forum

Touhosu! / Dodge the Beat

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +12,148
show more
Dolphin

logon13 wrote:

Is there still a chance touhosu is going to made. Im confused from the last few posts on this thread
Mira-san
Still waiting...
Chamelo

logon13 wrote:

Is there still a chance touhosu is going to made. Im confused from the last few posts on this thread
There is, just you wait. :)

Creating new mode is not easy. Just saying.
kanocchi
i was high sorry
Ridd_old_1
i hope it will comes in 2014 D:
[ Nep ]

Stop Trance wrote:

the idea nesecite permission of ZUN, peppy send mensagge to ZUN for copyright, is complicate? yeah D:
Is not necessary the permission of ZUN for create this game mode for osu xD peppy can only take the idea from Touhou and use it for the new game mode, like he did with Osu! Tatakae Ouendan for made osu!. Taking the general idea of a game you can create a new game with your own ideas to improve the game.
The permission of the Copyright of Touhou is necessary if peppy want to add some original stuff of Touhou in osu like characters or another things allowed only in Touhou.

Anyway... this game mode be implemented in osu.... some day, at least that i think ;-;
Trash Boat
this thread didnt passed the page 16 yet?
Hestia-
Firstly, saying only +support or arguing over another rhythm game that has nothing to do with Touhosu! is a good way to get this thread locked.

As many people have said, the trick to this mode is keeping both the rhythm game feel of osu! and the insanity of bullet hells. Here is my suggestion: There needs to be the ability to shoot bullets as otherwise people only focus on dodging which has less rhythm and shooting allows you to get score. You can have the character automatically fire (or if you hold fire button) at a rhythm determined by the beatmap. There can be lots of enemies that pop up like fairies and spirits popping up according to the position of the notes in the original beatmap, but can come from edges of the screen too. Having enemies would make sure that people focus on something other than their character, and not just a boss in the center that you have to stay under to get max points. Personally I don't like the idea of grazing giving score (I don't like this in Touhou either >_>) and it makes more sense to have a combo gained by killing enemies. This would be more like a standard touhou stage or standard stage combined with Danmakufu because there would be lots of bullets plus enemies. Also it would be cool to have an 'All Clear' thing on beatmaps after you 1cc them.

Another difficulty brought up is making sure that the autoconverter would be able interesting patterns-- Sakuya Lv9 even suggests not implementing an autoconverter at all. I disagree with Sakuya, as the whole point of extra modes is being able to play all the songs in a different mode. Peppy might as well make an entirely different game if you couldn't use the already created beatmaps. Of course, Touhosu! specific beatmaps would be much better for this mode like other mode specific beatmaps are better for their respective categories.

An example of something sort of like this could be the first boss in 140: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN_aTIWQ81s
Yes this game is really easy and it shoots too slow. Also saying that an idea is bad because it's too easy doesn't make sense because peppy can adjust this very easily by making it have more bullets & there will be multiple difficulty settings for maps anyway.
BlackMidKnight
Concerning about the combo, there is a game in mobile called shogun (which is kinda similar as touhou) in which in order to gain a multiplier (in this game, it is term as "stealing your enemy's energy") you need to be nearer, but not to close, to the foe's bullets to gain a certain addition to your multiplier in this case one bullet is equal to plus one.

Here's the mechanics I've explained lately presented in the video below:
Just skip to 0:38
Trash Boat
i just had a wonderful idea about how Touhosu! could be. it's osu! with autoplay, but each hit circle clicked fires a circle wave of danmakus. this also applies for the end(and the start maybe) of the sliders, the slider tics(maybe the reverse arrow too) and the spinners(but only after its cleared, then it will fire danmakus from the centre). i think that the cursor will be also a target to dodge. the speed of the danmaku waves may vary accord to the song. what do you think?
Krunschy
As a (former) Audiosurf player I have to mention a big issue for me which comes with the concept of moving in order to hit/dodge incoming barriers or in this case bullets. It is the simple fact that you have to act before the actual beat occurs, making it kind of failure in the rhythm part of a rhythm game in my opinion. Alternatively the bullets could come in a little bit delayed, so you'd have to move to the beat to dodge them, but this would be pretty weird.
Of course osu! itself is a lot about moving, but you still have to click with the beat, making you somehow part of the music, like if you were playing an instrument.
This is just my humble opinion though and I have to admit that CtB and Audiosurf are pretty successful and therefore enjoyable to some despite this fact.
Trash Boat
just in case, get an idea from the rave party version of this skin
t/45689?hilit=konata
BPChingu
The rules in Touhosu! is you must shoot the enemy in time with the beat and if you got shot or shot the enemy offbeat is considered a miss or 100/50 and the mods are just the same as other modes.
Michiiii-
Peppy said something about it in his presentation
deadbeat

Synxx3 wrote:

son he had already confirmed touhosu long before that japan expo in france
Sea_Food

deadbeat wrote:

Synxx3 wrote:

son he had already confirmed touhosu long before that japan expo in france
Confirmed yes, but in our lifetime, Maybe?
_Steve
Thread was created 5 yrs ago... I dont think its going to happen
Maxis

TheLPerSteve wrote:

Like the posts directly above state...peppy already confirmed this will be in osu! one day.
_Steve

Maxis wrote:

TheLPerSteve wrote:

Like the posts directly above state...peppy already confirmed this will be in osu! one day.
I know he did, but his last post on this thread was also 5 yrs ago (i've only read the first page of this topic,so excuse me if he replied again)
Im not really sure if he still want to apply this, and when yes when.
Heftig_DELETED
It's coming at the beginning of next year! :) HYPE HYPE HYPE
seasonS

Heftig wrote:

Is it really?
I know Volumax has already showed us the progress on their danmaku mode. And I'm surprised it's coming since I haven't seen any progress.
[ Pustules ]
yes fkn please!
AR10 Only
could be fun :oops:
warspite
Since I didn't feel like reading 17 pages to see What has, or has not been suggested, some of my ideas might already be suggested.
Anyway,here's my take on it!

Bullet spawning
SPOILER
Hitcircles
-Bullets spawn in the top quarter of the screen, based on horizontal position
-Random amount of bullets (Depending on diffeculty)
-Random bullet direction (full 360°?)
-Varying bullet speeds (margin based on BPM)
-Streams Shoot a bullet aimed at your current position,

Sliders
-Spawns an enemy on the start and the end of every slider (Again, top quarter of the screen)
-Enemies move at a set speed (based on BPM)
-Enemies move randomly throughout the top half of the screen (and go off-screen after a set amount of time (based on diffeculty))
-Enemies have a different attack pattern (and sprite) based on hitsound (random, aimed, in a circle, straight down, ect.)
-Reversearrows shoot a bullet at your current position (Like streams)

Spinners
-Shoots bullets in a spiral from the center of the screen
-Turning speed based on BPM
-Amount of bullet streams and bullet density per stream based on diffeculty
-Fades in so you have time to react (fade-in speed based on approach rate)

Combo / Scoring
SPOILER
-Enemies that are killed will spawn a proportionate amount of point pickups (that drop down)
-Amount of points dropped is based on enemy type and how long it took you to kill it
-You get a very small amount af points for every bullet that misses you within a certain area around you (area is based on diffeculty and combo)
-Combo builds up when you kill an enemy (also nets you some points)
-Combo breaks if you get hit
-The higher the combo, the more damage you do (incerments whenever you would get a comboburst)

Lifebar
SPOILER
-Drains slowly over time
-Drains when you are hit
-Fills up if you kill an enemy
-Fills up a little bit when collecting points

Bombs
SPOILER
-Bombs spawn in a random location whenever there is a pause moment in the song
-Start out with 1 bomb
-Bombs stack up to 3
-When used, a bomb will destroy all enemys and bullets currently on screen (no points awarded)

Mods
SPOILER
Easy mode
-3 Lives
-Slower lifedrain
-More life recovery
-Less bullets
-Less enemy health
-Slower enemies
-Longer fade-in for spinners

No fail
-Self explanatory

Half time
-Self explanatory

Hardrock
-Opposite of easy mode

Sudden death
-Can't get hit

Perfect
-Can't get hit
-Collect all point drops
-Kill all enemies before they go off-screen
-No bombs

Speedup/Nightcore
-Self explanatory

Hidden
-Bullets dissappear in a certain radius around your character
-Area increases with combo

Flashlight
-Can only see a certain area around you
-Area decreases with combo

Relax
-Auto targeting

Auto pilot
- Score drops "home in" on you

Auto
-Self explanatory

Misc
SPOILER
-Accuracy is based on enemies spawned vs enemies killed & bullets shot vs enemies hit
-Everything marked as "random" should be fixed per beatmap/diffeculty for consistany and fairness.

Thanks to everyone who managed to read my enormous wall of text.
I've probably spend way too much time on this then I should, but it was fun thinking of all the game mechanics, so time well spend I guess.

Feel free to criticize/expand on my ideas.
TheVileOne
I'm surprised this idea is still alive. It would be a nice thing to have indeed.

I don't know about having enemies in the game. I mean it's supposed to be about the rhythm. There's plenty of actual touhou games if you want to fight boss battles and they usually take much longer than the average TV Size map.
woodrow kelvin
good ^u^
Mira-san
Heh. Still up for this.
Touhou
Is this ever going to happen? I Hope so.
Nyxa
I doubt it. Touhou and osu aren't exactly compatible.

Mainly because osu is full of whiners who can't handle retrying a bit
Trash Boat
I can handle retrying
- Marco -
In this video

peppy said that touhosu is done but needs more developing before pubblishing
deadbeat
he actually more or less confirmed touhosu before that expo. and has done so a few times since then :p
Railander

seasonS wrote:

Heftig wrote:

Is it really?
I know Volumax has already showed us the progress on their danmaku mode. And I'm surprised it's coming since I haven't seen any progress.
where have you seen it?
TheLukay
Q_Q please do it some day
Chirimu-Chan
He could release it as a non-submitting gamemode to the cutting edge build, or set a third Update stream: "Unstable" or "If you like crashs, here ya go"
Sarcasm detected
Bara-
It's already confirmed to come, and I'm really curious to this mode
Can't wait to see it
glustora
This is a dream come true.
Oh peppy why are you so pure and generous, you awesome dude.

Can't wait for it to be integrated into the game!
Jutschl

Railander wrote:

seasonS wrote:

Is it really?
Anybody got news on Touhosu?

Something? Anyone? Please?
Phzm
Oh gawd... If it's really happening i'm gonna have no life anymore.

Love you peppy.
Touhou
Still waiting for this to happen, will (probably) quit standard for it.

Any updates? .... please?
show more