forum

Osu! Trivia Bot

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
With the trivia bot would be the #trivia channel.

Sample Question 1: What artist are the "James Training" maps of?
Answer: B4U

Sample Question 2: Who is the creator of "Osu!"?
Answer: Dean Herbert (or peppy, whichever is preferred)

Or something along those lines. Thoughts?
arien666
It seems good idea :3
I played trivia and it's good :3

Support +1
NoHitter
Trivia without a REWARD?
nintendoto
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Aoitenshi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Nymne
No rewards, but a separate ranking for trivia on the website would be sweet.
Zekira
...I always loved TriviaBots. Support.
Gemi
Ph0X
Yep, could be fun for passing time.

Another idea would be setting up something similar to "pTransl" where people can post osu! related questions (or other ones too maybe) and people would vote for the questions they like.
But then, people would know the questions and their answers.
Maybe simply mix those question in the middle of alot of other non-related questions or have them filtered by couple of trivia mods instead of having everyone see and vote them.

About the rewards, maybe couple xp but not a whole level.
Seperate point system sounds better though.
Jarby
Oh god, no.
Echo
I have some code for an irc bot which I used for the/my mafia bot. It could easily (as in easily) modified to do anything you want (possibly except rape)
Azure_Kite

Echo wrote:

(possibly except rape)
It could probably do that too. This Trivia Bot sounds cool :D
Shinde
I think this is a good idea if implemented properly. A #trivia channel with a bot in it would be kind of fun imo. I think the main problem would be who would write up all the Q and A's, then who would code it. (Though Echo seems like he could take care of this part?)

I think a database with everyone whose participated so far's number of correctly answered questions would be a good idea. (Ex. After each correct answer, the bot is like 'Correct-blah-blah, Hito has moved up to rank #4 in trivia, with 63 correct answers to date. etc.)

I don't think exp should be awarded for Total Level/etc though. osu! trivia is osu! triva, osu! is osu!, best to keep them separate.

I'm a little worried about spam, but maybe I'm overestimating how many people would be interested in participating. Also, there's the language barrier problem come to think of it. I'd feel a little bad if all the questions were in English, since if you don't speak English, you're missing out on a feature. I might be worrying for nothing there though.

Well, either way it'd need to be run by peppy, to see what he thinks and if he'd make a #trivia channel and allow it. orz
Synthesis
Haha, trivia bots in StarCraft were awesome.
Ph0X

Synthesis wrote:

Haha, trivia bots in StarCraft were awesome.
Good old times.
Derekku
PM the trivia bot; Answer a certain amount of questions correctly; Receive a new achievement?

Doesn't sound too bad :P I think it's a cute idea.
Echo
Probably in its own channel?
Zekira

First Post wrote:

With the trivia bot would be the #trivia channel.
Derekku
If it's a one-person-at-a-time type of game, I would think that a PM would work better, but if multiple people can answer (like playing a mafia game in #mafia with a bot), then yeah, a new channel would be great.
qlum
Pokebis
I really don't think this is the best idea, just have some people put together trivia questions for a thread on the forums or something. You could even play through PMs.
Ephemeral

qlum wrote:

only problem who is willing to make the trivia
I code light irc bots in python all the time.

Shouldn't be too hard to whip one up. Given enough time I could probably have it output its own ranking charts too.

Don't take this as a guarantee that I'll finish it, though.
Gemi
You can find existing code quite easily:

http://scripts.irssi.org/html/quizmaster.pl.html
Ph0X
Yea there are lots of quizbot irc codes out there. That's definitly not a problem.
Esupanitix
+9001
Trivia sounds awesome. How about copypasta rights so I can do this? ۞_۟۞

EDIT: How about after winning a certain amount of times, you get a free osu! Subscription?
bmin11
Kitsunemimi
@_@ moar bots...

I'm neutral on this one.
show more