forum

Mod: Random (osu! standard)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
xTheLaw
It would be really fun to have a random mod in osu! standard.

The circles would be placed randomly across the screen.

The timing, spacing, and slider shapes would be the same as in the original beatmap.

And of course it should be unranked because you could get easier/harder paterns than the original ones.
Chamelo
All I can say is it's close to impossible, both gameplay and development way.
Marcin
Target Practice actually does this iirc?
Topic Starter
xTheLaw

Chamelo_Th wrote:

All I can say is it's close to impossible, both gameplay and development way.
I don't see how it would be impossible from the gameplay aspect.
As for the development aspect we should wait for peppy :D
jesse1412

Marcin wrote:

Yes, the distance between notes increases gradually rather than random however and it doesn't use hitcircles/approach circles which makes the mod rather useless for osu! target practice in my own opinion. The AR is also ridiculously low and the hit location target circle is placed above targets making it unreadable as is.
Legxis

jesus1412 wrote:

Marcin wrote:

Yes, the distance between notes increases gradually rather than random however and it doesn't use hitcircles/approach circles which makes the mod rather useless for osu! target practice in my own opinion. The AR is also ridiculously low and the hit location target circle is placed above targets making it unreadable as is.
EXACTLY what I was thinking. I was planning to make a feedback thread too (if one doesn't already exist), but forgot. Should do that tomorrow.

on-topic: Random placement with the same spacing would look really weird during streams, and generally overall as well. It would also be a pain to program, since if the spacing is the same, then the borders of the screen have to be taken into consideration.
Considering all that, I don't think it's worth it.
Shiho-rin
Umm, nope. Plus it would be hard to program. :o