forum

Unable to do a certain difficulty.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
innerstorm
I started OSU a couple of days ago, and have reached the ability to do most 4 stars and even 4.5 stars, but i am unable to improve anymore. Should i just keep playing to be able to finally do 5star maps or what?
Full Tablet
Yes.
scottyyy
Why do people expect to be good at a game after playing it for an hour? Do you play 5 games of League of Legends and expect to beat platinum players? Or play chess for 3 days and expect to beat grandmasters? I don't get it.
Valdyr
It's okay, he just has to realize that he's just at the very beginning and that all he's playing at the moment will feel like nothing if he keeps on playing steadily.

So just play, it's all about advancing through fun.
Antilx
Just play and you will improve.
eeezzzeee
Calm down you've only played a couple of days! I know I wasn't playing 4.5 stars when I just started lol
Gigo

innerstorm wrote:

Should i just keep playing to be able to finally do 5star maps or what?
Lol, what kind of question is that?! Of course you shouldn't play! Do you think the pro players became good at this game by playing? No, they became good by posting on the forums and asking retarded questions! So far you're doing an awesome job. Keep up the good work and you will be pro in no time.
buny
I've never read this before.
tsundoll
In every game mode it takes practice to be able to do hard stuff. It took me months to be able to do AR9 in Catch the Beat, now it's easy to me. Everyone has their own pace, and standard is no different.
Venumidas

scottyyy wrote:

Why do people expect to be good at a game after playing it for an hour? Do you play 5 games of League of Legends and expect to beat platinum players? Or play chess for 3 days and expect to beat grandmasters? I don't get it.

Believe it or not, there are alot causals out there who buy their "skill" and be instant pro having overpowered stuff. So they think all games work like that. Then they tried osu! and realised they are bad.
tokaku
No.
theburgerhd
I still suck at this game lol... if you're a fast learner then you can get better at it at an impressive time... but everyone needs to practice
Rewben2

Venumidas wrote:

Believe it or not, there are alot causals out there who buy their "skill" and be instant pro having overpowered stuff. So they think all games work like that. Then they tried osu! and realised they are bad.
What the hell do you mean by buying skill. Unless you're referring to pay-to-win games, osu! is just like any other game in the sense that you have to play to get better. I mean, in some games you can look up guides and such that will help you but this is not buying skill at all.
Caam
If you want to improve fast try a tablet or buy a really cheap tablet and keyboards wont matter in the long run.
Skvimpa

scottyyy wrote:

Do you play 5 games of League of Legends and expect to beat platinum players?.
Yes, they do.

This is the only reason why people blame the non-existent "elo hell".
deletemyaccount

Venumidas wrote:

scottyyy wrote:

Keep in mind that he mentioned two games that have no pay to win aspects whatsoever. Even in games with some pay to win elements, skill is still required to win regardless of "overpowered stuff".

As a reply to the OP, yes you should keep playing or quit if you don't feel like putting in the effort to actually improve.
piruchan
A couple of days and already 4.5 stars, isn't that a little too fast?
mcdoomfrag

piruchan wrote:

It isn't really that impressive, especially for anyone who has a rhythm game background and/or a decent aim with mouse.

And keep in mind that he already has half your play count, despite only starting a few days, and even that doesn't really matter. Different people progress at different rates, so you shouldn't really attempt to judge how good a player "should" be by his play count. Just play the game, practice and most importantly have fun and you will eventually get there.
buny

mcdoomfrag wrote:

piruchan wrote:

It isn't really that impressive, especially for anyone who has a rhythm game background and/or a decent aim with mouse.

And keep in mind that he already has half your play count, despite only starting a few days, and even that doesn't really matter. Different people progress at different rates, so you shouldn't really attempt to judge how good a player "should" be by his play count. Just play the game, practice and most importantly have fun and you will eventually get there.
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/93523 4.7
GoldenWolf
4.5 in game stars I guess, since new stars aren't implemented yet in the client
Pannari
...but you have been playing for less than a week.

Your playcount is still so low that you shouldn't even bother about harder maps yet, just play for the fun of it and keep a steady rate on improving.