forum

osu!calm (final version) - enjoy a more silent startup!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Piine
Tested the 13.03a build. Seems pretty great and working perfectly as the last build you gave me @LoliFlan.

I did found these though.

1.) Opening it twice messes up the program and makes it change the system volume before opening osu!
2.) Opening it three or multiple times end up making it crash sometimes or end up doing whats above^

Recommend you find a way to only let it open one instance of osu!calm

Oh and the icon didn't change for me :lol:
Never mind...it did :lol:
Topic Starter
Flanster

Sulker wrote:

Tested the 13.03a build. Seems pretty great and working perfectly as the last build you gave me @LoliFlan.

I did found these though.

1.) Opening it twice messes up the program and makes it change the system volume before opening osu!
2.) Opening it three or multiple times end up making it crash sometimes or end up doing whats above^

Recommend you find a way to only let it open one instance of osu!calm

Oh and the icon didn't change for me :lol:
Never mind...it did :lol:
Even though I set it as a single instance application? Thats strange.
Currently I havent succeeded in fixing this, pretty awkward.
Piine
Well hopefully the next update will be better :D
Topic Starter
Flanster
Sadly I can't figure out how to prevent it, I'll just leave as it is.Up to the user if he/she wants to spamclick the application like a retard or actually use it for the purpose its made for.
Piine
Alright. PM me next time for another update test then ^^.
peppy
Already smoothed the fade-in in osu! a touch.
Topic Starter
Flanster

peppy wrote:

Already smoothed the fade-in in osu! a touch.
Glad to hear!
- Marco -
for me everytime i use it it changes general volume instead of osu! volume :c
Topic Starter
Flanster
That's intended behaviour, don't know how to access seperate application volumes.
Pawsu
Nice idea!
D33d
Oh god I love you. I only wish that the music could be disabled on startup, but this beats the sudden wall of noise.
petterroea

Fr33z3R wrote:

Strange. When i run it it just runs the same as osu.exe(Sound didn't change). I'll check if my framework is outdated =w=
Sounds like something is starting osu!calm with another working directory then osu!
Topic Starter
Flanster

D33d wrote:

Oh god I love you. I only wish that the music could be disabled on startup, but this beats the sudden wall of noise.
Actually when I first created the app, at startup it overwrote the .cfg file's volume setting line to 0, started osu! and then pressed the up arrow key programatically to increase volume automatically. But it didnt go very well so I thought of alternative methods.
Piine

LoliFlan wrote:

D33d wrote:

Actually when I first created the app, at startup it overwrote the .cfg file's volume setting line to 0, started osu! and then pressed the up arrow key programatically to increase volume automatically. But it didnt go very well so I thought of alternative methods.
That seems pretty hard processed.
peppy
osu! already fades in?
TheNekoNextDoor

peppy wrote:

osu! already fades in?
Yeah, it does.
kirueggy
no mac support :(
Piine

kirukashi wrote:

no mac support :(
There is no point adding a mac port seeing peppy already added this feature in the game itself.
Yuunee
Interesting concept. But it still needs further testing. Other than that, this is great. When starting osu! a random song will not blast in your speakers/headphones and it increases the volume slowly. Which is great ^~^
Topic Starter
Flanster
I've disgarded the project from my computer 2 months ago, you can say its now finalised.