forum

Game Suggestion Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ceph23
I want to try making something like this.
So yeah. Maybe this is a good idea or maybe not, but since there was nothing like this in these forums and it crossed my mind, I made one nonetheless. 8-)

Lets try to make this like the other suggestion threads.
Title says it all really. If you are like me and want to satisfy your gaming cravings but don't really know what to play, then this is the thread for you!!! (maybe)
Post here any type of game you want to play and hopefully someone comes and saves you from your button mashing slumber.

To make things easier and clearer, when Posting requests:
  1. Specify the genre of game you want to play.
  2. If you can, give examples of the type of game you want.
  3. If you've played multiple games of the same genre/type and are looking for something similar, list the games you have played/finished
  4. Specify what console you want to play it on.
  5. Give a brief description of what you are looking for. Maybe you want a Doujin style game, maybe you want something along the lines of cooperative play, or maybe you want something free. Anything goes. Just keep it short but informative.
Also some guidelines for answering requests:
  1. Specify why you suggested the game
  2. If the requester did not specify the console they prefer to play it on. List down all the consoles they are available on.
  3. Try to suggest as much as you can. Who knows, one of the things you suggest might help other people looking for something similar.
  4. Give your own opinion of the game. I'm sure some people want to hear other people's thoughts on any game. I know I do :)
  5. Try to give a link to a description of the game or it's official website. People seem to forget that some games have their own websites that answers a lot of questions pertaining the game.
Also please avoid spamming a single game title that has absolutely nothing to do with a request. No one wants that. Seriously.

Soooooo that's about it. Hope you guys find what you are looking for and hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a bad idea.
Happy gaming!!!!
DestinySonata
Let's try this out :D I have played a lot of games in the PSP and PC, so I'm having a hard time finding a new game to play. The examples I put aren't all that I've played, but they should give an idea on what game I would like to play. I do want it to be strictly JRPG though, so no VN cross-genre. I do like Touhou games, so any Touhou JRPG game would be nice.

Console: PC / PSP
Genre: JRPG
Examples:
  1. Eiyuu Densetsu VI: Sora no Kiseki SC (PC)
  2. Touhou Labyrinth II (PC)
  3. Hexyz Force (PSP)
  4. 7th Dragon 2020 (PSP)
Anything goes, I guess, when it comes to Doujin style games, indie and things like that.
Quest
Try out the Tales of MMO games.
I would highly recommend Tales of Vesperia (TOV)
Infact, any Tales game is great. >:(
DestinySonata
I did play Tales, but sadly I don't have a PS3 to keep going with the series :(
EineKrone
Final Fantasy Tactics - War of the Lions(the original for PSone is one of my favorite games of all time(also, first FF game I played '-'), but it didn't had pvp battles... problem solved now :D)
Disgaea - Afternoon of Darkness.(tsun demons, special effects, insane story-telling... amazing :p)
Persona series(3 is considered the best(4 too, but it doesn't have a port for psp...))
Tactics Ogre - Let us cling together(a FFT sucessor of sorts. Many good changes, from how far I got on it I liked the story. Just the classes that I don't feel comfortable with)
Valkyrie Profile - Lenneth(actually didn't play this one(YET!), but seems like you could like it)
maybe Phantasy Star, seems out of place...(and too slow for me, but if you like mmo you could love it)

All for PSP ;)
DestinySonata
I've played all those but Tactics Ogre. I heard it's very much like FFT! So I'll maybe try that (as soon as I get my hands on a copy T_T)
EineKrone
Pay attention that the system for classes is different. Getting some classes needs you to get this and this stat to this much, having this item, getting this badge(badges are like achievements, but per character. like "this soldier killed 20 person with barehands" or so.
Also,
SPOILER
Naginatas! *-*
DestinySonata
Ah, that's pretty interesting! Makes getting classes more fun~
EineKrone
Fun yes, like how normally anyone can be a mage... here you need to be smart enough :p
But I feel confused by the classes, what to choose, which class I should turn the MC in... I suspect that comes from me only knowing Final Fantasy for a good time, so when a game uses non-standard classes my brain messes up ._.

Ah, makes me remember a patch a guy released for the ps1 version of FFT. He re-balanced all classes and items, changed some classes(what's a calculator? meh, now we have a red mage :D), and used dynamic enemy level scaling. Which means if you're lvl 20, that boss will be lvl 22-25. Which also made power-leveling a terrible idea.
Best patch ever, you had to think waaay more every battle. for god's sake, you remember the first tuto battle, on the church, where you just control the MC? Now the enemy leader has a recover passive, guys already start with skills, sword skills cost mana(nerf agrias and gafgarion pls)...
DestinySonata
I tend to grind a lot in RPGs, like how I went up to 60 during the first few areas in FFT! I'd love to see that patch for a change of pace <3
EineKrone
lvl 60? I finished it(at vanilla) at level 50 '-'
No time for grinding, gotta kill moar dragons.
Sapphiire_old_1
I found out i dont rly enjoy League of legends annymore looking for another game like a mmo that is free and isent pay 2 win
Topic Starter
Ceph23
Have you tried Phantasy star Online 2?
It's pretty good and from what I've heard from the creators, they are disgusted about the pay to win strategies of many MMOs so they might stay away from that path.
kirueggy

Ceph23 wrote:

Have you tried Phantasy star Online 2?
It's pretty good and from what I've heard from the creators, they are disgusted about the pay to win strategies of many MMOs so they might stay away from that path.
Judging how it has "2" in it's name is already giving me bad vibes lol