forum

Monster Hunter series - help, showcases, & more!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I'm still trying to upgrade my current weapons (if possible) and get better armor, so it will take a while.
ztrot
I'm in solo heaven on the 3ds ver of mh3h I do plan to data tranfer to the wiiU ver when I buy my wiiU till then I'm rocking full pink rath gear and crimson peco gear, I mostly go long sword or twin sword.
FrzR
I have MHp3rd on my PSP. Been grinding the Amatsumagatsuchi for hours with the Silver Rath set and a Dragon element LS with 225 base damage. (Forgot the name ;w;)
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Been grinding Rathian and Pink Rathian for hours... Damn desire sensor >_>
Azure_Kite
I was hunting HR Uragaan for quite a while, myself.
Critical Dude
I want to ask you guys something: Should I get MH3U on the 3ds now or wait until 2015 for MH4 on the 3ds?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Get MH3U on Wii U :P *runs*

In all seriousness, MH4U won't come out for another full year or so, so I'm pretty sure you'll have time to play MH3U. I'd recommend getting the Circle Pad Pro (for 3DS/3DS XL) though, otherwise underwater battles will be a pain...

EDIT: G Rank equipment/upgrades will burn a hole in your wallet... *just recently learned this and is now trying to farm for money instead of materials*
EineKrone
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Not at all.

EDIT: Don't you just love it when you're trying to capture a monster but a smaller one interferes? -_- AND THE TRAP ENDS UP DISAPPEARING BEFORE YOU GET THE CHANCE TO TRANQ DX
EineKrone

Stahp hitting me ._.
Fun time today.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Triple charging monsters are the BEST! /sarcasm
Critical Dude

Blazevoir wrote:

Get MH3U on Wii U :P *runs*

In all seriousness, MH4U won't come out for another full year or so, so I'm pretty sure you'll have time to play MH3U. I'd recommend getting the Circle Pad Pro (for 3DS/3DS XL) though, otherwise underwater battles will be a pain...

EDIT: G Rank equipment/upgrades will burn a hole in your wallet... *just recently learned this and is now trying to farm for money instead of materials*
Lol, I would get the Wii U if more interesting games come out for that console and I will get the Circle Pad Pro as I've played the demo where you have to fight against the Plesioth (it really was a pain). As for the G Rank equipment, I hope that I can make it to the G-Rank quests first.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Making it to G Rank isn't a problem if you can do all of the village (storyline) quests (granted, the monsters on the multiplayer port have more health and will do more damange). Of course, you can always ask people to help you :P
Azure_Kite
Solo the Tavern or GTFO scrub (kidding)

Higher HP is really the main hurdle in Online mode for Soloists.
EineKrone
I tell you, I'm not good enough to take Tigrex on guild alone(to pass to hr3/free rank5 quests). Besides the extra hp the area he runs too when low hp is tiny D:
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

POISON! POISON THEM ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

...Or, y'know, Slime them to death (when you get the opportunity) /o/
Critical Dude

Blazevoir wrote:

Making it to G Rank isn't a problem if you can do all of the village (storyline) quests (granted, the monsters on the multiplayer port have more health and will do more damange). Of course, you can always ask people to help you :P
Well I've always been doing quests alone because none of my friends had any of the Monster Hunter games on the PSP console (I never made it to G Rank in Monster Hunter Freedom) which is why I hoped for online play on the 3ds.

EineKrone wrote:

I tell you, I'm not good enough to take Tigrex on guild alone(to pass to hr3/free rank5 quests). Besides the extra hp the area he runs too when low hp is tiny D:
Wait until you meet two Tigrex and one has higher HP than the other.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Critical Dude wrote:

Well I've always been doing quests alone because none of my friends had any of the Monster Hunter games on the PSP console (I never made it to G Rank in Monster Hunter Freedom) which is why I hoped for online play on the 3ds.
It technically has it; it's just you need a Wii U to be able to, so...

Have fun waiting for MH4U along with the rest of us /o/
Balgon
i dont play it
EineKrone
PPSSPP guys. If you still have your psp/vita you can dump the game to the pc, then install hamachi/tunngle/evolve. profit.
Azure_Kite

Blazevoir wrote:

Azure_Kite wrote:

POISON! POISON THEM ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

...Or, y'know, Slime them to death (when you get the opportunity) /o/
You say this as though I have no idea what I'm doing, hahah.

Mega Demondrugs and Might seeds, Max and Ancient Potions, Mega Potions, XL Barrel Bombs and the Bombardier skill are my go to equipment for solo G rank play. At least until I can get to the next Sharpness level.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I didn't question your abilities, lol. What I said was partly a joke, anyway :P

Man, I wish I could play with you...

EDIT: About to be HR7. Just gotta do the Urgent Quest. Failed after catching the first Brachydios... TWICE... Cheap deaths suck...
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Double-posting since this deserves its own post:

Well... so much for an actual animé version of MonHan... Anyway, this IS an actual game coming out.
Ciunek
Damn, I feel bad for anyone who hunts with Houki in their team because LS.
Critical Dude

Blazevoir wrote:

Double-posting since this deserves its own post:

Well... so much for an actual animé version of MonHan... Anyway, this IS an actual game coming out.
Monster Hunter High School...
Anyway that looks pretty fun.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Tried doing the Urgent Quest again... Last 20 seconds and I was set up to catch the 2nd Brachydios... It ends up leaving the area after I lay a trap -_-
bank78952
I can't pass clashing fists quest It's harder quest
*I played on my friend 3ds (sorry for bad english)
EineKrone
Anyone here likes seafood? I have some crab meat here...

HR4, now the fun starts :D *laughs maniacally*
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
OMG, I'M FINALLY HR7 /cries tears of joy
Critical Dude

Blazevoir wrote:

OMG, I'M FINALLY HR7 /cries tears of joy

Good luck reaching G-rank!
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Thanks! Now to get my Zenny back that I spent on upgrades ;_;
Critical Dude
I'm probably not going to get the circle pad pro for this game, reasons:
- It's becoming pretty rare for it to be sold in stores
- The areas that it's sold in are pretty far away from my home and college
- I would get it from the internet if I wasn't so scared of people messing with my details and commiting fraud (may as well ask someone else to get it for me)
- I can handle the game (well the demo for now) without it unless there is a quest that consists of two Plesioths that you have to fight underwater then I'll ragequit :')
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Critical Dude wrote:

- I can handle the game (well the demo for now) without it unless there is a quest that consists of two Plesioths that you have to fight underwater then I'll ragequit :')
Unfortunately, those kind of quests exists:

- Two underwater bosses (not necesarily two Plesioth, but that DOES exist as a quest)
- Two bosses, one land boss and one underwater boss
- THREE of the same boss, some of which... well... you can probably guess where this is going.

EDIT: As much as I love using LBG's, cutting off some monsters' tails is a pain solo ._. (And I don't wanna switch to Bow/HBG...)
Critical Dude
I knew that those quests would make a comeback....
I've finally bought the game! I'm doing well so far without the circle pad pro but when it comes to the harder quests... welp!
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I suppose a tip that could PROBABLY help during underwater fights: target the monster then press L to swing the camera to them (if your Options are set that way).

EDIT: Just got my HR cap removed thanks to a Monster Hunter Skype group \o/
Critical Dude
I've quickly adapted to the controls (thanks to playing MHFU on my PSP) and the camera (which is really easy to handle even underwater).
Weird things that happened so far when playing this game:
- Took me half of the quest time to find herbivore eggs for the "Herbivore eggs" delivery quest.
- When I went to the official guild (not the village one) and chose a quest that would make me fight the Qurupeco (HR1 btw) a Rathian suddenly appeared out of nowhere, luckily I could use the 'Trolling Rathian's strength to my advantage by making it attack the Qurupeco instead of me. However it suddenly did this pinning move on me which I've never seen before and I thought I was supposed to press any button to get it off but then I thought about moving the left analog stick in circles (which was the right thing to do) but I was too late. That Rathian ended up appearing in most of the zones where the Qurupeco was ;_;
Azure_Kite
The Qurupeco's call is dangerous, so when it's calling it's best to try and stun it, if you can. This prevents a Rathian or later on, a Deviljho from spawning.

They generally make the fights harder to win in, than help at all. I'd recommend bringing Dung bombs whenever you're fighting a peco. It lets you move one of the monsters away from the other.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Additionally, Dung Bombs can get monsters off of you if they pin you.
Critical Dude
Thanks for the info guys! I usually rely on my evading skills, seeing as I'm a long sword lover (I'm good with other weapons too except the lance and gunlance).
I'm already up to the Lagiagrus, I'm just getting the right armour and weapon to go head to head with it >:]
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
So I recently got into Gunlancing in hopes of cutting off tails waaaaaaaaaaay more easily... I wasn't expecting R+X to still be out of reach for some monsters ._. I know there's move+X or X+A, but still...
show more