forum

Touhosu! / Dodge the Beat

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +12,148
show more
Lidan

kikoredog wrote:

So if I read this right, this is Frogosu!??? frogger + osu! = win.
wat...? Touhou, not Frogger.
My1_old
Idunno what touhou is but WTF is frogger???
bomber34
This is Frogger

btw. I don't know how it would even be possible to do Touhosu!. The only way i could think off is an opposite of CtB so you have to dodge everything.
Btw this topic is OLD
Marifune-kun
nice idea lol
Aoko

My1 wrote:

Idunno what touhou is
Touhou is a shooting/fighting game for Christ Sake. Read the first post.
amanojakugman
This should be nice ^^
emonite
It's been...two years?
Nanael_old

emonite wrote:

It's been...two years?
...And counting.
Alex311360
If this came out, I would shed a manly tear of joy.
emonite

sHaDoWsN1pEr13 wrote:

If this came out, I would shed a manly tear of joy.
I don't think this will ever come out...
KirisameTempest
im in support of this... now if only i could vote :/
Sanae Kochiya
mh Nice Idea. If i had a Star support
ScarletNite
This appeals to me in a lot of ways. Seeing as how I usually have osu minimized while I play Touhou, this would put quite a fun little twist on the two games.
Nanael_old
Simply put: Do want.
TanteKuN
This ones totally great. Though I don’t know anything about touhou, I’ll try to research on it though.
*support please*
hissatsugirl
THIS. IS. AWESOME. >[]<
emergist
Support, and I like Touhou.
palinus
All of my wants for this! now.. How do I get a vote? :/ I love touhou

EDIT: dunno how it works but suddenly i has votes +support!
Saten

palinus wrote:

All of my wants for this! now.. How do I get a vote? :/ I love touhou
What he said^

Dodging all the way!

Edit: has votes too now
Carlos
i will shoot a star support, maybe, in the future, but surely you have my (future) support!

BAAD ENGLISH!!
Kitokofox
I was thinking instead of just having bullets, you could have to dodge bars too instead of just bullets. and by bars, i mean bars that fly vertically and horizontally. Or maybe even shapes like triangles and squares. It would be interesting to see more things go across the screen than just bullets. Or some lasers.
N A L U
-Voted-
cooooooool 8-)
PROGUY

Kitokofox wrote:

I was thinking instead of just having bullets, you could have to dodge bars too instead of just bullets. and by bars, i mean bars that fly vertically and horizontally. Or maybe even shapes like triangles and squares. It would be interesting to see more things go across the screen than just bullets. Or some lasers.
It has already been mentioned before in the topic that lasers = sliders. And IMO bars are a stupid idea.

Also since this post has been bumped and I've thought of this for a looooong time, is it okay if we rename this mode to "Danmakosu!" instead? Calling it "Touhosu!" sounds like literally a ripoff from the Touhou series only while there are other bullet-hell games that can be referred to as well, and Danmakosu! defines that better. Remember that it's to reference the genre of bullet-hell than just from a single danmaku shooter series.
ann_old
This sounds amazing.

Support.
Saten
Denmarkosu Danmakosu?

It's like renaming taiko to donsu or something

Perhaps it wont be non of them. Maybe just "Touhou" mode
Drafura

Saten wrote:

Denmarkosu
Best choice ever.
PhiLL A

Saten wrote:

Denmarkosu Danmakosu?

I'm sure if peppy had to include osu! in Taiko it would be Taikosu!, not Denmarkosu!.
Spectre
I like this idea.
+1 Support
PROGUY

Saten wrote:

Denmarkosu
lmfao

Saten wrote:

Okay, maybe not. But at least call this mode something better than using "Touhou" in the name since it's generically a bullet-hell mode and not just from Touhou.

Taiko mode/Taikosu! is an exception though because... it's Taiko.
Azure_Kite
Hellosu!
[Dellirium]

Azure_Kite wrote:

Hellosu!
Prancer
Do want. +1.
ultimafouina
Oh yeah, a Touhosu mode would be awesome! I could be at least less shity than in Osu/Taiko :P

PROGUY wrote:

Also since this post has been bumped and I've thought of this for a looooong time, is it okay if we rename this mode to "Danmakosu!" instead? Calling it "Touhosu!" sounds like literally a ripoff from the Touhou series only while there are other bullet-hell games that can be referred to as well, and Danmakosu! defines that better. Remember that it's to reference the genre of bullet-hell than just from a single danmaku shooter series.
I think "Touhosu" is a funny name :P.
Touhou is everywhere in the beatmaps and in the community, so I don't think it's a problem to name this (prospective) mode with a Touhou name.
RinKagamine
i've only read half of that but, instead of putting something like this in osu!, just go play touhou or something. its wasting time putting a mode in osu! that's JUST like touhou when you can just go play the original game. yes, i know standard and taiko is also from a game, but touhou is free and something that everybody can just go and download. i don't see the point of putting it in osu!
deadbeat

RinKagamine wrote:

but touhou is free and something that everybody can just go and download.
....wow
anyway. peppy's all ready shown interest in adding this. you don't have to play if you don't like it
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
i have seen a game with such rhythm and bullet style, so it should be possible in osu as well, woc233 plz add this

just eggpain
RinKagamine

deadbeat wrote:

RinKagamine wrote:

but touhou is free and something that everybody can just go and download.
....wow
anyway. peppy's all ready shown interest in adding this. you don't have to play if you don't like it
who said i didn't like it? please, don't put words in my mouth. all i did was say that something that was already made into a game shouldn't really be made into an osu! mode. it's just my opinion, sheesh.
Azure_Kite
But Touhou is not free. You're just a pirate.

osu! And Taiko modes are also interpretations of their own independent games, as is osu!Mania an interpretation of beatmaniaIIDX and DJMax. If you've nothing constructive to say, say nothing, or at the very least verify that what you say isn't total garbage.
Drafura
ctb is also considered as an interpretation of Ez2catch but I recently discovered that the idea comes first from an hidden play mod in the BMS player Rythm it. It's the same as ctb but for two players.

Back to topic :

[CSGA]Ar3sgice wrote:

i have seen a game with such rhythm and bullet style, so it should be possible in osu as well, woc233 plz add this

just eggpain
Pretty nice example on how to implement it.
PROGUY

[CSGA]Ar3sgice wrote:

lol beaten the entire game in 45 minutes :p
show more