forum

UNDEAD CORPORATION - Everything will freeze

posted
Total Posts
show more
ikin5050
you can do 1/8 slider stream with each slider at 1/4 speed?
Kyubey

Ntasuto wrote:

this whole sentence
But there's no nonsense. The whole part was edited with TicClick and Ekoro and they decided to use 1/4 there. Using 1/8 would make rhythm unnecessary complicated.
Ntasuto

Kyubey wrote:

Ntasuto wrote:

this whole sentence
But there's no nonsense. The whole part was edited with TicClick and Ekoro and they decided to use 1/4 there. Using 1/8 would make rhythm unnecessary complicated.

"Unnecessary complicated"?
But that is the song. and complicated for who ? Give the map to a new player he will say that his map is complicated anyways. it's 7.65, it is obviously aimed for the Top Trier players. You believe that these players never encountered 1/8 notes/sliders throughout their osu career and will be complicated for them ? You keep saying the same thing with other words, so i will repeat myself.

You don't know what each player is capable of and this is a fact !
Lally
to much bla bla here o3o re-gratz \o3o/
Kyubey

Ntasuto wrote:

complicated for who
It's just complicated for mapper and he decided to make that rhythm easier, there's nothing wrong, this is his way to map it and it's totally allowed.
Ntasuto

Kyubey wrote:

Ntasuto wrote:

complicated for who
It's just complicated for mapper and he decided to make that rhythm easier, there's nothing wrong, this is his way to map it and it's totally allowed.
So you mean that when a mapper says " I want my map ranked as it is coz it's my way of mapping " you just say ok , no problem !
And instead of helping the mapper with the complicated parts, you tell him to maps it the way he can , so you avoid the fuss . right ?

If this is complicated for the mapper why would he create a 7.65 star map in the first place? There is the lunatic and extra. He wanted to make something even harder.
Kyubey

Ntasuto wrote:

So you mean that when a mapper says " I want my map ranked as it is coz it's my way of mapping " you just say ok , no problem !
Yes, I just check if there is no unrankable issues and then rank it.

Ntasuto wrote:

And instead of helping the mapper with the complicated parts, you tell him to maps it the way he can , so you avoid the fuss . right ?
Why would I force mapper to add some excess stuff if he doesn't want to?

Ntasuto wrote:

If this is complicated for the mapper why would he create a 7.65 star map in the first place? There is the lunatic and extra. He wanted to make something even harder.
Because he wanted. And he wanted to make it hard without adding unnecessary things like 1/8 notes. What's wrong?
Ntasuto

Kyubey wrote:

Why would I force mapper to add some excess stuff if he doesn't want to?
Simply because most of these 1/4 notes DO NOT exists in the song , its clearly 1/8!

*back to the topic btw*
MMzz
Damn, nice.
Kyubey

Ntasuto wrote:

Simply because most of these 1/4 notes DO NOT exists in the song , its clearly 1/8!
TicClick with Ekoro decided to use 1/4 there, because it follows song much better instead of complicated mix of 1/8 and other things, that means 1/4 is the best decision there confirmed by respected and experienced QAT, and this won't be changed.
BeatofIke
The last boss map of 2015
Congratulations Ekoro 8-)
Ntasuto

Kyubey wrote:

Ntasuto wrote:

TicClick with Ekoro decided to use 1/4 there, because it follows song much better instead of complicated mix of 1/8 and other things, that means 1/4 is the best decision there confirmed by respected and experienced QAT, and this won't be changed.
How does something that doesn't even exist follows the song. It doesn't belong in the song, it means that you create your own rhythm. How is this even acceptable when there is obviously a solution to it ? There are so many complicated maps out there using various mixes of 1/2 1/4 1/8 that noone has any issue with them. Why is this an exception ?
Kyubey

Ntasuto wrote:

Why is this an exception ?
Because QAT decided that will be the best way to follow these sounds without making complicated rhythm.

Ntasuto wrote:

How is this even acceptable when there is obviously a solution to it ?
This will make map better. If you still want to argue, try to argue about it with TicClick, if you don't believe me.
Aka
i think everyone already got that kyubey and ntasuto has different points of view. now we can at least try to calm down and wait for a little bit, to see what others think about this 1/8 statement.
like, i dont feel comfortable with 1/8 yellow notes, i just cant. you are talking about other maps, okay, what are "others"? which? show them, please. noone of undead corporation songs has such stuff you want to do here. and noone other streamy songs has something like streams on yellow 1/8s at !240! bpm. prove me if i am wrong, i want to see it
also i am pretty much surprised you didnt contact directly the mapper and telling all of this to us, in the thread NOW. no one else as the person who mapped this set can explain you why he did this and doesnt want that
N5U5M7R5
No one can tap 240bpm 1/8s
It's like 480bpm 1/4s..
Jenny
Wait are we actually talking about 240BPM 1/8?

If it's stacks of 3, sure - it's kind of an edge case but I can see it work out if integrated well.
If it's stacks of 5, maybe - needs even more proper integration and structure to not feel totally awful; alternatively, you could use a 3*1/8 kickslider into a jump to the next object, that gets similar intensity timingwise without breaking everything through the sheer speed of buttonmashing.

tl;dr 1/8 (notes or gaps) are not /bad/, but they certainly need a lot of consideration and experience to work with properly
Zero__wind
yes
nice
here we go again
Koiyuki
Map should be designed not only following the beats, but also considering for playing.

Anyway, gratz on requalified.
Nathan
I think using 1/4 just for the sake of not using 1/8 is enough of a reason lol

Minakami Yuki wrote:

Map should be designed not only following the beats, but also considering for playing.
Ntasuto

Aka wrote:

i think everyone already got that kyubey and ntasuto has different points of view. now we can at least try to calm down and wait for a little bit, to see what others think about this 1/8 statement.
like, i dont feel comfortable with 1/8 yellow notes, i just cant. you are talking about other maps, okay, what are "others"? which? show them, please. noone of undead corporation songs has such stuff you want to do here. and noone other streamy songs has something like streams on yellow 1/8s at !240! bpm. prove me if i am wrong, i want to see it
also i am pretty much surprised you didnt contact directly the mapper and telling all of this to us, in the thread NOW. no one else as the person who mapped this set can explain you why he did this and doesnt want that

If my eyes don't deceive me you added the " 240! bpm" after a quick edit. I guess you did that to limit my options. ok then here is a list:

And don't forget i never said anything about making 1/8 streams. if you check at my template i sent you you will see for yourself. i am talking about notes placed on 1/8. It was merely for the purpose of seeing of where the 1/8 beats i talk about are and a small wait of how it could be mapped. I can't tell the mapper where to place the notes on the map and if he should put 3 single tap 1/8 notes or use a 1/8 reverse slider instead. Looks like neither you did check the file i sent you.

Maybe not 240bpm but about that close 205+ close.

1. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/55560
  2. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/95382
  3. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/262302
  4. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/83975
  5. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/83975
Ntasuto

Jenny wrote:

Wait are we actually talking about 240BPM 1/8?

If it's stacks of 3, sure - it's kind of an edge case but I can see it work out if integrated well.
If it's stacks of 5, maybe - needs even more proper integration and structure to not feel totally awful; alternatively, you could use a 3*1/8 kickslider into a jump to the next object, that gets similar intensity timingwise without breaking everything through the sheer speed of buttonmashing.

tl;dr 1/8 (notes or gaps) are not /bad/, but they certainly need a lot of consideration and experience to work with properly
this is maybe the best thing i read so far since the time i said that 1/8 notes/sliders should be used instead of 1/4 that is now.

As i said before the 1/8 beats can be mapped in many ways and i know that 1/8 streams are crazy... which i never suggested. This all happens coz of 1 reason. NOONE even bothered downloading and checking my template or maybe understanding that i has 0 streams in it.

A *1 white to blue/ blue to red , has the same timing space as a *2yellow to yellow. Its just different. and since there are so many 1/4 streams and kicksliders using the *1 way, how is *2 impossible ? it's all about timing !

Edit: For those who may be wondering what is in the file i pushed here it is : http://puu.sh/gEUJv/46279b2044.jpg
No streams, white to yellow to blue to yellow to red as most of people think i suggest. Only problem is (8) (9) which i already stated that i am not sure about it
captin1
using 1/4 over 1/8 is still fine

can you do us a favor and stop

now
Monstrata
Downloaded Ntasuto's version: Here's what it looks like for anyone too lazy to dl:

Yea lol. None of this was ever about 1/8 streams

Yea... it's unnecessarily complicated imo, also, these 3/8 gaps seem really difficult to play...
Ntasuto
Well, i guess that's it. Run of our resources, got nothing more to say. Up to the QAT. I highly doubt that anything will change.

Enjoy your rerank Ekoro.
Frostmourne
I have sneakily observed this map xD

Congratz for the requalify!!
Vuelo Eluko
it's not your map, you can't just demand it get unqualified because you would have mapped some part of it differently than the mapper who made it did. jesus
FappyBabes
congrats for the re-rank!
FappyBabes
RIP doomday's score :P
Nakano Itsuki
Yay reranked :)
Congrats Ekoro!
Athrun
Gratz Ekoro!!
K-2
Hi Ekoro

[Time Freeze]

Did you set 4th note's clap sound on purpose?
I think 5th is better.

I miss 4 times in taiko and I know this.
If this is your purpose, Do not care pls.
Juuryoushin
@^:

Kyubey wrote:

Map wasn't made for Taiko.
EDIT: You can still play my unranked diffs, they are in the map's description in case you want a real map. :3
-[ Kami ]-

Lunaris Filia wrote:

Hi Ekoro
[Time Freeze]

Did you set 4th note's clap sound on purpose?
I think 5th is better.

I miss 4 times in taiko and I know this.
If this is your purpose, Do not care pls.
I think 3th is better.
Mismagius
good job on rerank, just ignore these mad people that can't accept that a hard map is ranked and will try to create any argument to get it unranked
Ovoui
Ekopro ;w; (nice sb btw)
Ciyus Miapah

Blue Dragon wrote:

good job on rerank, just ignore these mad people that can't accept that a hard map is ranked and will try to create any argument to get it unranked
because they cant deal with reality
lit120
re-gratz man. let's warm our fingers up
Cherry Blossom
Re Gratz Ekoro.
Don't care of these guys who complain about circles, when they can't play the whole map nor understand your view point.
wendao
inb4 there's an unsnapped circle and must be disqualified

jk, congrats Ekoro aka _LRJ_
ERUMIKO
show more