forum

Hidden Scores

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
My Accuracy Sucks
What do I mean by hidden scores?
I mean the scores of players whose accounts have been banned/disabled, which are hidden, but still count in the rankings and cause players to have lower ranks when they are displayed higher.

So hidden scores have been around for a while, is there any plans to change how they work/fully exclude them from any form of ranking? it's frustrating to get a really high rank on a song and then look at it and find it 3-4 ranks lower than what it shows because of hidden scores. Those scores really shouldn't be there since the users who made them have been disabled/banned.

And yes, in case you're wondering, I made this thread because of this:
I cri evry tiem
TRIYP
poor MAS
Almost
+1 please fix.
Lach
The profiles of the users are only hidden, not removed entirely. http://puu.sh/7tfsc/baab060b57.png

I think there was a thread in tech support about this, actually. But at the moment, I think this is intended, that they're keeping the scores for some reason.

edit t/177941
AmaiHachimitsu
Most of players whose scores are now hidden wanted to quit so badly.

I think there's no need to keep their scores. We lose some historical scores but well, too bad. Without their accounts those guys will never play osu! again. It was their objective, wasn't it? Let's lend them a helping hand.

I think the reason behind hidden scores is either further investigation or saving the scores for possible "second chances".
Topic Starter
My Accuracy Sucks

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Most of players whose scores are now hidden wanted to quit so badly.

I think there's no need to keep their scores. We lose some historical scores but well, too bad. Without their accounts those guys will never play osu! again. It was their objective, wasn't it? Let's lend them a helping hand.

I think the reason behind hidden scores is either further investigation or saving the scores for possible "second chances".
I agree with this, but even if scores are saved for those second chances, it would be really nice if that were done in a way that doesn't mess up song rankings. On a related note, hidden accounts also affect your actual rank that is displayed, since it is different than the one you see if you go to the ranking list.
Purple
Why does it matter? You'd still be #2 to most people even if it was fixed. Hold on to your #1 that much and you'll get burned the moment it's taken away. Overall I do agree though that it should be fixed; but I'm not so sure about the "second chance" idea.
MillhioreF
I think it would be ideal to fix the ranking numbers to not take hidden scores into account. Thus the tech support thread Lach linked.