forum

Monster Hunter series - help, showcases, & more!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
That fight hurt my eyes... lol.

Thankfully, I have everything I need from it.
ztrot
I need one more reactor for my long sword :(
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Dude, bug the hell outta me. I'm at the point where I pretty much have everything I need, so I don't have much to do other than help people.
PyaKura
You can probably mess around with other weapons you haven't played much with or at all. I grew bored of fighting with a GS so I went for the Lance, then went on with the SnS (which I always thought was useless but really is not lmao). If I go with another weapon again I'll go with the SA (and therefore craft yet another mixed armor set just for it). And then I'll pick the bow up again.

That's what I do to keep the game fresh.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
So someone I know showed me this. I have no idea if/when it comes out overseas, though:

Azure_Kite
Probably not; It might be interesting to see if Frontier does eventually get a Western release, though. Especially with the MH4U sales overseas.
PyaKura
Man if they could release one of their PC games overseas I'd gladly pay whatever the f they want every month. I mean MH is one of the very few franchise I have so much interest in I wouldn't mind paying more than what I should lol.
Critical Dude

Blazevoir wrote:

Isn't it Raging Brachydios? Or are monsters called different names in Europe?
In Europe it is called Raging Brachydios. However I prefer the other name used for it, I can't remember if it was a loose japanese translation that the name "Critical Brachydios" derived from. I saw it on MHwiki anyways.

As for MH-Frontier, I only see the character models and armour getting graphics upgrades. Everything else seems to be like graphics from the psp version ._.
This does not mean that I dislike the game though, as I still love that classical gameplay (especially with the use of the Tonfas) and the different monsters added to the game with each update. *commas don't exist*
Azure_Kite
It's a loose Japanese Translation, as Critical says. Translated literally, Raging Brachydios' name is something like "Sudden Explosion Brachydios".

Considering the nature of his drop names, it's no wonder his nickname is related to nuclear fission terminology.
Critical Dude

Azure_Kite wrote:

It's a loose Japanese Translation, as Critical says. Translated literally, Raging Brachydios' name is something like "Sudden Explosion Brachydios".

Considering the nature of his drop names, it's no wonder his nickname is related to nuclear fission terminology.
Y-yeah that's right, I totally knew that. Hehe...

If only there was a way to have map/level updates and harder battles *sigh*
MH5 better hurry up, although doubt it will be on the 3ds (probably might be on the New 3ds).
PyaKura

Now I know what I need to do !
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Pfft, hahahahahaha
Critical Dude
Wow, should switch to using a hammer then?
PyaKura
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

PyaKura wrote:

Ok I died XD
Hello? Does anyone know where my brain is? I think I lost it... I think.
PyaKura
Anyone up for a few hunts ? I just feel like playing, I don't mind helping people atm.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I was playing something else earlier, then I had to go out, so I forgot to check back here until now ><
PyaKura
Heh no problem, I ended up entering a Kirin room and hunted a dozen of them before going to sleep ~

Also :
This is what my brother sent me this morning

"Yo ! This was my first Jojo, captured with a hammer ! Easy gems hue."
-Maus-
I had a good time gathering Gargwa poop lol
Azure_Kite
Nice!

I've been breaking playing Majora's Mask recently, so haven't been MHing as much :<
-Maus-
So, anybody up for some multi? I started yesterday so I'm just at the first urgent quest ;w;
PyaKura
I can't right now but if you're up for it later in the evening then yeah :D
Azure_Kite
Sure, I can play for a bit. I kinda left my charger at my mother's house though, so if I go flat, I go flat.

Hall ID: 32-5645-3790-5445
Passcode: 9876
PyaKura
aaah fug homework for now, here I come ;-;

Edit : Molten Tiggy hurts so much, it's a miracle I survived to his roar even though I had blastblight on me :O
Also soz Azure, I kept forgetting my Dusts xD
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Was out all day up till now... ugh...

Hao2schedule
-Maus-
Let's get some chat or stuff, scheduling a match on forums sucks ;v
Critical Dude
Molten Tigrex is so fun to hunt, but it's annoying to have your team mates faint or just drop out.
I ended up friending over 50 people in MH4U.
Azure_Kite

Critical Dude wrote:

Molten Tigrex is so fun to hunt, but it's annoying to have your team mates faint or just drop out.
I ended up friending over 50 people in MH4U.
Hahah, I was playing with Pyakura yesterday, unfortunately the ball dropped right at the end. We were going really well, then I fainted. Max Potion'd, Pyakura fainted. Got back into the ring with Molten Tiggy, Tiggy steamrolled me, giving us our final faint.

THE BASTARD THEN PROCEEDS TO LIMP AWAY FROM MY BATTERED CORPSE.

I have added a lot of friends through MH4U as well. It's gotten to the stage I had to delete some of them to make room for local friends/3DS users. Which is a shame. The 100 person limit should really be expanded IMO.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I've already had over 70 before MH4U, so it's way more of a pain to sort out inactives for me...

Anyway, maybe a Skype group or something? What do you all prefer? (Because I hardly go on osu! in-game anymore.)
PyaKura
@Azure : Hahaha actually at base I was looking for a max pot in my inventory then remembered that I had used it in the middle of the fight well before we fainted. So if it weren't you it would most likely have been me xD

I'm all up for a Skype group as it is really the only place I'm on constantly, be it on my phone/ipad/PC. Anything else is fine as well though.
Azure_Kite
Yeah, I'm rarely on Skype itself, but I have most of your FC's. If you're playing I'll try and drop in :P
PyaKura
My skype name is on my profile, feel free to add me anytime.
PyaKura
Hey anyone up for some hunting in ~3 hours ?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Sorry... I'll be busy all day...
PyaKura
D: Timezones aaaa
PyaKura
I'm up if anyone feels like playing.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Recently got a new game (well... technically two), sooooooooooooooooooo...
PyaKura
... Good job reminding me I still have to get Xenoblade ;-;
-Maus-
Nerscylla set for Gunner looks op af, will need to hunt it 10 times cos I want it all
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
The Gunner set I'm currently using is pretty OP for a mixed set. Though it mostly copies gaijinhunter's, I had to swap out the Head piece for something that actually had Evasion since I lacked a good Talisman.
show more