forum

KOTOKO - Re-Sublimity

posted
Total Posts
show more
Azure_Kite
Here's my mod

Blue = Suggestion Red = Check this

There is... an easier diff in the making, right?

[Hard]
No problems found

[Naruti Re-Styled]
00:29:034 (3) - Probably remove this note; it doesn't really fit imo
No problems found

[Insane]
00:33:077 (1) - Unrankable slider. Position it somewhere other than under the slider, since it's impossible to see
No other problems found

A pretty good beatmap, you've done a good job. (Either I'm tired and my brain couldn't keep up, or this must have been hard to map) Have a star for your efforts :D
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji

Azure_Kyte wrote:

Here's my mod

Blue = Suggestion Red = Check this

There is... an easier diff in the making, right?

[Hard]
No problems found

[Naruti Re-Styled]
No problems found

[Insane]
00:33:077 (1) - Unrankable slider. Position it somewhere other than under the slider, since it's impossible to see
No other problems found

A pretty good beatmap, you've done a good job. (Either I'm tired and my brain couldn't keep up, or this must have been hard to map) Have a star for your efforts :D
I've heard the unrankable slider for my insane a couple of times already.
Maybe it's just me being used to the map, but isn't it ok?
You can see the head, and it's really short so one would get it anyways.
Is it really unrankable?
Azure_Kite
Most definitely. The reason you know it is because you mapped it yourself. However, to other players, this would seem completely out of place. Either way, hiding sliders/notes under sliders is bad mapping practice and should be avoided in the vast majority of cases.
naruti

Azure_Kyte wrote:

Most definitely. The reason you know it is because you mapped it yourself. However, to other players, this would seem completely out of place. Either way, hiding sliders/notes under sliders is bad mapping practice and should be avoided in the vast majority of cases.
TOTALY TRUE

and about
i think i just leave it that way unles more people gets anoyed by it cuz i like it this way
yaya
first .

you really need a easier diff for new players .

Hard:
i think you can add something at the second diff , will be much better.
slider/note under the slider before is ugly , you should replace them.
and don't put so much hitsound together , make hitsounds on white tick is better , for ex: 00:14:000 (3) - all finish , really noisy.
and this 00:31:033 (9) - clap + whistle doesn't fit this music .
01:18:066 (8) - ugly.

Hard and Insane . YOU SHOULD MAKE A AUDIO SAMPLE SET. NORMAL/SOFT . press f6 to do that.
i don't know why so many modders didnt point this mistake..
Insane:
00:26:000 (8,1,2) - distance
00:33:077 (1) - i cant see it as a slider
00:52:066 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - nonono. so much clap.
01:12:089 (1) - so far away from note3 before.make it at 01:13:077 (1) - here.

Naruti:
much better .xD
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji

osu_CN_yaya wrote:

first .

you really need a easier diff for new players .

Hard:
i think you can add something at the second diff , will be much better.
slider/note under the slider before is ugly , you should replace them.
and don't put so much hitsound together , make hitsounds on white tick is better , for ex: 00:14:000 (3) - all finish , really noisy.
and this 00:31:033 (9) - clap + whistle doesn't fit this music .
01:18:066 (8) - ugly.

Hard and Insane . YOU SHOULD MAKE A AUDIO SAMPLE SET. NORMAL/SOFT . press f6 to do that.
i don't know why so many modders didnt point this mistake..
Insane:
00:26:000 (8,1,2) - distance
00:33:077 (1) - i cant see it as a slider
00:52:066 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - nonono. so much clap.
01:12:089 (1) - so far away from note3 before.make it at 01:13:077 (1) - here.

Naruti:
much better .xD
The hitsounds were originally soft..
I don't know when they turned to normal.
I'm going to keep the claps at 52 seconds, because it fits to me.
(i think you can add something at the second diff , will be much better.) I don't really get what this means, and for the ugly sliders on top of each other I will keep, because I like them.
And no star? *is offended*
Doomsday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
naruti

Nakata Yuji wrote:

And no star? *is offended*
Try to make the map more fun so you wil get that star

some people only gives stars if they like the map or think its worth it so you have to earn it

Doomsday93 wrote:

Blue = design/minor issues. you do not have to change these if you don't want to
Orange = moderate issues. it would be best if you change these, but you may be able to get away with not changing it
Red = major issues. you need to change these

timing looks good enough to me

no normal/easy? you need at least a normal

[HARD]
SPOILER
00:15:000 (2) - maybe unstack this? its hard to see that this is a slider
00:36:066 (1) - make this a whole beat longer? auto only just gets 2000 bonus
[NARUTI RE-STYLED]
00:36:034 (9) - stack this on the end of (8)?done
00:40:090 (5,1) - this jumps feels awkward to me. maybe tone it down somehow?its a smaller jump now
00:53:349 (x) - start kiai here?intresting.. fixed

[INSANE]
SPOILER
its all good.
not a bad map. you really really really need a normal or easy though maby we should

star'dThank you for your star and mod :)
Download: KOTOKO - Re-Sublimity (Nakata Yuji) [Naruti Re-Styled].osu
thepianist
My two cents:

(I dun wanna echo others about the easier difficulty that is to be made.)

Hmm the hitsounds say normal but play soft. Dunno if you intended that.

Hard
0.40.445 (2) The finish clashes too loudly compared to the others. Adjust volume?
0.44.001 (2) ^
0.52.668 (2) Must these all be claps? I see that you want the claps, but maybe adjust the volume a bit.

Restyled
00:14:068 (1) - Remove new combo
00:20:090 (1) - ^
00:35:034 (8,9) - Why the sudden volume change
1.25.349 (1) Why whistle?

Insane
00:52:066 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Again, must these all be claps?

Mmkays. Star?
naruti
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji

thepianist wrote:

My two cents:

(I dun wanna echo others about the easier difficulty that is to be made.)

Hmm the hitsounds say normal but play soft. Dunno if you intended that.

Hard
0.40.445 (2) The finish clashes too loudly compared to the others. Adjust volume?
0.44.001 (2) ^
0.52.668 (2) Must these all be claps? I see that you want the claps, but maybe adjust the volume a bit.

Restyled
00:14:068 (1) - Remove new combo
00:20:090 (1) - ^
00:35:034 (8,9) - Why the sudden volume change
1.25.349 (1) Why whistle?

Insane
00:52:066 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Again, must these all be claps?

Mmkays. Star?
I agree with the claps, but I believe I'll stick with the finishes, as I intended for them to be loud. However, if a few more people have complaints, I will reconsider.
asiaclonk
XepherX3
use the same offset from Naruti Re-Styled in all difficulties

[normal]
no timing issues found
increase the distance snapping in this one

[hard]
nothing found

[insane]
nothing found

[Naruti Re-Styled]
awesome

***** Starred *****
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji
Real1
[Normal]
Hitsounds are messed up somehow. They say normal but they play soft and strange. Going into the timig set up panel and looking at the offset, the first timing section, neither Normal or Soft are selected, press one to fix this. Sliders sound weird otherwise. Maybe it's just my osu messing up. Strangely it seems to be only Normal that does this.

00:35:011 (4) - This note is sticking out. On purpose? Makes it hard to read.
00:49:077 (1) - A bit too hard to see this note and to time it right while clicking for normal. Maybe extend the slider or an extra repeat?
01:04:000 (3) - Too far from (2)

[Hard]
Is ok.

[Re-styled]
Is very hard. :P

[Insane]
00:58:000 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3) - No hitsounds at all here. Dull.
01:12:089 (1,1,1,1,1) - Perhaps make these into one combo?
01:15:033 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Spice up this final stretch of the map with some hitsounds.

Star'd.
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji

Real1 wrote:

[Normal]
Hitsounds are messed up somehow. They say normal but they play soft and strange. Going into the timig set up panel and looking at the offset, the first timing section, neither Normal or Soft are selected, press one to fix this. Sliders sound weird otherwise. Maybe it's just my osu messing up. Strangely it seems to be only Normal that does this.

00:35:011 (4) - This note is sticking out. On purpose? Makes it hard to read.
00:49:077 (1) - A bit too hard to see this note and to time it right while clicking for normal. Maybe extend the slider or an extra repeat?
01:04:000 (3) - Too far from (2)

[Hard]
Is ok.

[Re-styled]
Is very hard. :P

[Insane]
00:58:000 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3) - No hitsounds at all here. Dull.
01:12:089 (1,1,1,1,1) - Perhaps make these into one combo?
01:15:033 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Spice up this final stretch of the map with some hitsounds.

Star'd.
That's weird. I'm sure I had the sound set at soft. This has happened before too, I don't know what's wrong.
I will fix this tomorrow.
LionsLight
Erm, I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but in Normal, you have a slider from 00:52:67 to 00:54:00 but you have two hit markers appearing during that slider at 00:53:56 and 00:53:78.
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji
Teara
[Timing]
Not a timing expert, but I'd recommend getting a second opinion on it, offset looks wrong for me~

[Normal]

The finish/clap hitsounds are really loud compared to the rest of the song~ I'd suggest lowering the hitsound volume at each finish you have~

Again no offense, but the end slider is ugly.

[Hard]

The finish/clap hitsounds are really loud compared to the rest of the song~ I'd suggest lowering the hitsound volume at each finish you have~

Again no offense, but the end slider is ugly~ Maybe try to use some kind of slider art?

[Naturi Re-Styled]

and really hard diff~ with some hectic jumps~

I like it~~!

[Insane]

00:26:066 (1,2) - Align with [00:25:066 (6,7)]

Yup
same as the others, finish/clap are really loud.
naruti
Spudman
Oh man that drain on insane is well.....Insane. :o

Though, it's a good map, so here's a star.
Mafiamaster
Normal~
Insane is way easier to read than Normal.
  1. 00:16:884 (4) - Every slider that is this short with no reverse arrows, change it to something else. It's very hard to see if it's slider or 2 notes.
  2. 00:36:328 (6) - Stack this note right on 5's endpoint.
  3. 00:40:217 (1,2) - The spacing change is really not necessary in the easiest difficulty. Move the slider closer to 1.
  4. 00:43:773 (1,2) - ^
  5. 01:12:884 (1) - Suggestion: Remove new combo
  6. 01:13:328 (1) - ^
  7. Overall, just make this difficulty easier to read unless you're just dying to make an Easy difficulty.
  8. Also the loud finishes kill my ears. Reduce the volume of the timing sections that have finish sounds in them.
Hard~
  1. 00:14:995 (2) - Same concept as Normal. Slider's too short.
  2. 01:05:551 (1) - Especially here. It's really hard to tell that this is a slider.
Naruti re-styled~
  1. Add naruti to the tags for this difficulty.
Insane~
  1. 00:33:773 (1,2) - Hidden by the slider.
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji

Mafiamaster wrote:

Normal~
Insane is way easier to read than Normal.
  1. 00:16:884 (4) - Every slider that is this short with no reverse arrows, change it to something else. It's very hard to see if it's slider or 2 notes.
  2. 00:36:328 (6) - Stack this note right on 5's endpoint.
    00:40:217 (1,2) - The spacing change is really not necessary in the easiest difficulty. Move the slider closer to 1.
  3. 00:43:773 (1,2) - ^
  4. 01:12:884 (1) - Suggestion: Remove new combo
  5. 01:13:328 (1) - ^
  6. Overall, just make this difficulty easier to read unless you're just dying to make an Easy difficulty.
  7. Also the loud finishes kill my ears. Reduce the volume of the timing sections that have finish sounds in them.
Hard~
  1. 00:14:995 (2) - Same concept as Normal. Slider's too short.
  2. 01:05:551 (1) - Especially here. It's really hard to tell that this is a slider.
Naruti re-styled~
  1. Add naruti to the tags for this difficulty.
Insane~
  1. 00:33:773 (1,2) - Hidden by the slider.
For the bold on normal, apparently I have the spacing at 0.8 consistantly. I know that it feels weird though. How should I rectify this?
EDIT: I just changed them to sliders so it feels better.
Ephemeral
BPM: 135 / Offset: 2
Make sure you resnap everything and CAREFULLY CHECK THAT EVERYTHING IS WHERE IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE. Resnap all has a tendency to shift some things back or forwards a 1/4 if the offset is particularly quirky.

I think you'll find with the proper offset that you can make sliders with absolute lengths (that is, red to white, or white to white, or red to red) and not have to shift things into the 1/4's, which I notice you're doing alot.

Across all difficulties (non-guest):
00:04:044 (1) - I cannot fathom why you would start the song off on a single note tap followed by a break. While I am here to judge the objective and not the subject, this is a design issue I cannot ignore. Map these sections properly across all of your maps.

Anyway, start with the offset and we'll work from there. There's lots of things which seem to be products of a faulty offset rather than definitive mapper error.
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji

Ephemeral wrote:

Make sure you resnap everything and CAREFULLY CHECK THAT EVERYTHING IS WHERE IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE. Resnap all has a tendency to shift some things back or forwards a 1/4 if the offset is particularly quirky.

I think you'll find with the proper offset that you can make sliders with absolute lengths (that is, red to white, or white to white, or red to red) and not have to shift things into the 1/4's, which I notice you're doing alot.

Across all difficulties (non-guest):
00:04:044 (1) - I cannot fathom why you would start the song off on a single note tap followed by a break. While I am here to judge the objective and not the subject, this is a design issue I cannot ignore. Map these sections properly across all of your maps.

Anyway, start with the offset and we'll work from there. There's lots of things which seem to be products of a faulty offset rather than definitive mapper error.
When you mention the sliders with absolute lengths, after I fixed the offset I didn't really see the need to move them.
I probably just don't have a full comprehension of what you mean, so could you please elaborate?

EDIT: I went into normal and I saw what you mean. Thanks!
Wait, when I try to change them to absolute sliders, they don't seem to fit as well.
Sure
[General]
- Change offset of every diffs with Ephemeral's one.
Offset is not always setted on first note.
naruti's one is on start point of phrase. But your diff's one are on middle of phrase.
Remind checking 'Snap to new timing' before click OK button in 'Timing and Control Points Pannel'.
- I suggest add letter '(TV Size)' at title. Also, remove 'opening tv size' at Tags.
- Add tag guest name at all diffs.
- I think audio lead-in 2 seconds is best.

[Normal]
00:04:066 - remove break
00:36:033 (6) - stack it correctly.
TIP : Make distance spacing to 0.0x. Then hold 'shift'(off grid snap temporary) and move it.
You can stack note correctly at end of slider.

00:51:055 (1) - redo this slider
00:58:044 (3) - spacing
00:59:055 (4) - ^

[Hard]
01:05:057 (1,2) - unsnapped
01:07:077 (4) - new combo

[Insane]
00:49:077 (1) - finish
00:50:021 (1) - ^
00:50:066 (1) - ^
00:51:010 (1) - ^

[Naruti]
00:16:023 (3) - spacing. or new combo
00:40:023 (1) - too close to previous note
naruti

Ephemeral wrote:

ykcarrot wrote:

[General]
naruti's one is on start point of phrase. But your diff's one are on middle of phrase.
Remind checking 'Snap to new timing' before click OK button in 'Timing and Control Points Pannel'.
- I suggest add letter '(TV Size)' at title. Also, remove 'opening tv size' at Tags.

[Naruti]
*YAWN*
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji

ykcarrot wrote:

[General]

[Normal]
00:04:066 - remove break
00:36:033 (6) - stack it correctly.
TIP : Make distance spacing to 0.0x. Then hold 'shift'(off grid snap temporary) and move it.
You can stack note correctly at end of slider.

00:51:055 (1) - redo this slider
00:58:044 (3) - spacing
00:59:055 (4) - ^

[Hard]
01:05:057 (1,2) - unsnapped
01:07:077 (4) - new combo

[Insane]
00:49:077 (1) - finish
00:50:021 (1) - ^
00:50:066 (1) - ^
00:51:010 (1) - ^

[Naruti]
Done.
On what I've bolded, I just want to let you know I have had it that way before. If you look to the beginning of the thread, there is a pretty sizable discussion on the offset, and I had it at 0 or something close to that, but SteRRum told me to change it. Some others told me to change the finishes on insane too.
orioncomet
For KOTOKO ~ <3
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji

orioncomet wrote:

For KOTOKO ~ <3
<3
Kytoxid
[General]

Remove excess .osb file and do a full submit.
Change the background colour to black on all difficulties.
"Kannazuki no miko kotoko" all of these tags are in the source/artist fields already, remove them.
What's up with the messed up storyboard referencing nonexistant files? o_O Please fix that.

Change TV-Size in the title to TV Size, and make the brackets round brackets, like "(TV Size)".

[Normal]

Remove the opening break.

[Hard]

There are 2 unsnapped notes.

The other difficulties look okay.
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji

Kytoxid wrote:

[General]

Remove excess .osb file and do a full submit.
Change the background colour to black on all difficulties.
"Kannazuki no miko kotoko" all of these tags are in the source/artist fields already, remove them.
What's up with the messed up storyboard referencing nonexistant files? o_O Please fix that.

Change TV-Size in the title to TV Size, and make the brackets round brackets, like "(TV Size)".

[Normal]

Remove the opening break.

[Hard]

There are 2 unsnapped notes.

The other difficulties look okay.
Could you please specify these two unsnapped notes? It helps that you tell me that they're there, but not so much that you don't tell me where they are.
Leorda
Konnichiwa!!! Nakata Yuji-chan!!

[Normal]
00:11:997 (4) - No new combo
00:15:775 (1) - ^
00:16:219 (2) - New combo

[Hard]
00:11:997 (1) - No new combo

00:50:219 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - No new combo
01:12:886 (1,1,1,1) - ^

[Naruti Re-Styled]
00:50:224 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - No new combo
01:12:890 (1,1,1,1,1) - ^

[Insane]
00:06:330 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - No new combo
00:55:219 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - ^
01:13;330 (1,1,1,1) - ^

Good song! STAR!!!
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji

Leorda wrote:

Konnichiwa!!! Nakata Yuji-chan!!

[Normal]
00:11:997 (4) - No new combo

[Hard]
00:11:997 (1) - No new combo

00:50:219 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - No new combo
01:12:886 (1,1,1,1) - ^

[Naruti Re-Styled]
00:50:224 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - No new combo
01:12:890 (1,1,1,1,1) - ^

[Insane]
00:06:330 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - No new combo
00:55:219 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - ^
01:13;330 (1,1,1,1) - ^

Good song! STAR!!!
Basically, this is new combo issues. I will take a look at it later, but the 1,1,1,1,1 ones are probably going to be kept.
Thanks!
naruti
minyeob
[Normal]
lol It's strange that circle is smaller than [Hard].......
0:50:164(kiai)-> I think this is unnecessary.

[Hard]

[Naruti]
00:19:066 (2) - Is this a jump?(Just asking)

I would be happy if this post helps you ^^
naruti

minyeob wrote:

[Naruti]

nope not a jump
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji

minyeob wrote:

[Normal]
lol It's strange that circle is smaller than [Hard].......

[Hard]

[Naruti]

I know what you're saying about the Kiai, but I think I'll leave it as is, unless another person agrees with you.
dkey
Star0.0
Kytoxid
[General]

Please remove audio from the .avi.

In my opinion, Normal's rhythm is too hard to follow for the easiest difficulty. Please make an Easy.
01:11:890 - This section seems to should have kiai.

[Normal]

00:40:446 (2) - This 2x section is way too surprising, especially because of the doubled spacing.
00:43:779 (1,2) - ^

[Naruti]

00:19:113 (1,2,3) - Spacing.
01:28:890 (1) - I'd consider using a custom silent hitsound for the end of this slider.

[Insane]

Total score is lower than Naruti by 300k, consider changing it up so that star rating goes below Naruti's. I recommend dropping HP drain a whole bunch and OD a little. Drain is killer right now.

00:06:224 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - I'd say this is just combo abuse. =/

I'd star this, but apparently I already have posted. XD
show more