forum

Mania Survey #2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maiz94
Alright then, since Aqo said this is ridiculous poll.

Content slightly changed.

So, go ahead, list out of mania mappers that you like / favorited regardless if it's ranked or unranked.
Aqo
this poll is ridiculous, you should add at least 20 more mappers before anybody can think about voting for something like this

also, the op should include a list of maps selected by the mappers themselves to represent their current mapping style.

just off the top of my head, Entozer has the following maps ranked: ChaiN De/structioN, Burst The Gravity, Gigantic O.T.N, Dynasty, Oni Kanojo
unless I'm bad at counting that's 5, why isn't he in the poll?
even with a rule as restrictive as 5 ranked maps there's still a ton of people you forgot
and it REALLY shouldn't be limited to this seeing as mania ranking is tiny at the moment and most people play unranked charts by the same mappers

I'd link some stuff myself but it seems like mappers are recently enjoying deleting their own maps so I'd leave it to mappers themselves to decide if they want to be mentioned but the current poll is just a joke and shouldn't exist.

how do I vote for hanyuu? agka? richardfeder? skalim? _suwako_? amai choco? chocoliti? pewpewpew? proguy? shi-ra? lein? the list goes on...
imariL

Aqo wrote:

this poll is ridiculous, you should add at least 20 more mappers before anybody can think about voting for something like this

also, the op should include a list of maps selected by the mappers themselves to represent their current mapping style.

just off the top of my head, Entozer has the following maps ranked: ChaiN De/structioN, Burst The Gravity, Gigantic O.T.N, Dynasty, Oni Kanojo
unless I'm bad at counting that's 5, why isn't he in the poll?
even with a rule as restrictive as 5 ranked maps there's still a ton of people you forgot
and it REALLY shouldn't be limited to this seeing as mania ranking is tiny at the moment and most people play unranked charts by the same mappers

I'd link some stuff myself but it seems like mappers are recently enjoying deleting their own maps so I'd leave it to mappers themselves to decide if they want to be mentioned but the current poll is just a joke and shouldn't exist.
Ishi said: GD maps aren't included
Aqo

Chocoliti wrote:

Ishi said: GD maps aren't included
That kind of restriction really doesn't make sense though. Is it implying it takes less effort to map a difficulty for GD than your own submitted set...? usually 85%+ of the work goes into the Another difficulty and the lower difficulties are just short basic patterns that take a little to map since they have a few objects and basic patterns

I'm pretty sure nobody is voting for their favorite mappers based on a [Mapper's Easy] GD... if you're making a voting like this, make it based on the maps people actually play.
Drace
My top five for everything goes:

1 - Agka
2 - Lieselotte
3 - Cuppp
4 - Entozer
5 - HanzeR

Honorable mention - ExPew

I agree the poll restrictions are bullocks
Aqo
oh yeah Cuppp's maps are so fun <3
Topic Starter
Maiz94
Yeah, I have mistakenly created this thread without thinking twice. So, go ahead.. List out of your favorite mania mappers that you love the most.
Xcrypt
1) Entozer (two faced hammer best map ever!)
2) Agka
3) Lieselotte
A lot of other mappers I like though but this is my top3 ^^
Agka
1) Entozer
2) Kommisar
3) Ripazhakgggdkp
4) ishimaru94
5) ExPew

Honorable mention: HanzeR, Lieselotte

... Yeah. Outside of o!m I have a few other favorites but.
Ryu Sei
- ishimaru94
- Entozer
- Roxas
- Spy
- 17VA
PyaKura
No particular order :

ExPew
Entozer
Lieselotte
Agka (SVs ftw)
17VA

I'd put luyuja up there as well but I have a friggin' big love/hate relationship with his maps fffffff'
Kamikaze
1) Entozer
2) LeiN-
3) Lieselotte
4) Reikosaka
5) WhiteAries
Pinecone
1. WhiteAries
2. Luyuja
3. Chocoliti
4. Lieselotte
5. victorica_db
lukinhox
1. __M A S__
2. 17VA
3. Kuo Kyoka
4. DJPop
5. Skalim
moni
1. 17VA
2. - R u m i a -
3. Spy
4. Entozer
5. Simple_Star
kuuderes_shadow
I don't pay much attention to who made the map. I'm more interested in the map itself. And the song.
PyaKura

kuuderes_shadow wrote:

I don't pay much attention to who made the map. I'm more interested in the map itself. And the song.
Some mappers really have their own mapping-style if you look carefully. Take Ento's maps, they all feature some parts in common (ranging from the basic drum-based patterns to the omgbursts).
Bobbias
I actually order my maps by creator specifically because I find the easiest way to discover more good maps is by checking out who made a map you like, and taking a look at their other maps.