forum

[Archived] Can revive after sudden death in multiplayer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KosMos_pv
Problem Details:

This happens only in multiplayer. In solo sudden death works as intended.
When I miss beginning of slider but hit it for 100 or 50 points I can refill my HP bar and return to game when sudden mod is enabled. But if I miss a single note I die and can't come back.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

I added annotations to show what's happening.

Is this behaviour of sudden death intended in multiplayer or this is a bug?
osu! version: 20140318.6 (latest)
Abel
in fact, the mod is working how it should, even if you revive, you missed one note, and you died, thats his job, reviving depends on you tho
TheVileOne
No bug here. You can revive in multiplayer.
Topic Starter
KosMos_pv
I know that I can revive in multi. But I mean when I play with sudden death and missed slider I can finish map with some rank (not failed). But I thought if sudden mod is enabled I must get full combo with this mod otherwise combo is lost and i finish as failed. Here combo breaks on slider, I lose HP and can restore it.

I played some easy map in multi and made screenshot. In this screenshot you can see that I lost HP and got back several times with SD enabled. Is this OK?

Doomsday is Bad
Revive works as:

If you get a full HP bar while dead you revive.

So all suddendeath does is kill you in one note. It does not stop you from reviving.

This is not a bug.
DENKOUSEKKA

Mahiro Yasaka wrote:

Revive works as:

So all suddendeath does is kill you in one note. It does not stop you from reviving.

This is not a bug.
Really? When I played with Sudden Death on multiplayer when I missed a note I wasn't able to revive myself and the HP gauge never filled, not even a little.
I haven't played with Sudden Death on so I don't know how it works now.
Doomsday is Bad

Yularia wrote:

Mahiro Yasaka wrote:

Revive works as:

This is not a bug.
Really? When I played with Sudden Death on multiplayer when I missed a note I wasn't able to revive myself and the HP gauge never filled, not even a little.
I haven't played with Sudden Death on so I don't know how it works now.
May have misread this, Although, I wouldn't call this a major thing. Due to the outcome would have you as failed at the end anyway.

Suddendeath should work as follows. Miss one note and fail.

To be honest. I think it should keep you dead in multiplayer. But it seems I have no clue.