forum

[resolved] [confirmed] In-game country ranking does not show after first play

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Crimson Lacryma
Problem Details:

I played a certain map for the first time and my rankings were filtered by country. After I finished the map and returned to song selection, I can see that the score submitted (as reflected by the set personal best which is based on global ranking) but the score didn't show in the country ranking.

Deselecting and re-selecting the map or playing again for a higher score make the score show on the country rankings.

osu! version: 20140315.14 (latest)
Lanturn
I didn't get this problem when I cleared a map with the country filter already selected.

Did you leave the map too early that the score didn't finish submitting?

I left the map results screen as soon as I finished and ended up with a similar result to the OP. However this isn't an error, because a score can't show up if it hasn't been fully submitted when looking up Country rankings. Similar results will happen on all the other scoreboards as well.

To me, this just seems like the score submission took longer than it should have.. Once in a blue moon we've had an issue where scores took over an hour to apply but you could see it on the website, this has been long since fixed.
Topic Starter
Crimson Lacryma
So that's what's happening. I tried it again and the scores now show up fine. I have to choke osu!s upload speed manually just to replicate the results I've seen before. I guess it all goes down to slow upload speed that day.

I now deem this invalid since it doesn't work on ideal game conditions.
peppy
Country ranking can sometimes be seconds behind. This is because it is run on a separate database instance which can fall behind if too many requests are being handled. Country ranking (and friend/mod ranking) are quite intensive, so this is the only way it can work. Please refresh if it worries you.
Green Q
where to download?
Nathanael
Download what? ._.?