forum

Monster Hunter series - help, showcases, & more!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Critical Dude
Oh sorry I misunderstood, thanks.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
So I know I made an exaggerated example not too long ago, BUT! I ended up having that case last night. Specifically, I needed just ONE Rathalos Plate... THE GAME ENDS UP GIVING ME 3 RATHALOS RUBIES INSTEAD, AND THIS WAS FROM JUST ONE HUNT, ASLD;FKJASD;LFKJASDL;FKJALS;FKJ;LASFKJ

FREAKIN' DESIRE SENSOR, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Azure_Kite
I'm rounding out my set of Elemental Switch Axes at the moment, and I feel your pain. Zinogre Jasper D:
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Something tells me I'll need to hunt Zin-chan--I mean--Zinogre again... (Yes, I love Zinogre >.> <.< Most fave boss <3)
Azure_Kite
Yeah, Zinogre was my favourite boss in MHP3rd, too. <3
Critical Dude
I often die fighting when I fight with Zin-chan :/
Even though I fight much harder monsters on a higher rank the Zinogre still makes me faint and I took down a Deviljho with little health left on a higher rank...
EDIT: I should note that I mainly die when it goes into its final rage state and starts chaining attacks.
Also the Azure Rathalos was a piece of nulberry, too easy compared to MHFU's A.Rath :/
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Honestly, when it starts chaining attacks it's pretty predictable and easy to avoid unless you're like... right at it. Above all, do NOT dive out of the way; just run. You can roll out of the way, but depending on how close you are you might get hit.
Azure_Kite
As an SA user, it's actually easier for me to attack it while it's charging for about 5 seconds, then dodge twice out of the way.

A lot of it's moves are very telegraphed, especially it's tail-spin and backflop attacks, which are avoided easiest by dodging towards the Zin in most cases. It's arm pounds are avoided in much the same way. If you land under it's chest, you take no damage, and since it overcompensates it's lunge towards you, by dodging forwards it will reliably miss you and bring you right into attacking range.

Evasion as a skill is also awesome. Then again, it's like, one of the best skills anyway \:D/

It lets you dodge roars, avoid attacks and keep up the pain with ease.
Critical Dude

Blazevoir wrote:

Honestly, when it starts chaining attacks it's pretty predictable and easy to avoid unless you're like... right at it. Above all, do NOT dive out of the way; just run. You can roll out of the way, but depending on how close you are you might get hit.
To be honest it is really easy to avoid by dodging however there are times where I make a certain slip up and boom! I'm on the floor trying to get back up, what's worse is when you think it has finished trying to attack you and should go and attack one of your shakalakas only to be crushed by its "back-land" (only in rage mode).
Right now I'm after its armour :P
Azure_Kite

Critical Dude wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

To be honest it is really easy to avoid by dodging however there are times where I make a certain slip up and boom! I'm on the floor trying to get back up, what's worse is when you think it has finished trying to attack you and should go and attack one of your shakalakas only to be crushed by its "back-land" (only in rage mode).
Right now I'm after its armour :P
It's backflip is pretty telegraphed as well. He'll do a 270 degree spin away from you then leap into the air. Still quite obvious to see. With more experience fighting him you'll know what move he'll make when :>
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Its subspecies (Stygian Zinogre) is basically the same, just that a few things were changed:

- Its elemental attack is Dragon while having a weakness to Lightning/Thunder (whatever you want to call it).
- It can charge up to rage mode even just walking (you'll see red lightning being summoned around it as well).
- The orbs now stay in place first then attempt to home in on you.

(Also, I consider both Zinogre and Stygian Zinogre female. Don't ask why; I just do.)
Azure_Kite
Yeah, Stygian is almost as easy as Zinogre Standard.
gift1992
Are poeple still playing here? well i still haven't finished a few key quests on HR7.
Azure_Kite
Yeah, I've got to kill Lagiacrus and Ivory Lagiacrus before I face off against HR8 Urgent.

Ah well \:D/
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I'm still playing as well. I'm just trying to get a Dragon elemental Gunlance at the moment, but I can help with your quests, gift.

EDIT: Can I PLEASE stop getting Rathalos Rubies -_- I just need one Plate T_T
Azure_Kite
I hate Lagiacrus.

Ivory Lagiacrus is okay, but fuck you, Lagiacrus. Water fights are a PITA.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

I hate Lagiacrus.

Ivory Lagiacrus is okay, but fuck you, Lagiacrus. Water fights are a PITA.
Heh... Just wait till you fight the final subspecies...
Azure_Kite
I know. Abyssal sounds like not my cup of tea.
Critical Dude

Blazevoir wrote:

Heh... Just wait till you fight the final subspecies...

Azure_Kite wrote:

I know. Abyssal sounds like not my cup of tea.
Is it really that hard? *Checks YouTube*
EDIT: Oh...
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
It's only hard if you fight it fairly *cough*. No, I don't do that one glitch, because that makes the fight really boring.

In other news, this.

EDIT: Updated the OP to include a MH4U section (not including links that involve guides/help/etc.).
Azure_Kite
That sounds pretty cool, having the Forest randomly determined from a set of tiles.

My wallet is ready, as soon as it is available :D
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Farming Gold Rathian now... HOW MANY RUBIES AM I GONNA GET BEFORE I GET A FRIGGIN' MANTLE, ADLSFKJAS;LFJ;LASDFJ;LASKJ
Azure_Kite
Up to the Dire Miralis Urgent now. Damn it's hard to fight alone.

I ended out timing out instead of carting like I thought I would :<
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY wish I could fight that with you. It's one of my most fave fights in the game =c
[_TetsuyaKuro_]
played monster hunter freedom 2 really fun~~<3 monster I love to kill >>> Kashala Daora , Tigrex , Lao shan lung and forgotten more awesome monster I killed :P
Azure_Kite
Been farming materials to make a Giga Galefrost because of it's 25% Affinity and 280 Ice damage. Killed my first G Rank Glacial Agnaktor and didn't save because I was still playing and didn't wanna deal with the 2 minute savetime.

During the night the 3DS Battery dies and I don't have a Giga Galefrost anymore :<

I suppose it could have been worse though.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Just as long as it didn't involve getting a really rare material... lol.
Critical Dude
Does anyone else find this game easier to play than MHFU? Making it to G-rank in this game felt too easy :/ Every single monster is getting raped by my switch axe
And I've been solo throughout both games.
Azure_Kite
Yeah, a lot of the gameplay enhancements since MHFU have made it simpler and easier overall.

MHP3rd was harder than 3U. I miss Yukumo Village :<

In other news, I beat Dire Miralis the other day, so yay! Jumped to HR 46, so I could pretty much instantly go farm for Mizar's Asterism. Lucent Nargacuga is such joy :D
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Lucent Nargacuga's eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil. Dem poison darts, yo...
Azure_Kite
Mega Dash Juices and Evasion +2 helps a lot. As soon as he leaps into the air to do his tail slam, prepare to dodge INTO the tail.

Dem i-Frames :p
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

Mega Dash Juices and Evasion +2 helps a lot. As soon as he leaps into the air to do his tail slam, prepare to dodge INTO the tail.

Dem i-Frames :p
Pfft... I don't need no Evasion =| *Gunlance mode*

In all seriousness though, having the Nargacuga set (or any (custom) set with Evade Distance & Evasion +2) with weapons that allow you to roll with it out is such a blessing, particularly on this fight.
Azure_Kite
I know right? I am starting to experiment with some more weapon types now that I've cleared through HR8.

Bows are fun
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh... I'd REALLY love Bows if they had something like an aiming scope similar to LBG's/HBG's... I can't stand how you aim with them as they are...
Critical Dude
It also takes really long to kill a high rank or G-rank boss enemy with bow (mainly when you play solo). The only weapons that I like (because they're easier to master) are the LS, GS, S&S, SA and the LBG. I don't like weapons that decrease the speed of your movements and make you walk (with the exception of GS obviously). The only time that I used a HBG was when I would take on the Gravios in MHFU.
I'm upset that I'll never get to try the Tonfas from MHFrontier: Generation.
Azure_Kite
Yeah, I'm mainly using the Bow to mess around with solo, since that's all I can do here with a 3DS and no MH players nearby.

Being able to deal damage from afar has it's advantages, mainly in not taking damage at all. I'm currently in the process of making myself sets of Gigginox and Nargacuga Gunner Armour. I've been able to clear that G rank 3 Gigginox quest in about 15 minutes with an upgraded Dios Bow, but that's mostly due to their reduced HP pool and less time to build up Slime resistance. After my armour sets, I'm going on a general weapon crafting spree for further experimentation. :D
Critical Dude
Oh lol:
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I just wonder if all the superstitions involving it will end up being actual Skills, looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.
Azure_Kite
That's one porker of a weapon!

Oh boy.

Critical Dude

Azure_Kite wrote:

That's one porker of a weapon!
Lol

Azure_Kite wrote:

Oh boy.

I can't wait to "solo kill" that beast, or rage quit. Are its thunder attacks stronger than its physical attacks.
show more