forum

Touhosu! / Dodge the Beat

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +12,142
show more
Dovu
5000, we did it boyz.
Yauxo

Miterosan wrote:

gentsuga wrote:

If we could get this mode that would be soooooooooo awesome :D
It is confirmend
It has been for almost ... 5 years now? :v
HappyRocket88

Yauxo wrote:

It has been for almost ... 5 years now? :v
You know, this kind of programs recquires more work and ideas than you expect. So it's not that easy to program a game like that despite all the ideas which have arisen since the ideas blossomed. There are games that not even have been shown because it needs time and work.
Okoratu
except that it was announced to happen beginning this year or something
Trosk-
+5000 stars *-*
Yauxo
Someone broke the beautiful 5000. Rude.
Topic Starter
Yasa
Well this took off without me noticing. (OP here)

EDIT: I better add more content to my post. The idea is nice and everything but I worry about how hard it would be to implement in a fun way. Controlling the difficulty gradient when none of the many thousand maps are designed for this game mode makes for a difficult challenge.
LigerZero
go go go go 6000 stars.....!
Okoratu
6 years after op returns and says some things
Jasmine
Maybe one day.. :cry:
abraker
Theory: The stuff that peppy is keeping from breaking the internet is Touhosu.
Bad Apple
Touhosu would be like the most awesome thing ever.
Holy.
_Ins3rt
This would be awesome! Although quite difficult to implement.
abraker
By the way, a suggestion on how to approach introducing this gamemode to osu!:

Since we all see how the SR system is flawed in the existing gamemodes, I suggest to not rush it and initially implement it without SR for us to get a feel for the difficulty the beatmaps may have. The mods should also all have a multiplier of x1.0 so we can see the direct result of what those mods do to the resultant score. Then with time, when there will be enough beatmaps and the feedback should reach a general consensus of what the SR should be like and which mods should have what multipliers as well as to what mods should remain unranked.

I just don't want to see another dysfunctional SR system and unbalanced mods when this gets added.
Insanix_old_1
Any news of this?
abraker

-iNSaNiX- wrote:

Any news of this?
I think nothing until the new website is finished and clans are implemented.
Yauxo
One day it'll happen.
#FREETOUHOSU
leepdesu

Yauxo wrote:

#FREETOUHOSU
abraker
Not sure if this was posted already, but that 2nd post-it note down on the right... touho- I mean osu!dodge CONFIRMED!!!
FrzR
Yauxo
I dont know if it matters, but I really hope that the editor will have some sort of keyframing.

Ex. You have a slow, spinner-like, introducing beat in which selected objects slowly fly towards a selected x/y position. As soon as the song stops (because idk, that what it does in my head), the bullets dont move at all, kind of representing the beat. Then, the song continues (or lets say the beat drops) and the previously stopped bullets now fly towards the player. (so spawn -> fly towards selected position -> stop -> attack player)

Does that make sense?

OtakGravure
wow that star :o wkwkw
abraker
Now that Undertale showed us what bullet hell style games could really be about, I would love to see osu!dodge be more than just about dodging points going at you. I would like the mappers to have full creativity on creating shapes which you will need to avoid touching or can touch. Just imagine the possibilities this may allow! The fight with Sans can be just the beginning of it!

To avoid spoilers, I will direct you to the fanmade vid instead (which is kinda the creativity I expect from the community, and more):
[ R i v e n ]
Rhonin
about time for touhou games monsters to shine.
not me
Reha
+5 interesting
Aikyuu-Chan
I thought DTB (Dodge the beat) mode is fun, BUT...

How do you calculate the score?
How do you calculate the accuracy?
How do you calculate the combo?

Not only CTB mode IF you want to implemented but also how about other modes like osu!STD, osu!mania, and Taiko?

well, I just searching the DTB and found it just only for CTB mode.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/90935
abraker

Aikyuu-Chan wrote:

It's interesting because we calculate those things by hitting or aiming something, but here we are doing the opposite. What constitutes to be a valid action is boundless because you are not confined to hit or aim a note. I think the only thing you can really use to score is either time or number of onbjects dodged. Combo could be the number of objects dodged in a row. Accuracy could be the % of the object dodged.
Aikyuu-Chan

abraker wrote:

It's interesting because we calculate those things by hitting or aiming something, but here we are doing the opposite. What constitutes to be a valid action is boundless because you are not confined to hit or aim a note. I think the only thing you can really use to score is either time or number of onbjects dodged. Combo could be the number of objects dodged in a row. Accuracy could be the % of the object dodged.
So, the lowest % accuracy is the winner?
Or lowest score like 00000000 is the winner?

And, how about when we add some mods, like HR, HD, DT, or FL?
Is the score must supposed to be like a minus?
AncuL

abraker wrote:

Aikyuu-Chan wrote:

or we can just have the beginning like 2m or 5m then "decount" when you dont dodge something
Andruchon
How about this:

My mad ideas for Touhosu!
You have 3 hit Zones: 100x, hit, and graze. The size of those zones is determined by the difficulty. with high difficulty, you get more bullets, and the zones get smaller (so you can still have fun playing easy maps and it doesn't get too easy).

You get points for every full set of bullet spray dodged. For example a 5 red hit notes combo will spawn 5 enemies and every enemy shoots at you. If you dodge every bullet in that wave, you get 5x 300, if you get hit you get a penalty. Getting hit at the middle of the hit box, causes a combo break, 0x points from that single enemy. Getting hit at the border of the middle hitbox causes you to get only 100x points from that enemy, but no combo break. So by playing you should get points for:

A. Not getting hit "Dodging"
B. Having as many bullets as possible in your graze area. (grazing should be easier than in touhou)
(C. Killing enemies?)

Your accuracy should rize with every dodged wave from an enemy, and fall from each hit (100 or X)

Just wanted to spread my idea of how i imagine Touhosu. I think it should be possible to develop this mode, and even peppy said he will do it, and it will be good :) :) :)
Deppyforce
imo score should keep increasing, depending on the combo
like 10x combo = 100score/sec , 20x = 200/sec idk

u combobreak when u got hit
vitail
i like games like touhou but i didnt played none of these :( :(
deadall127
this is not in the english wiki of osu but in the french one there's this:
"Peppy (développeur en chef) a annoncé qu'il prévoyait de créer un mode Danmaku. Il aurait déjà été testé et serait fonctionnel ; cependant il demeure possible que Peppy revienne sur sa décision"
the danmaku mode is already programmed and it works! now we are just waiting!
NeXt4r_
i seen to imagine this the hardest mode it will be fun and i imagine you can use tablet to play and the skins for this will be awesomw
Chirimu
GG guy's, its stickied!
Pituophis
:D
Razor Sharp
113 stars given.. please make this happen..
(yes i donated 113)
Nurdieruhe
over 6000 votes and 6 years...Nothing...Borboratharidafeatbboyauftheriderhofxd
Andruchon
I would really love to hear some Info from peppy about this, at least a "yes" or a "no"
show more