forum

"new map" button in edit song selection.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
happy30
eh. It just seems weird that it's still missing.
I feel silly for suggesting this actually

clicking the button will ask you to locate an mp3 file or so. obviously
this should be a lot more userfriendly
Stefan
You mean to start a new map (without dragging the Mp3 in the client, blabla)? if so, yeah please.
Topic Starter
happy30
yeah, dragging an mp3 file into the client doesnt seem really intuitive
Stefan
Finally a reason to drop a star.
sheela
Is it better if the button is under the "Drop an mp3 file here to start mapping!"?
Bara-
Will it also copy Image, Timing points Tags etc. just like with 'Save as new diff' or only BPM + Offset, artist, title, source etc.?
deadbeat

baraatje123 wrote:

Will it also copy Image, Timing points Tags etc. just like with 'Save as new diff' or only BPM + Offset, artist, title, source etc.?
copy it from where? the button is to start a new map, not a new difficulty :(
Bara-

deadbeat wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

copy it from where? the button is to start a new map, not a new difficulty :(
Oops, misunderstood it.
I thought that it was that if tou selected a map, and press that button, you'll get a map of the same song.
This could also be the case, so have a 2nd option with 'make a map of this song/map' or something like that
I feel so dumb right now
Oh. On a side note, what does that BLAMEANDREA2014 mean? Just wondering
Topic Starter
happy30
i didnt even know the "drop the mp3 there" thing existed, wow
anyway, the "new diff" option also feels missing when you are inside the editor, heh.
Kitokofox
This is how I'd see it:
In the map select, you could have one button saying "New Song" which brings up the file select menu, then heads right into the Song Setup, then sends you to the editor.
Beside it, is a "New Difficulty" button, where applicable.
I like the new map option, but it would be nice to display it as "New Song" and also mention there that you can drag an mp3 file to start a new song like before.