forum

Video Games for Low-spec PC's?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Thebossn00b
Free games :
osu! (of course), Spelunky, Cave Story, Momodora 2, almost every visual novel (Katawa Shoujo, Clannad to quote a few).

Not-free games :
Touhou (except 13.5/14), Terraria, Starcraft (the first), Warcraft 2/3, Age of Mythology, Age of Empires 1/2, Counter Strike Source (in fact, almost everything based on Source except DotA and Team Fortress), Starbound.
Trash Boat
wait, what are you saying? Touhou is free. that i know, ZUN created those games without expecting any profit for it. correct me if im wrong
Plus_old_1

Trash Boat wrote:

wait, what are you saying? Touhou is free. that i know, ZUN created those games without expecting any profit for it. correct me if im wrong
I'll correct you.

Those games aren't free, he sells them at conventions.
You can buy them at J-List.

Where do you think ZUN gets money for living?
Trash Boat

Plus wrote:

em, from Team Shanghai Alice, maybe?
Plus_old_1

Trash Boat wrote:

Plus wrote:

em, from Team Shanghai Alice, maybe?
you are aware that team shanghai alice is only ZUN right

and that the only thing team shanghai alice does are touhou games right
Trash Boat
oh i see, but you are aware that the "?" is missing, right?
grammar, right?
Plus_old_1
grammar is for losers
Azure_Kite
I believe Trash Boat should be placed on a Moderator queue which deletes his posts summarily after creation. You have never contributed anything worthwhile to a conversation.

On-Topic, Unreal Tournament Game of the Year Edition. It runs on happiness and unicorn poo.
nooph
the binding of isaac seems like a simplistic game, along with the basement collection.
Aniitan

Pizzicato wrote:

agarest: generations of war (have fun grinding)
touhou
Agarest is awesome isn't it!
I had it pre-ordered on steam. I got bonus gear, feels like cheating but I didn't really need to grind lol
--
try the games similar to Agarest! But I don't know if you can find good and multi-language subtitled ones
Trash Boat

Azure_Kite wrote:

You have never contributed anything worthwhile to a conversation.
i did contribute, you just don't take it seriously. and most of the time im unaware of certain stuff. not like you that you always get the latest news. I'm not everywhere all the time, you know?

On-topic: the former versions of Need for speed doesnt require that much, i think
Jarby
Retro emulation is probably the best bet for gaming on a netbook; sensible requirements for virtually everything prior to the PS1 era, simple controls that don't demand an external controller and screen size is mostly irrelevant. Physical copies for a lot of older games are still pretty cheap online if you're against pirating too.

[ xys ] wrote:

the binding of isaac seems like a simplistic game, along with the basement collection.
Isaac is pretty horribly optimized and definitely prone to slowdown. My laptop is pretty low end, but significantly more powerful than OP's and I still run the game in the smallest window and lowest graphic settings to prevent problems. It's really not a game that you want to be having performance issues with. Try the demo first.
Caam
try the witch's house
sades
You can always play with an Emulator. And as a personal suggestion, if you are into Mmorpg's, try Ragnarok Online.
El_Rurouni
Cave Story is a good game for low spec and it's free unless you get the steam version.
B1rd

ashketchum1234 wrote:

Anyone there knows some game that plays and runs smoothly on Low-Spec PC's? :?

I have a netbook with 1GB of RAM, 1.6GHz and Intel Atom processor with 1024x768 resolution... In short, an HP mini 210-1100

Low end is an understetement.
XPJ38
Re-Volt. It's an awesome RC car racing game released 15 years ago but still incredibly fun to play today. I used to play it on an old Pentium III @ 800 MHz, needless to say it will work on any modern configuration.
Witch Mercy
Hearthstone.
EineKrone
Cockatrice, a.k.a online Magic the Gathering. It's free, and I believe it's better than both Magic Workstation and the official Magic application(both paid).
You can even create games with more than 2 persons, not possible on Magic Workstation. 8 persons free-for-all XD

Or a GBA Emulator, but there are legal limitations attached to emulation(you need the original game(and technically, the image you're playing has to be dumped from your copy)).

Or RPG maker-and-similars games. I remember seeing some interesting ones, didn't finish none though.
Stefan
It surprises me that Faster Than Light hasn't been said.
Lemozade
Pong.
hashkx
How about Gothic 1,2 great Rpg game. I play it every year, because it's so fucking awesome or mini-games like Teeworlds, Slenderman those are nice to play for a hour~

If you play Gothic, you'll have to install mods too. It just makes the game smoother and better~
Paco
You should be able to play HeartStone with those specs. Really fun game! 8-)
kirueggy
The Powder Toy: http://powdertoy.co.uk/

Not really a game, more like a mini simulation tool; but it's fun as heck
White Hell_old
Flash game maybe 8-)
B1rd
Hmm... DOOM, Morrowind, they're both excellent games.
georgegu
Try this game called CrossFire:
http://crossfire.z8games.com/cf_ld/ld1/ ... om=&subid=

I quit once I got a better PC because I could run a lot more, but when I had a low-spec pc this was great.
Toyface
Osu! Elsword erm.. Maplestory? xD
Kurogamii
battleship fleet command, warcraft II/III, stronghold crusader, ages of empires (any ver.), rise of nations, NFS Underground 2 (i've play them on axioo pico)
Hinsvar
If you like FPS games, I think you can try AssaultCube. It's pretty fun in my opinion, and is very lightweight.

If you're into TBS (turn-based strategy), Battle for Wesnoth is a great choice.

Using emulators of consoles to play the games you like from certain game consoles is also an awesome choice, but at that spec, don't hope too much (I think my notebook's spec is twice yours and it's only capable of running ePSXe smoothly at best; I can only rarely get up to 60 fps with PCSX2, and it drops to ~20-30 most of the time).
NorskTorsk
First Halo maybe? Also the few first Battlefield games might run.

And some never ones might beGame Dev Tycoon, Reus and Savant - Ascent