forum

[resolved] [confirmed] osu!direct list a single map multiple times

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Angelo
Problem Details: Here is my problem, a single map is displaying multiple times on osu!direct

Screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140318.6 (latest)
Marcin
Does it happen after you go into osu!direct without doing a thing?
Topic Starter
Angelo
It's happening when I was downloading beatmaps then many beatmaps loads when i scroll down but the same map was loading endlessly ... i don't remember exactly sorry :?
But i think i'm the only one who gets this because people are not complaning about it on the forum, since the last update I have weird bugs with osu!direct like maps not loading if I don't look into qualified or something like that and I have also the loading text like bugging all the time, here is a video showing the problem :

peppy
Turn on "show downloaded maps" for now to fix it.
peppy
I can't find a case which replicates this. Are you still able to reproduce it using any specific steps?
Topic Starter
Angelo
I cannot do it now since b20140320.1, i try everything but it doesn't work anymore, sorry ;_;

EDIT : I've got this :

"Chai Found Music Workshop - Chikuzei -GEAR UP-" by xierbaliti displays twice, i don't know exactly how i get this.
Eden333

Angelo wrote:

Problem Details: Here is my problem, a single map is displaying multiple times on osu!direct

Screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140318.6 (latest)

Confirmed, i had the same bug
peppy
You can confirm all you want, but unless you are going to provide a method of reproduction I can't really help.
TheVileOne
idk why this is confirmed without replication steps.
Topic Starter
Angelo
Another screenshot + video showing the same problem in b20140328.4

Here are the steps :

I go on osu!direct interface and then three beatmaps appear and the last one is displaying multiple times.
( I have all beatmaps installed without "One direction", that's why these 3 maps displays :P )
MillhioreF
Looking at the video, it may have something to do with very slow internet connections. Moving to low priority.
Topic Starter
Angelo
Since this update , beatmaps loads very slowly, before it was really fast, it's not because i have a "very slow internet connections". When i'm downloading like 20 beatmaps, i just need to wait 30 seconds max. So it's not my connection but it's maybe due to servers lags or something like that.
I have the bug because i already downloaded all beatmaps except the three that are shown on the screenshot and on the video.
MillhioreF
I'm not experiencing the slow loading, and I don't have enough hard drive space to download thousands of maps to test having very few. Gonna have to get someone else to confirm this...

Edit: I have every map before about September 2012, so I scrolled down in the results until I got there, and then the last page kept repeating as long as I kept scrolling down. Possibly related.
SoulSpeed
First of all I want to make clear that it hasn't anything to do with internet connection speeds.
From what I've experienced it has to do with the "Newest" searching AND Osu! knowing that you don't have maps older than newest but can't list them due the restriction and for some reason it lists that last/oldest result again.
Let me try to explain:
Let's say "Newest" is 3 months range.
I'm missing maps through "Newest" for 5 months.
Downloading all those missing maps from latest to oldest within this listing type.
While downloading (or not) keep on scrolling down to list more results until the Cap is reached.
When reached, the following scrolldowns adds a duplicate and adds +100 the results found for ever duplicate

I got this on my own PC, replicated it at my moms laptop since I just installed Osu! so had to DL maps anyways (duplicate thread, sorry)
Then TRIED to replicate it again at my own PC to no avail the next day. Just 2 new maps.
This is probable because I already have all the newest maps within the range DL'ed
So, my guess is:
As long as your "Newest" search result reaches the Cap range with an un-downloaded map, you can replicate it.

Edit:
Ok, i tried to replicate it again and it didn't work.
My currentl search results while typing this is 117k+
So my new guess is that the search (engine) craps out and shows this small bug.
Ephemeral
tried to replicate this following above post's instructions and couldn't
Kagamin3-chan
Tried twice and both times it started at about 2k maps where it endless repeats the last 100 results.
SoulSpeed

Ephemeral wrote:

tried to replicate this following above post's instructions and couldn't
As I said in my Edit, it isn't replicatable every time but rather a random hick-up in the search engine
Sometimes at 2k, 5k, 6k, 23k results, it's being really random. Thanks for trying though :)

G4R4Su wrote:

Tried twice and both times it started at about 2k maps where it endless repeats the last 100 results.
Wow, first time i'm seeing this kinda hick-up, normally it's the same map repeated over and over again, yours is the hundred results :o
Rav
Happens to random beatmaps. But yes it happens
smoogipoo
Fixed in latest test build.
Topic Starter
Angelo
Thanks for fixing this bug smoogipooo :)
But you forgot to mark the topic as resolved :?
smoogipoo
I let others mark it as resolved unless others post that the problem's fixed and I get here before the rest of the support team. I do this so others can test it and I get a second confirmation.

Marking as resolved.