forum

Monster Hunter series - help, showcases, & more!

posted
Total Posts
show more
NotEvenDoomMusic

Blazevoir wrote:

New MH4U trailer from this year's E3:

That's a very nice trailer.

I actually am playing MH3U for the past few weeks non-stop and can't get enough from farming charms right now.
I think i've spoilered myself with some gameplay stuff but all in all MH4U looks really solid and i'm looking forward to play it with maybe some people here.

Too sad it won't be compatible with MH4G in terms of online multiplayer so we won't be able to play with japanese people and they're also isolated in their island.
Azure_Kite
Yeah, funnily enough I've been getting back into MH3U too. Gotten myself up to the Urgent HR6 quest, taking out two Brachy in the Tundra. I just have to get me a decent Water SwitchAxe before rushing into that :P
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Ugh... That quest was a nightmare for me the first three attempts... (Pretty sure I posted how bad I did before, too.)
Azure_Kite
I just completed it with 1 cart and 16:22 left on the clock. I was expecting it to be a tougher fight, but I think I overspec'd.

I took full Volvidon X, with the Inceadeus SA. A couple of Shock traps's worth of materials and some Mega Dash drinks. Those things are awesome for the Tundra, serving as essentially a hot drink with infinite stamina :P
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Hmm... I'll keep that in mind.

EDIT: They JUST finished showing MH4U footage. Waiting on a video for those who missed it.
Kurogamii
gotta change from 3DS to 3DS XL :>
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Here's the footage:

Azure_Kite
Double Brachys are no problem, but damned if I can beat that darn HR7 Diablos. He's just too large and his attacks extend from in front and behind with his tail at the same time D:
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
And this is why I'm glad I'm a LBG user :P
Azure_Kite
Sonic Bombs are beast. I brought some with me last time but he rarely dug around. This time, Diablos was digging like crazy, giving me free pitfalls for a lot of the battle.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
They seem to hate it when they're in rage mode; unless I'm just timing it wrong or something, you get attacked instead where the bomb was thrown at.
Azure_Kite
Yeah. Sonic Bombs only work well when not raging. You use Flash Bombs on them while raging so that they can't aim at you as well. Let them calm down, then rinse repeat with the sonic bombs :3
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I'm too lazy to make both of those, though. I just usually wait till either I get them from the Supply Box or from Felynes(?)/Melynxs(?), lol.
Critical Dude

Blazevoir wrote:

They seem to hate it when they're in rage mode; unless I'm just timing it wrong or something, you get attacked instead where the bomb was thrown at.
That just happened to me a couple hours ago when I unlocked HR5 and did a quest where I had to take down a Sand Barioth and a Black Diablos, luckily it wasn't really hard (then again it's only HR5).
Also whenever I try to block the Diablos' tail swings I end up taking the hit, are those moves supposed to be unblockable because I can't remember much from MHFU.
Azure_Kite
Hahah. I sometimes just kill Jaggis for fun, so screamers aren't an issue for me.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Critical Dude wrote:

Also whenever I try to block the Diablos' tail swings I end up taking the hit, are those moves supposed to be unblockable because I can't remember much from MHFU.
I guess it depends on where you're standing, but then again I can't really recall my (Black) Diablos fights.
Critical Dude
Another thing, I'm really struggling trying to get the Rathian Ruby and Zinogre Ruby. Am I supposed to break all of their breakable parts and then capture them?
NotEvenDoomMusic

Critical Dude wrote:

Another thing, I'm really struggling trying to get the Rathian Ruby and Zinogre Ruby. Am I supposed to break all of their breakable parts and then capture them?
It's RNG.
The drop rate on Rathian Ruby and Zinogre Jasper is lower than 8%.
It's pure luck if you'll carve or even get them as a quest reward, i was really lucky when i got my first Rathian Ruby from the Village Quest (and according to sources it's only 2% to get it as a quest reward)

Also killing and carving will give you a higher chance from carving in terms of likeliness, rather than from capturing the monster, speaking out for both Rathian and Zinogre.

If you're still looking how to obtain Rathian Ruby's, i would actually highly recommend grinding the "Herd Mentality" Village Quest as it'll only require you to defeat a G. Jaggi and P. Rathian (and since you'd be already having superior equipment than you had in V6, the quest won't take longer than a few minutes).
Make sure you cut the tail off & carve it, destroy it's horns and keep picking up shiny drops from the P. Rathian as they all have a chance on holding a Rathian Ruby and ofc having the 2% chance of getting the ruby after the quest ends.

EDIT: I'm actually asking myself if they're going to include the event equipment that were sadly JP. exclusive in MH3U, now (maybe) finally in MH4U for the western release.
Since MH4/G got lot of very cool themed armor sets and weapons, like Links Armor and his Master Sword + Hylian Shield (SNS), some anime equipment like a few from One Piece and even Baki the Grappler.
Critical Dude

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Critical Dude wrote:

It's RNG.
The drop rate on Rathian Ruby and Zinogre Jasper is lower than 8%.
It's pure luck if you'll carve or even get them as a quest reward, i was really lucky when i got my first Rathian Ruby from the Village Quest (and according to sources it's only 2% to get it as a quest reward)

Also killing and carving will give you a higher chance from carving in terms of likeliness, rather than from capturing the monster, speaking out for both Rathian and Zinogre.

If you're still looking how to obtain Rathian Ruby's, i would actually highly recommend grinding the "Herd Mentality" Village Quest as it'll only require you to defeat a G. Jaggi and P. Rathian (and since you'd be already having superior equipment than you had in V6, the quest won't take longer than a few minutes).
Make sure you cut the tail off & carve it, destroy it's horns and keep picking up shiny drops from the P. Rathian as they all have a chance on holding a Rathian Ruby and ofc having the 2% chance of getting the ruby after the quest ends.
Thank you, I will try that out.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
So about them "574092750 Mantles but not one single Medulla" cases... lol.

Of course that's just an exaggerated example, but ARGH! >< I HATE THOSE CASES!
Azure_Kite
The Desire Sensor is so totally broken.
Critical Dude
So I faced the Pink Rathian in Herd Mentality a few times and kept forgetting that I shouldn't capture (maybe I was high from smelling dung bombs).
Then I took down Mr.Brachy and captured it only to find out that I got its gem, is the Brachydios' gem not as rare as the Rathian's Ruby?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Brachydios Gem:
- High Rank: 2% from carving its body and tail as well as capturing it,1% from a shiny drop
- G Rank: 3% from carving its body and tail as well as capturing it, 2% from a shiny drop

Rathian Ruby:
- High Rank: 4% from carving her tail, capturing her, and wounding ("breaking") her head, 2% from a shiny drop
- G Rank: 6% from carving her tail, 5% from capturing her, 4% from wounding ("breaking") her head
Critical Dude

Blazevoir wrote:

Brachydios Gem:
- High Rank: 2% from carving its body and tail as well as capturing it,1% from a shiny drop
- G Rank: 3% from carving its body and tail as well as capturing it, 2% from a shiny drop

Rathian Ruby:
- High Rank: 4% from carving her tail, capturing her, and wounding ("breaking") her head, 2% from a shiny drop
- G Rank: 6% from carving her tail, 5% from capturing her, 4% from wounding ("breaking") her head
I usually try to break every breakable part on those two, with the Brachydios it's easy to tell when something is broken however with the Rathian I find it hard to tell if the claws on her wings are broken when she's moving about (maybe I need the 3ds XL).
That reminds me, I've been doing more guild quests than village quests. I haven't even faced the Brachydios and Ivory Lagiacrus in the village quests but I'm up to the Jhen Mohran part in both village and guild.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
For the whole Rath (sub)species, try looking at the wings to see if anything broke off. The head, however... I guess you'll just have to pay a lot of attention to that.

Anyway, by guild I'm assuming you mean port. Technically guild quests are done on both sides (or at the very least, the village side).
Critical Dude

Blazevoir wrote:

For the whole Rath (sub)species, try looking at the wings to see if anything broke off. The head, however... I guess you'll just have to pay a lot of attention to that.

Anyway, by guild I'm assuming you mean port. Technically guild quests are done on both sides (or at the very least, the village side).
Well the head is the easiest part to spot but the claws on the wings are kind of hard for me, unless it's dead then I can get a better close up. Usually you can see some parts break off (obviously applies to all boss/large monsters) when enough damage is done to them. But I can't tell if the Rathian's wings can have stuff broken off once or twice because whenever I fight against her it sometimes looks like I broke off something from her wings (you know the part where she flinches and bits come off her). And like I said before I'm trying to completely destroy all the parts on the P.Rath so that I can get that Ruby therefore I need to make sure that I really am hitting the right spots and destroying all of her breakable parts.

And yes I meant to say Port :P (I forgot the word for a while)
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I meant that the wings are what you break off, not necessarily the claws. When the wings get wounded/break, there will be holes.
Critical Dude
Oh sorry I misunderstood, thanks.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
So I know I made an exaggerated example not too long ago, BUT! I ended up having that case last night. Specifically, I needed just ONE Rathalos Plate... THE GAME ENDS UP GIVING ME 3 RATHALOS RUBIES INSTEAD, AND THIS WAS FROM JUST ONE HUNT, ASLD;FKJASD;LFKJASDL;FKJALS;FKJ;LASFKJ

FREAKIN' DESIRE SENSOR, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Azure_Kite
I'm rounding out my set of Elemental Switch Axes at the moment, and I feel your pain. Zinogre Jasper D:
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Something tells me I'll need to hunt Zin-chan--I mean--Zinogre again... (Yes, I love Zinogre >.> <.< Most fave boss <3)
Azure_Kite
Yeah, Zinogre was my favourite boss in MHP3rd, too. <3
Critical Dude
I often die fighting when I fight with Zin-chan :/
Even though I fight much harder monsters on a higher rank the Zinogre still makes me faint and I took down a Deviljho with little health left on a higher rank...
EDIT: I should note that I mainly die when it goes into its final rage state and starts chaining attacks.
Also the Azure Rathalos was a piece of nulberry, too easy compared to MHFU's A.Rath :/
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Honestly, when it starts chaining attacks it's pretty predictable and easy to avoid unless you're like... right at it. Above all, do NOT dive out of the way; just run. You can roll out of the way, but depending on how close you are you might get hit.
Azure_Kite
As an SA user, it's actually easier for me to attack it while it's charging for about 5 seconds, then dodge twice out of the way.

A lot of it's moves are very telegraphed, especially it's tail-spin and backflop attacks, which are avoided easiest by dodging towards the Zin in most cases. It's arm pounds are avoided in much the same way. If you land under it's chest, you take no damage, and since it overcompensates it's lunge towards you, by dodging forwards it will reliably miss you and bring you right into attacking range.

Evasion as a skill is also awesome. Then again, it's like, one of the best skills anyway \:D/

It lets you dodge roars, avoid attacks and keep up the pain with ease.
Critical Dude

Blazevoir wrote:

Honestly, when it starts chaining attacks it's pretty predictable and easy to avoid unless you're like... right at it. Above all, do NOT dive out of the way; just run. You can roll out of the way, but depending on how close you are you might get hit.
To be honest it is really easy to avoid by dodging however there are times where I make a certain slip up and boom! I'm on the floor trying to get back up, what's worse is when you think it has finished trying to attack you and should go and attack one of your shakalakas only to be crushed by its "back-land" (only in rage mode).
Right now I'm after its armour :P
Azure_Kite

Critical Dude wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

To be honest it is really easy to avoid by dodging however there are times where I make a certain slip up and boom! I'm on the floor trying to get back up, what's worse is when you think it has finished trying to attack you and should go and attack one of your shakalakas only to be crushed by its "back-land" (only in rage mode).
Right now I'm after its armour :P
It's backflip is pretty telegraphed as well. He'll do a 270 degree spin away from you then leap into the air. Still quite obvious to see. With more experience fighting him you'll know what move he'll make when :>
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Its subspecies (Stygian Zinogre) is basically the same, just that a few things were changed:

- Its elemental attack is Dragon while having a weakness to Lightning/Thunder (whatever you want to call it).
- It can charge up to rage mode even just walking (you'll see red lightning being summoned around it as well).
- The orbs now stay in place first then attempt to home in on you.

(Also, I consider both Zinogre and Stygian Zinogre female. Don't ask why; I just do.)
Azure_Kite
Yeah, Stygian is almost as easy as Zinogre Standard.
gift1992
Are poeple still playing here? well i still haven't finished a few key quests on HR7.
show more