forum

Custom hitsounds volume level

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2,836
Topic Starter
cr1mmy
There are a lot of maps where hitsounds sound softer or louder depending on the choice of the mapper.
Sometimes it gives some problems to players, especially if they are using custom hitsounds.
It would be good to add an option in settings where players could choose: ignore mapper's volume level or not (just like background dim and sb ignoring)
I personally want to hear all notes at the same volume level.
Rei Hakurei
well, on my perspective:
that the mapper changes the volume of the hitsound itself to represent which part that requires loudness or not, and hitsound is something that makes the song better, not overrides the song instead...
(ignore hitsound -> ignore volume, ignore skin -> ignore color; oh well, these kind of separation, i'm neutral to disagree for this)
Lach
ctrl+alt+mwheel down
Legxis

Lach wrote:

ctrl+alt+mwheel down
So if there's a loud part during the song, then you hear almost nothing on the normal parts. That's not a solution.

Well, it's not that big of a problem. Maybe play with the intended hitsounds then, since they will probably work fine with the map.
Topic Starter
cr1mmy

Lach wrote:

ctrl+alt+mwheel down
It changing volume of all effects and doesn't help.
I simply need all hitsounds at the same level.
_index
Sometimes people using loud/quite hitsounds and, for sure, they need to keep volume on a lesser level than usual. But when a custom hitsounds always silent it will affect song in weird way, also distracting for a while.
Support.
l1mi
Thank you for making a thread about this. Im not sure what the point was in the first place with hitsounds maybe PPY know. Is it to improve how the music sound or is it to give the player feedback when hitting a note?

These maps with 5% hitsound volume or lower make me rage inside. Normaly if its 80% volume id just raise the volume of the music and hope its a good song and decent bitrate. But with 5% hitsound volume you cant really do that. Custom hitsound level is really needed and it should totally remove any multiple hitsound volume changes the mapper made.
Topic Starter
cr1mmy

l1mi wrote:

Thank you for making a thread about this. Im not sure what the point was in the first place with hitsounds maybe PPY know. Is it to improve how the music sound or is it to give the player feedback when hitting a note?

These maps with 5% hitsound volume or lower make me rage inside. Normaly if its 80% volume id just raise the volume of the music and hope its a good song and decent bitrate. But with 5% hitsound volume you cant really do that. Custom hitsound level is really needed and it should totally remove any multiple hitsound volume changes the mapper made.
I understand you, bro ;w;
Hope ppy will add this as soon as possible
Toyface
I'd like to see this tbh
Rori Kon
8-) xD
Butter-fly
support :D
nrl
Just gave all my stars away, but I'd like to see this implemented. Post-insane diffs with super quiet hitsounds bug me to no end.
rafli
if only i can support :') but i approve this !
WingSilent
Yes. This must be added.

What about having a setting : Hitsound volume ?
5% min to 100% max. :)/
Drezi
It is very annoying indeed when suddenly there's a silent note, or a part with inaudible hitsounds, but there are cases where muting slider ends or making certain notes softer is for the better, also the mp3-s themselves are different volume levels often, so a fixed hitsound volume wouldn't be the best solution.

But as Lumina said, being able to set a hitsoundvolume minimum and a hitsoudnvolume maximum would be useful, so that extreme mapper choices would be trimmed down to the max, or bumped up to the minimum.
Miyu
oh this is great,i totally want to see this in game
Topic Starter
cr1mmy

Lumina wrote:

Yes. This must be added.

What about having a setting : Hitsound volume ?
5% min to 100% max. :)/
You already allowed to change hitsounds volume globally (ctrl+shift+mouse scroll while playing or in options).
But on some maps you will hear randomly volumized hitsounds.
My request appeared to fix it!
WingSilent
You mean the Normal / Soft / Drum. And their sounds ?
Topic Starter
cr1mmy

Lumina wrote:

You mean the Normal / Soft / Drum. And their sounds ?
For your understanding:
beatmap: - https://osu.ppy.sh/b/238938 [insane]
00:51:371 (4) - check stream volume here!
WingSilent
Hum.. well I'll look into this once i can. (Writing from my phone)
fergas
Would be grea if it will possialbe to change volume same as offset. ±0.1 Db like ±5 ms.
Whatever imo osu!editor needs somewhere noise indicator for hitsound's track and song's track apart.
I mean it would help a lot for mappers/modders what exactly happens with sound -> avoid some "mistakes" related to diffrent volume settings from player adn mapper.
My english so bad. :( Hope you understood.
Drew
Support :D
Topic Starter
cr1mmy
up!
Gordon123
oh wow it's truth!)) :)
Glazbom
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZU
Sadolution
I don't agree on this.

- you aren't able to hear 5% volume hitsounds clearly because the music itself is too loud, but the rest is fine?
- you can actually hear 5% volume properly but the rest is too loud compared to the music?

on both: you are allowed to blame the mapper and/or creator of your skin hitsounds~

cr1m wrote:

But on some maps you will hear randomly volumized hitsounds.
My request appeared to fix it!

cr1m wrote:

For your understanding:
beatmap: - https://osu.ppy.sh/b/238938 [insane]
00:51:371 (4) - check stream volume here!
Your allowed to blame BAT/QAT/MAT~

i don't have an issue to hear any hitsounds unless they are completly removed (silent mp3) wich isn't allowed for Ranked Maps.
Don't play unranked maps if you expect them to be perfect~
Natteke desu
i feel like this game has grown to the stupidly buttonmush thing, where nobody cares about mappers' intentions, ideas and even rhythmical part of osu! but about rankings
what is sad tbh
maybe there should be a button like "IGNORE EVERYTHING BUT GIVE ME PP" added, huh?
drum drum

EvilElvis wrote:

i feel like this game has grown to the stupidly buttonmush thing, where nobody cares about mappers' intentions, ideas and even rhythmical part of osu! but about rankings
what is sad tbh
maybe there should be a button like "IGNORE EVERYTHING BUT GIVE ME PP" added, huh?
I actually agree with this. But the problem is what about the absurdly loud custom sounds? I guess that can't actually be avoided anyways without harming the map's experience that the mapper hoped to bring the players :/
Tear
YES PLEASE
We already have a setting to ignore custom hitsounds, there's no reason to not add constant volume to it.

inb4, no I don't care about pp. I enjoy playing osu the most when I'm able to be accurate and follow the rhythm very closely, that's why I use the loathed "pingpong" hitsounds - they're audible against every song, so it's easy to compare your timing with the beat. Insulting people for having a different concept of fun than you is just stupid.
Aureal3D
nice request,bump
show more