forum

Learning how to play with a tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ImMiIeyCyrus
Hello everyone, I play Osu! with a tablet and I have a few questions to ask. My first question is: Do people normally play songs with your pen dragging along with the tablet? or do people hover the pen over the tablet. Next question, When I play a song I always play with my pen on the tablet so I can only use the "X" button to click. Is there a way where I can play with my pen on the tablet and still be able to use both "Z" and "X" to click?

Thank you in advance
Ekaru
First, press F10 to disable mouse clicks so you can use z and x to click at will.

As for dragging VS hovering... some people drag but the majority hover AFAIK.
magzh
Dragging will destroy your pen nib in no time.
ballplay
your pen nib won't matter if you dont draw.
Mathsma

magzh wrote:

No problem if you have an endless supply. http://vegarblack.deviantart.com/art/Ma ... -343443919
Rewben2

magzh wrote:

This is true, as well as your tablet. It will leave a mark.

SloppySeal wrote:

your pen nib won't matter if you dont draw.
This issue is you will need replacement nibs.

Majority of people hover. I dragged when I started but after I made the transition to hovering I thought it was better, and it doesn't wreck my tablet so win win.
[ Stellar ]
Hovering is the way to go. Highly recommend it.
#hoverlife
buny
Press f10 and it won't register your pen clicks while playing, allowing you to drag and use k1

also, I love how this thread derailed into a subjective matter after the first reply.
Venumidas
I allways tell people to not play like other people tell you to play(wow).

But I "dragged" too and wasted 2 nibs in 1-2 day, then I started hovering, it was extremly weeird first time :/ but after 1~² days it felt pretty normal.

Hover > Dragging!
Topic Starter
ImMiIeyCyrus
Thanks alot guys!! I tried playing hovering and its really hard to get used to. I always lift my pen away from the censor so the cursor doesnt even move. But now that I know you press F10 to disable the mouse clicks it has helped me alot since now I can use "Z"and X"
tokaku
I don't really understand what you said but if your tablet doesn't sense your pen you need to put your pen closer. Or get another tablet with bigger hover length.
Venumidas

tokaku wrote:

I don't really understand what you said but if your tablet doesn't sense your pen you need to put your pen closer. Or get another tablet with bigger hover length.
Some people have problems hovering right when they try it.
Bauxe

ImMiIeyCyrus wrote:

Thanks alot guys!! I tried playing hovering and its really hard to get used to. I always lift my pen away from the censor so the cursor doesnt even move. But now that I know you press F10 to disable the mouse clicks it has helped me alot since now I can use "Z"and X"
Alternatively:

If you have a wacom tablet that is.

Also I drag, I used to burn through a nib a week, now I use one every few months. But hovering is cheaper.
Caam
I drag although it destroys your nib but it helps me get more accurate movement, plus I have like 10 more nibs and i don't drag to hard so it last about 2 months or so.
ballplay
i occasionally tap the tablet like im tapping the circles with tablet click. its kind of a mix of hovering and dragging i guess. it helps me be steadier, especially since my hand shakes a lot
nooblet
When you hover, try to hover as low as possible. Don't raise your pen too far, because the farther away from the tablet you are, the less precise your movements get. Plus if you lift too far you get the problem you have now. Like previously mentioned, F10 to disable mouse clicks, and hover as low as possible to the point where you occasionally tap down. Then you'll have much more precise movements.
tokaku

Nukes32 wrote:

I drag although it destroys your nib but it helps me get more accurate movement, plus I have like 10 more nibs and i don't drag to hard so it last about 2 months or so.
Actually you could put a sheet of plastic over your tablet so it doesn't actually destroy the tablet unless you love slamming your pen onto the tablet.