forum

Monster Hunter series - help, showcases, & more!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
IF I GET TO RIDE A ZINOGRE, JAPAN CAN TAKE ALL MY MONEY.
Azure_Kite
Agreed.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Quoting someone from a Skype group I'm in:

I did more research. One of two things is going to happen. Either you only have a single rideable Rathalos that you've bonded with because it was a runt individual that was picked on by other monsters. Or, the more likely scenario is that you are able to ride a large variety of monsters via egg gathering missions, where you collect the eggs from the wild, raise up the babies in captivity, and they increase in size over time via level-up. As such, the Rathalos in the video was a young one and still has some aging to do because it's a juvenile. Either way, I'm pretty sure you start off with Rathalos and it gets stronger as it grows. I'm 90% sure it's the latter though because Capcom even said that the plot of the game is going around trying to make better relationships with monsters, suggesting you're not just bonding with the Rathalos.
EDIT: In celebration of MH4U selling over 1 million copies overseas, we're getting a free Monster Hunter 3DS HOME Menu Theme in May!
-Maus-

Blazevoir wrote:

EDIT: In celebration of MH4U selling over 1 million copies overseas, we're getting a free Monster Hunter 3DS HOME Menu Theme in May!
I bought it already :v
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Bought what? The theme we didn't even get yet?
-Maus-

Blazevoir wrote:

Bought what? The theme we didn't even get yet?
Oh well, my bad
I thought you were talking about one of those 2 we have already
/me runz
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Hehe... So I just finished a Gogmazios hunt. Ended up cannonballing it out of the sky and killing it at the same time \o/
Azure_Kite
I did tthat once with my Dense Marcoal.

1000 Caravan points well spent.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Wow, nice job >w<b

EDIT: Surprised no one posted about this month's content... Well anyway, so it's mainly Megaman, Metroid, Street Fighter, and Taiko stuff, but what others probably might overlook is that we can get more free item packs.

Full content:

Also, don't forget to download the free Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate 3DS HOME Menu Theme.
Azure_Kite
I don't suppose the free theme was the Wood Print one?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Ah, my bad... Apparently that was previously only for North America, but it should be available for everyone now.
Critical Dude
*Comes back from the dead*
So... Haaaaaaave you guys completed the game yet?

I already started a new file quite some time ago. Completed the last file way too quickly due to pushy friends that wanted to level up (great team mates though).
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
If, by completed, you mean doing all the Caravan AND Gathering Hall Quests, then that's a no for me. If you mean we have our "endgame" equipment, that's still a no for me.
Critical Dude
Lol, I meant endgame: finish caravaan and g-rank key quests.
But seriously... those freaking apex monsters frustrate me, regardless of beating them with team mates or not.
Solo Apex Rajang and I'll respect you like a "God".
PyaKura
I've completed my fourth custom armor set (got GS, Evade Lance, Stylish Bombing + Status SnS and classical DPS SnS) so I'm just going to resume my lv140 quests farm to get relics and complete my frickin' kitchen I STILL HAVEN'T COMPLETED despite being Gold Crown 155 ;_;

I haven't tried soloing that one yet but I will soon enough.
Critical Dude
Huge (like super huge) monsters that I can solo: I can only solo Dajamuuhdoor (Dalamadur) and (probably) its cousin. God's Mazios (Gogmazios) takes too long to solo.

Normal Big Munchy Monsters that I can solo: Pretty much anything that isn't apex (except Apex Steve). Can't solo Red T.Rex

Side note: I'll never forget that time that I got knocked out by a f$:3ing melynx in MHFU.
PyaKura
Dalamadur is a bigass punching ball (so is Dahren) that's why we all love them so much (I'd say bonus points for Dala for its diving tutorial). I haven't really tried to solo any Apex (bar that fake Apex Steve in village) either as it sounds like a pain in the ass. I still haven't hunted down G-Rank Fatty and I won't be soloing it ever lol.
Critical Dude
G-Rank Fatty? I've never heard of this nickname. Is it new? *Fear intensifies*
PyaKura
Fatalis it is D:
Azure_Kite
Broke G-crown about a month ago. I've been slowly working my way through the 7-10* Caravan quests, already got my lovely Rainbow pigment. I'm one scroll away from getting Gold Crown, but I've been too busy playing Rumble World to really pick it back up and finish the job. Raging Brachydios is an interesting fight.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Speaking of G-Crown, farming Akantor for literally millions of Zenny is fun :P

...Now if only I could farm Armor Spheres just as fast...
Azure_Kite
I'm already at 9999999z :< Too bad it caps at that value.
Critical Dude
The first game file completed left my character almost broke...

G-Fatty is a little challenging yet fun if you have a good team, as for Critical Brachydios - I had to farm him myself sometimes because people kept fainting. And trust me soloing C.Brach is a paaaaaaaaaaaaain :[
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Isn't it Raging Brachydios? Or are monsters called different names in Europe?
PyaKura
I've never paid attention to its exact name as it's simply labeled "Brachydios" in-game so yeah.
I fought only 3 Raging Brach and got 3 Palliums out of them without having anyone fainting (man I can't believe my luck atm, it's ridiculous). I gotta admit that I was surprised when I had my face blasted away from hitting him the first time lol.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
That fight hurt my eyes... lol.

Thankfully, I have everything I need from it.
ztrot
I need one more reactor for my long sword :(
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Dude, bug the hell outta me. I'm at the point where I pretty much have everything I need, so I don't have much to do other than help people.
PyaKura
You can probably mess around with other weapons you haven't played much with or at all. I grew bored of fighting with a GS so I went for the Lance, then went on with the SnS (which I always thought was useless but really is not lmao). If I go with another weapon again I'll go with the SA (and therefore craft yet another mixed armor set just for it). And then I'll pick the bow up again.

That's what I do to keep the game fresh.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
So someone I know showed me this. I have no idea if/when it comes out overseas, though:

Azure_Kite
Probably not; It might be interesting to see if Frontier does eventually get a Western release, though. Especially with the MH4U sales overseas.
PyaKura
Man if they could release one of their PC games overseas I'd gladly pay whatever the f they want every month. I mean MH is one of the very few franchise I have so much interest in I wouldn't mind paying more than what I should lol.
Critical Dude

Blazevoir wrote:

Isn't it Raging Brachydios? Or are monsters called different names in Europe?
In Europe it is called Raging Brachydios. However I prefer the other name used for it, I can't remember if it was a loose japanese translation that the name "Critical Brachydios" derived from. I saw it on MHwiki anyways.

As for MH-Frontier, I only see the character models and armour getting graphics upgrades. Everything else seems to be like graphics from the psp version ._.
This does not mean that I dislike the game though, as I still love that classical gameplay (especially with the use of the Tonfas) and the different monsters added to the game with each update. *commas don't exist*
Azure_Kite
It's a loose Japanese Translation, as Critical says. Translated literally, Raging Brachydios' name is something like "Sudden Explosion Brachydios".

Considering the nature of his drop names, it's no wonder his nickname is related to nuclear fission terminology.
Critical Dude

Azure_Kite wrote:

It's a loose Japanese Translation, as Critical says. Translated literally, Raging Brachydios' name is something like "Sudden Explosion Brachydios".

Considering the nature of his drop names, it's no wonder his nickname is related to nuclear fission terminology.
Y-yeah that's right, I totally knew that. Hehe...

If only there was a way to have map/level updates and harder battles *sigh*
MH5 better hurry up, although doubt it will be on the 3ds (probably might be on the New 3ds).
PyaKura

Now I know what I need to do !
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Pfft, hahahahahaha
Critical Dude
Wow, should switch to using a hammer then?
PyaKura
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

PyaKura wrote:

Ok I died XD
Hello? Does anyone know where my brain is? I think I lost it... I think.
show more