's/HBG's... I can't stand how you aim with them as they are...
Critical Dude
It also takes really long to kill a high rank or G-rank boss enemy with bow (mainly when you play solo). The only weapons that I like (because they're easier to master) are the LS, GS, S&S, SA and the LBG. I don't like weapons that decrease the speed of your movements and make you walk (with the exception of GS obviously). The only time that I used a HBG was when I would take on the Gravios in MHFU.
I'm upset that I'll never get to try the Tonfas from MHFrontier: Generation.
Azure_Kite
Yeah, I'm mainly using the Bow to mess around with solo, since that's all I can do here with a 3DS and no MH players nearby.

Being able to deal damage from afar has it's advantages, mainly in not taking damage at all. I'm currently in the process of making myself sets of Gigginox and Nargacuga Gunner Armour. I've been able to clear that G rank 3 Gigginox quest in about 15 minutes with an upgraded Dios Bow, but that's mostly due to their reduced HP pool and less time to build up Slime resistance. After my armour sets, I'm going on a general weapon crafting spree for further experimentation. :D
Critical Dude
Oh lol:
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I just wonder if all the superstitions involving it will end up being actual Skills, looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.
Azure_Kite
That's one porker of a weapon!

Oh boy.

Critical Dude

Azure_Kite wrote:

That's one porker of a weapon!
Lol

Azure_Kite wrote:

Oh boy.

I can't wait to "solo kill" that beast, or rage quit. Are its thunder attacks stronger than its physical attacks.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Here's the funny thing: I actually have that LBG but never used it against A.Lagi yet. Another funny thing: I've seen another LBG user use the same weapon but never figured out what shot they were using (it looked like Normal/Pierce 2 being rapid-fired, but that LBG didn't allow those to be... well... rapid-fired). Now I know /o/
Critical Dude
All-tree-on is kill ;_; (Actually, it makes me abandon the quest a lot)
I need a good "Great Sword" or a good "Sword and Shield" with a Dragon Element.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I like how the female armor looks for it. Too bad the set is hardly used. Still, I need to kill one to unlock the Hallowed Jhen Mohran quest.
Critical Dude
So I took on the All-tree-on again with the high rank Rath Soul armour, I got the tail but in the end I still got owned. ;_;

EDIT: Finally managed to defeat it, time for round two!
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Added two videos to the OP
MH4U Trailer from July 11, 2014's Nintendo Direct (JP)

Mario & Link stuff in MH4U

By the way, should this thread continue to be used when MH4U comes out for the rest of us, or should I start a new one?
Critical Dude
May as well keep this thread open to MH4U discussions and more, after all it is called a "General Monster Hunter" thread so I'm guessing that you can talk about pretty much anything related to the Monster Hunter series.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Critical Dude wrote:

May as well keep this thread open to MH4U discussions and more, after all it is called a "General Monster Hunter" thread so I'm guessing that you can talk about pretty much anything related to the Monster Hunter series.
Was just curious, because I thought there'd be some people who'd want a separate thread since spoilers and stuff, but I guess we could just use [spoilerbox] for that.

(Herp... I forgot to add the video you linked before to the OP.)
Critical Dude
In one of the videos you posted it looks like they finally updated the graphics for MH4U :]
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Eh... looks the same from MH3U, honestly. Just my opinion, though.
Critical Dude

Blazevoir wrote:

Eh... looks the same from MH3U, honestly. Just my opinion, though.
Which is why I am happy, if you look at the old videos of MH4 for Japan, you'll see how the graphics quality was lowered to help improve the gameplay (mainly the game physics). But it looks like the updated MH4 (MH4G and MH4U) will have better graphics.
If this message comes up with some weird symbols then blame my 3ds.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
There were articles saying that they had to delay the game to meet fan expectations or something, so yeah.
Azure_Kite
With more time comes in-depth optimization. It's a great thing they have it running smoothly enough to support MH3U quality again \:D/
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
If, by smoothly enough, you mean MH3U 3DS' framerate, then I'll be happy.
Critical Dude

Blazevoir wrote:

If, by smoothly enough, you mean MH3U 3DS' framerate, then I'll be happy.
The framerate for the 3ds is often smooth, there are rare cases where there is some lag especially with the 3d turned on when fighting a high rank Brachydios or a Ratholos.
I'm more worried about what the framerate will be like when playing online because I don't want to experience lag when fighting a Savage Deviljho.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Critical Dude wrote:

I'm more worried about what the framerate will be like when playing online because I don't want to experience lag when fighting a Savage Deviljho.
Ha... hahahahaha... ha...

...I've yet to fight that ._.
Critical Dude

Blazevoir wrote:

...I've yet to fight that ._.
Same and it's the only monster that I'm not looking forward to fighting against

EDIT: I tried to take on the Dire Alice (downloaded version) but I ran out of time ;_;
Critical Dude
A double post is needed:

Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Updated the OP.

I doubt I'll be using any of the weapons from the weapon design contests, but it's awesome to see that community-made stuff can make it into the game =o
Critical Dude
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
They need to make a Monster Hunter animé ._.
Furasaki
Played most of them except 3ds vers. (im getting one soon so yay.) and MH1
NotEvenDoomMusic
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Ugh... that seriously just needs to come out in other parts of the world already... It'd save the hassle of people getting the consoles they don't have/want ._. (Granted, you'd still need a decent computer, still...)
Azure_Kite
Yeah, all these darn Asia only games for awesome series annoy me :<

Especially if/when they go a VERY long way to ensure that people from other regions cannot play. Frontier checks to make sure your IP is in Japan and your system clock is within the Japanese timezone, for darn sake.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I know this would probably be cruel, but after reading a certain news article, it'd be interesting seeing a crossover with Pokémon.
Azure_Kite
Oh, wouldn't it.

If only.

Although that Mewtwo one looks more like a Fatal Frame moment than a Pokemon Hunter one :P
SuidCid
Haha Monster Hunter is my favorite series of games ever ^^
played MH3, MH3U and MHFU2 around 1200+ hours
I can basically use any weapon type exept lances. They suck. In 3U I completed every singlel village quests and alsmost all online quests xD

Sadly I can only play on weekends >< but I hope I can join in sometime

has the upcoming Monster Hunter Online already been discussed?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

SuidCid wrote:

has the upcoming Monster Hunter Online already been discussed?
It has to some extent. It was basically just us wanting it to be released overseas, though.

Meanwhile, some interesting articles about MH4U:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/09/sonic_themed_felyne_drag_races_into_monster_hunter_4_ultimate
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/09/work_on_your_taiko_drumming_skills_while_beating_creatures_in_monster_hunter_4_ultimate
Azure_Kite
While FUCK YES, TAIKO REFERENCES!!!!

I feel like pretty much anyone in the west will see it and say "I have no idea what that is."

And reminding me of that makes me sad :'(
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Eh... That's the west for ya, lol.

EDIT: Jeez... now Animal Crossing? what else are they gonna add for MH4U?

EDIT 2: Tokyo Game Show 2014 trailer:

EDIT 3: I'm pretty sure some/most of you heard about the new 3DS models coming out later, right? Well! They'll be getting MH4U plates for the standard model, and we'll also be able to download a custom HOME Menu theme (all 3DS/2DS models) as well.

Of course, there's still the new3DS XL MH4U edition bundle that will (hopefully) come out overseas.
Azure_Kite
So...

This is a thing.
show more