forum

getting better accuracy but overall still going down

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
defused bomb
I started this month off at about 97% accuracy. That was around when the new PP system rolled out. A few weeks ago I changed my style from tablet and keyboard to tablet tap and 1 keyboard button. At first I noticed my accuracy took a decent decrease. I went down to about 96.5. As time went on I got much better at this style than my previous so I decided I would go back to those songs I had around 91% on and try to get 95+% on them. For some reason now when I score higher accuracies on those songs, my accuracy goes down! I did overfly today because I had a pitiful 90% accuracy and got around 95% on it (also finally got my 1000x combo achievement) and my accuracy dropped a few hundredths down from around 96.30 to 96.28. I'm not sure what exactly what is going on. Anyone care to shed some light?
eeezzzeee
Is that the only song you played? It might have been dropped because of something else you played with bad accuracy in between the time it refreshes your stats in the game. Otherwise that doesn't make sense to me :o
Topic Starter
defused bomb

eeezzzeee wrote:

Is that the only song you played? It might have been dropped because of something else you played with bad accuracy in between the time it refreshes your stats in the game. Otherwise that doesn't make sense to me :o
No this has been going on for the past few days which is what I don't understand. I have improved my accuracy on many ranked songs and my accuracy continues to drop!
ivan
LOL. It's going down because you haven't played those difficulties before. You probably played easy and normal. It's how the system works. You got your old accuracy from other modes. Once you play a harder one it drops because you haven't gotten any good accuracys on that mode

EDIT: or you're just playing ,"insane or hard" songs that are just too easy for that level
Topic Starter
defused bomb

- Ivan wrote:

LOL. It's going down because you haven't played those difficulties before. You probably played easy and normal. It's how the system works. You got your old accuracy from other modes. Once you play a harder one it drops because you haven't gotten any good accuracys on that mode

EDIT: or you're just playing ,"insane or hard" songs that are just too easy for that level

It's definitely not from playing easier game modes. I only really play the hardest difficulty of the maps I play. It's the same song and same difficulty. Which is why I don't understand why my accuracy is dropping.
ivan

defused bomb wrote:

- Ivan wrote:

It's definitely not from playing easier game modes. I only really play the hardest difficulty of the maps I play. It's the same song and same difficulty. Which is why I don't understand why my accuracy is dropping.
Your accuracy is dropping because you're not getting the average accuracy for that mode. If you're 96% but you get 92-89% and get an A ranking ofc your accuracy would drop. It will only increase if you get 96% :P
Topic Starter
defused bomb
but if I had 90% on a song when I had 96% overall and then I score 95 whether or not it's below 96 or not I should still go up cause my average would increase.
TheVileOne
Hello defused_bomb ^_^

The basic way you get pp is by performing better which will place a song's play and stats associated with it at a higher placement on your list of performances and thus a higher weight to accuracy is applied to it. The way you describe your situation is unusual. The only way it would be possible as you described is if your lower accuracy performances are giving you more base pp than higher accuracy performance on your list. The deduction of accuracy is due to the higher accuracy performances losing weight.
ivan
x
Topic Starter
defused bomb
Hey Vile :). It definitely is strange. my PP does go up normally. But my accuracy going down was just kinda bumming me out. I guess I just have to shoot for above 96% on everything now :|
TheVileOne
Oh wait you said that you had 90% and then you improved it to something lower than your current accuracy. Well if you have a low amount of plays I can see this affecting your performance. You're bumping a low weighted 90% play to a more highly weighted 95% play and since this is lower than your average, it will affect your overall accuracy. The higher up on the list a map is, the more it counts towards your accuracy. A low performance will not affect your accuracy very much, but a highly listed performance will have a much more apparent effect. You should work on filling your top performances with much higher plays even if it means doing Hard modes with mods compared to playing Insanes. If it gives more accuracy then it's likely better.
aBunny
ive heard this from somewhere in the forums before but your accuracy is heavily weighted upon your top ranks. you might has a million 98% easy-normal scores but it wont matter if your top rank are all sub 90%

(although this was before pp change, idk how it works now but i think similar? X_X)