forum

DK tour: MayonasuChallenge!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mayoi Hachikuji
Old
Since we had success with the last tournament, Another one will be made soon. This is not a follow-up to the RDOC as that will be held in July.

I am writing this here already since it might help us get players sooner. The earlier people know this, the better.

Ideas behind the tournament.

The organisers:
Mayoi Hachikuji
Plasticsmoothie

Either 8 or 16 players.
Invites + qualifiers.
It will be held in April on the weekend from the 11th to 13th. (Friday --> Sunday).

More info soon! So stay tuned! :3

I have been very busy lately, but finally i manage to get some time to actually write this..

Invites have already been sent out to several players, though it was done very late but i am sure people with actual interest will join up quickly.

The tournament will consist of 16 players whom have either been invited because of rank or because of their play in the "RDOC".

Brackets will be single elimination and seeds will be completely random.

But this time things are different!!! :D

In Ro16 and Ro8 the map picks and map pool will be different.

6 maps consisting of each of the following mods: Nomodx2 Hidden, Hardrock, DT. Freemod -> Tiebreaker.

What this means is, people won't be choosing maps but everyone has to play the exacly same. This forces players to really practice the maps hard and prepare for every mod. The player with the most all-around skill will be favored. This will most certainly show whom the more skilled player is.

Play time will be between Saturday and sunday since setup time at the lan which i and some other Osu! players will be attending, opens up at 18:00 friday.

Mappools for Ro16 and Ro8 will be available later today. Kotayo has already made the finals mappoo (Thank you Kotayo <3). The semi finals and finals will be played just like any other normal Osu! cup.

This might just be a wall of text, but damned if i have time to make everything. :D
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bracket![Insane]

(Maps + times + players will be coming here soon).

rules
Simple rules: Single elimination, maps played in the order as written in the spoiler called "Maps".

Thats all for now!
Kotayo
i'll help if you need me :D
Topic Starter
Mayoi Hachikuji

Kotayo wrote:

i'll help if you need me :D
OAAAHH KOTAYO DEFENDING HIS MAYONASU AWARD!!! <3<3<3<3<3

Thanks a lot Kotayo! I owe you another one! :3
Kotayo
well yeah....no one touches my award except for me....because you know

>it's mine<
Topic Starter
Mayoi Hachikuji

Kotayo wrote:

>it's mine<

Still a fresh feeling of mayonaise on it!
Kotayo

Mayoi Hachikuji wrote:

Kotayo wrote:

>it's mine<

Still a fresh feeling of mayonaise on it!

your death will be slow and painful....and full of kittens scratching you to death so i guess it's kind of cute as well
TraxieChan
Topic Starter
Mayoi Hachikuji

TraxieChan wrote:

Count me in! :D
Great success! Gonna be fun to have you in! ^_^
PlasticSmoothie
I'm trying to work out a schedule atm to figure out how streaming is going to work assuming we have 16 players.
DipG
JEG ER MAX PÅ
Mayunnaise
I kan også regne med mig
Kazutakee
I'll take the challenge up again! ;D
Tropians
Why not :P
Xytox
The mayonnaise tournament is real.
TimG

Gupply wrote:

JEG ER MAX PÅ
^Det han sagde.
Nickyeh
Meh... Har ikke noget at lave i den her weekend alligevel.
Might as well go for it again.

#LateParticipation
Kazutakee
Ud fra hvad jeg kan se, så mangler vi 4 personer. Jeg tror godt jeg kan hjælpe med at finde personerne, men så er brackets fyldt op fra Ro16 og Ro8.
Skal vinderen af A f.eks så kæmpe mod vinderen af E ved semifinalerne eller??? :?
PlasticSmoothie
HEY MENNESKER

Her er rimelig kaos herude - mange har meldt fra + Mayoi har nogle sc2 turneringer at se til. men vi har fundet ud af at starte det her kl. 19 også køre det lidt efter hvad vi kan få til at fungere.

Vi har ikke tid til at streame og kommentere alle matches, så det kommer nok til at være sådan at vi enten prioritere/trækker lod så vi kan prøve at få de mest spændende med.
Good luck! <3
Topic Starter
Mayoi Hachikuji
Det er et kæmpe mess + jeg ikke kan slå plasticsmoothie karaoke. T_T Håber jeg kommer til det. Men vi har kun en casting desk så det bliver meget besværligt. Desuden tror jeg størstedelen vil se Sc2 på main stage hvis det er. Men vi prøver vores bedste.
Kazutakee
Hvis der er nogen der har meldt fra, hvor mange er vi så? Skal brackets så ændres? :?
PlasticSmoothie
Du tror kun du nogensinde ville kunne slå mig i karaoke :D (hvis nu bare jeg ikke var skide syg med hæs hals)
Topic Starter
Mayoi Hachikuji

PlasticSmoothie wrote:

Du tror kun du nogensinde ville kunne slå mig i karaoke :D (hvis nu bare jeg ikke var skide syg med hæs hals)
So excuses now. :P
PlasticSmoothie
Jeg battler dig gerne alligevel! Don't think I'd drop out of a karaoke fight for anythin'!
Tropians
I cant start playing before 16.30 >.<
Kazutakee
Så er der nogen der ved, om vi skal spille i dag? :?