forum

[Idea] An approved osu! Stream Compilation 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bauxe

Legxis wrote:

Do you know why stream compilations start at low BPMs?
And players that can follow AR8 are very well able to stream far into it already.
Makes more sense to cater to the players who are going to beat the map, no people who will get only half way.

Also, have you ever played high BPM at low AR? The notes get mega stacked. I know this is a 'Stream Compilation' but the first stream compilation wasn't 100% streaming.
nooblet

[Sean] wrote:

Legxis wrote:

Do you know why stream compilations start at low BPMs?
And players that can follow AR8 are very well able to stream far into it already.
This was my main reasoning behind my choice. When the first compilation came out I could make it just barely half way. Now I'm nearing the end with a 1500+ combo. A lot of people can follow AR9 and 10, but the majority can't. It's a map aimed at highlighting the entertaining maps, not the hardest. If it was the latter I would of just said "approve the deathstream comp map pls.)".

I rather a map people can try their best at, not one to appease the elite.

Currently at work. Loving some of the suggestions. Will check them out when I'm home.
A lot of people can follow AR9 and 10 because it's the most comfortable AR for most people and the most commonly used AR for Insanes. The "majority" you're talking about that can't read AR9 consists of people who a) Can't even follow aim properly yet, b) Definitely can't stream high bpm's yet. A stream compilation map for people who can't stream to "try their best at" is just gonna be a mashfest with NF for them, it wouldn't even be fun, and I doubt any would even play till the end.

tl;dr AR8 is just stupid.
GoldenWolf
AR8 made some sense in the first compilation because most maps were designed for that AR back then (but even so, 200BPM+ AR8 is a pain orz)
Most Insanes since 2012 are designed for AR9 (because jumps/high spacing in general and faster sliders) so AR8 is a bad idea

I also fail to see the point of making a Stream Compilation "noobs friendly" with a low AR if they won't even get past the 180BPM range no matter what AR you pick...
thelewa
hell, wasn't EVERY map, aside from Rog-Limitation, AR8 in the old stream compilation anyway
Illkryn
Can confirm AR8 on high bpm is gay as hell
RaneFire
As much as I like AR8, most of the maps you will be considering are AR9. I don't see a reason to bring maps which were originally AR9 down to AR8 for the purpose of a compilation. People will also be practicing the original maps if they struggle on those sections in the compilation.

The lower BPM maps are just an "introduction" imo - if they're AR8 originally, it doesn't matter if you make them AR9. The maps closer to the end are the most critical, and should be an appropriate AR.

Those people who "can't read AR9" will have bigger problems reading higher bpm's at AR9, not the low bpm maps. If they have problems reading lower BPM's at AR9, then there is no way they can read higher BPM's at AR8, which they won't get to anyway, and those maps are originally AR9, so they won't be able to practice them either. Don't design for players who will only play half the map, rather make half a map for that.

nooblet wrote:

The "majority" you're talking about that can't read AR9 consists of people who a) Can't even follow aim properly yet, b) Definitely can't stream high bpm's yet.

Legxis wrote:

You mean mash. The first one was not entirely stream, allowing you to do that into the higher BPM's. I know because I did that when I started. Although I must admit that was fun at the time, because I felt good (STOP GIVING ME A FALSE SENSE OF SKILL), why do the same thing again.

Edit: Revise ending comment.
Soarezi
AR8 isnt necessarily hard, however following AR8 on high BPM is very hard.
Topic Starter
[Sean]
Just gone through nearly all the suggestions. Some good one's there.

Changed it to AR9 to stop the bitching. The fact people need to go to such lengths to explain their reasoning as to why is has to be AR9 annoyed me way too much. I won't bother going to an extent to reply to each and every single one so I'll let the babies have their bottle for an idea anyways. We'll leave it at that.

I'm thinking we avoid deathstreams/long streams till later in the map. By that I mean either streams linked through sliders, or streams over 20 notes a go. We can deal with them at earlier maps, but we'll see if we can keep the spacing for them a little tighter to make it easier. The map is to gradually build in difficulty, so I hope we can find a nice balance.

I'll hunt through my own maps in a minute. Be sure to give feedback on other people's suggestions since we're attempting an agreeance as a group, and not "What I decide" since I know I'll make stupid decisions in maps.
Akali

Lach wrote:

[Sean] wrote:

All credits to map creators in a storyboard, as well as BSS posting of the map with links provided
Someone other then the likes of me to map it
Are you planning on mapping, or getting others to map it, or are you going to copy paste the sections of the original maps? If it's the latter, I don't think that's right unless you get express permission from every user that made the original maps.
Whole game is based on copyrights infrigment. If you put name of the creator in map description/storyboard it's fine. Or just pm people and if someone disagrees before 7 work days, then his/her part shall be removed.
Illkryn

[Sean] wrote:

Changed it to AR9 to stop the bitching. The fact people need to go to such lengths to explain their reasoning as to why is has to be AR9 annoyed me way too much. I won't bother going to an extent to reply to each and every single one so I'll let the babies have their bottle for an idea anyways. We'll leave it at that.
No need to act like this just because people provided proper reasoning to why it should be AR9.
Layne_old_1

[Sean] wrote:

Let us hear each and every reason for every post you feel opposes you.
Oh and the argument where "most people cannot read AR9" does not work.
If they can't read AR 9, there are good chances that they can't pass the first stream compilation.
encryptik

[Sean] wrote:

Stefan
Map: 07th Expansion - Eiji Kuinbii
URL: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/38235
BPM: 153
Difficulty: Collapse
Section of song to use: 3:22 to 3:47
Length: 25 Seconds

Map: IOSYS - Utage wa Eien ni ~SHD~
URL: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/7385
BPM: 170
Difficulty: SOLO
Section of song to use: 1:04 to 1:28
Length: 24 Seconds
because a Stream compilation without DJPop isn't a real one. hue

Map: Chopin - Revolutionary Etude
URL: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/66350
BPM: 145
Difficulty: Prestissimo
Section of song to use: 0:40 to 1:20
Length: 40 Seconds

Map: Big Giant Circles feat. some1namedjeff - Thunderstruck
URL: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/73267
BPM: 210
Difficulty: Insane
Section of song to use: 0:44 to 1:15
Length: 31 Seconds

Map: kors k vs. L.E.D. - SOLID STATE SQUAD
URL: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/27148
BPM: 155
Difficulty: Another
Section of song to use: 3:07 to 3:46
Length: 39 Seconds

Map: Ryu* - Rondo Alla Turca (Ryu* Remix)
URL: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/34468
BPM: 142
Difficulty: Challenging
Section of song to use: 1:09 to 1:36
Length: 25 Seconds

Most of them has low BPM, so if less low-BPM Maps has been suggested you may find here something. :P
Purple
Make the spacing tighter as the map progresses. That way the first few maps won't too easy or boring.
aBunny
i hope this is over od9
benjacala
--------------
winber1
thank

much appreciate

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rewben2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this makes the stream compilation happen right?
benjacala
yes ----------
Rewben2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I THINK WE ARE GETTING CLOSE NOW