3.57%
A skin downloaded from the website or updater
22.11%
A heavily customized, combined, or original skin
68.89%
Total votes: 2411
show more
GuhCh
I use a modified version of the Axiom skin (I basically deleted all of the UI)
[N]ephy
I use a customized skin cause it give me a feeling that's my game ! because the game becomes more personal when u custom ur own skin x)
OzzyOzrock
Can someone give me a nice clean skin not far from the default skin?

I don't use a skin but I wanna edit some assets; and it seems you need to use a skin for that, right?

Edit: Oh my god. I had no idea that the folder for the default skin was 'User'. Wow. OK then!~
7ambda
I just combined two skins I downloaded.
Anxient
I stuff many elements into my skin.
http://puu.sh/f0ww9/ca7183440b.osk
Too lazy to screencap the whole thing. go find out yourself xD
HazeL
i'm too lazy to make my own skin / download / combine / choose
Black Wolf159
I don't even know how to make a skin but I'm very comfortable with Azer's skin.
Rad-
I used to play with my customized skin which actually started from wario ware skin but changed alot of the time, and even did my own skin on this p/2917930#p2917930 .
But now i use default skin since 2 months ago since it doesnt affect gameplay at any shape or form for me. I am playing as well as i used to without much difference. Not even insibile 300s xD
Xanaehla
"A skin downloaded from the website or updater" I use it for taiko :3
Marylin_old_1
A friend customized an HD skin then shared with me. Not uploaded on web.
TierMeister
I mostly play with the default skin, because i think i can only play with it. xD
Skins are nice for variety for me. ^^
AdeHaze
just use The default skin, as-is :)
haxsu
I use three different skins:

1. A custom made one that I created from scratch. It was designed and optimised for AR10.33 and higher.

2. Narrill's older skin for HR with some added customization.

3. A "competitive skin" that is just a mixture of several other players skins like Dsan's, Azer's, Xilver's, Kaoru's, etc.

The only time i use the default skin is when i am modding or editing a beatmap xD
BeatofIke
I use default skin, since I already comfortable with it and I like the design already.
I tend to play much worse when I use a custom skin, so I rather avoid it all together.
Deva
I use heavily modified skin because i failed to find a skin that i actually like.
Dusk-
The default skin hurts my eyes when playing Taiko ;_;
MAXG764
Sometimes custom skins and skins from the site make it more difficult to play by having a cursor which tends to blend in with backgrounds, and having hit scores (50, 100, 300, etc.) which are so big that they interfere with visibility, not to mention that some of them are kinda flashy. The default doesn't cause any problems for me so I just stick with that.
autoteleology
I use my own skin, Spectrum 2. Check my sig, it's sik nasty
undo
i use a heavily modified skin of Dakkychan (RIP) link
Wind_14
I mostly use default for osu!, CtB, and taiko. but i use a modified o2jam skin made by ecafree2 for mania, since the column size and colour isn't good (idk how to change it).
Zuikaku
The question is: Is the main purpose of a skin to make the game look better - or to make it simple? 8-)
Jean barrios
i usually like to mix skins that i downloaded, because i like some textures from that skin, and it's the same with other skin, either way, i end up mixing things anyway lol.
SkullFull
Default skin with follow points from ShigeHDHR and transparent slider end
Horaizon-
Custom skins make my PC lag,that's why I use the default skin.
Surono
Costum, it can be made for more "Minimalist"

also

_DUSK_ wrote:

The default skin hurts my eyes when playing Taiko ;_;
Xyrus_old_1
Currently using a combination of Harmony and WilchQ's skin
Hibiya-chan
Custom Transparent skin user here :)

Anyway, my only issue with a skin is its hitsound and transparency for smooth play. Like, I get comfortable hitting those circles with a nc hitsound and get comfortable reading the map with transoarent sliders. Somethin like those.
iimlg_pro
I use skins that don't take to much focus like Luminous (v2) (link, https://osuskins.info/skin?s=2474). IT doesn't have any numbers in the circles and that does have pro's and con's. The pro's is as i said before it doesn't take much focus and that when ever you get a miss, 50, 100 or a 300 it isn't distracting and in your face but the con's are that I really like jump maps but sometimes I become confused with the order of the circles. If i would change the default skin I would make the colors less vivid and the miss's, 50's, 100's and 300's less distracting.
dellar68
imo rrtyui's skin is the best
Oliver-47
no i don't use a skin
cinnabar real

Syden wrote:

I find the updater's skins to be garbage (no offence), but i feel that way about any over decorated skin.
dude, you are [b]SO FREAKING TRUE[b]
I really think those skins are impossible to read.

Nice to see someone with the same opinions as me
Faunsce
I use one a friend made for me using a bunch of other skins.
keremaru
i play with two custom skins: one reddish-pink, and the other one is a kind of blue you'd see in a rafis skin. this is primarily to affect how i play, since red scientifically enhances focus and aggression, while blue suggests a more passive and calm sensation. the skins themselves are not by any means perfect, especially the standard mode, but it is fixable.

i'm also too lazy to add taiko to my red skin.
mariojudah
I'll play with anything so long as the cursor looks good and there's no sliderend circle lol.
[Trz] Zulsramno
Yugen 4 life
InjuredMuffin2
The original skin is simply too bright to use competitively, it is very distracting but also skin downloading can be made easier. there should be a section on the top ribbon specifically for skins
LamGC

Nathanael wrote:

I use the default skin with some minor tweaks to remove the elements which causes lags and distracting at gameplay.

Me too, and the reason for keeping default skin is to prevent dependence on custom skin.
SimLazie
I use DDM's skin, its really good though.
adim2222
default skin is bad
there is too much particles and balls and stuff
just run a tech map on it
u will see...
epic man 2
I use a skin called "DYSSODIA" for Mania in general, it helps me to read the map as clear as it is since it's hard to read with the default skin.. For me, of course.

It mainly works in 4K, any other key modes above 4K it will have a bar on one column while other columns are
circles.
show more