forum

Do i need to be special ?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Me168
It takes long work and dedication to be really good. Maybe you might want to look at a New Keyboard, or switch, or something like that. Anybody can make it to the Elite with enough work and belief in themselves
Topic Starter
Akani
i already have some good peripherals all i need is skill. my (fast ar ) reading skills is by far the best in my country (im almost good at reading ar11)
my biggest problem is getting low ar patterns , reallly big squares and long streams , i can do like 300bpm burst stream perfectly but i can barely stream 210bpm lol (long streams = 30-50notes)
Layne_old_1
~
Topic Starter
Akani
sorry let me correct that i ment reading fast ar
nooblet

[ Akantor ] wrote:

i already have some good peripherals all i need is skill. my (fast ar ) reading skills is by far the best in my country (im almost good at reading ar11)
my biggest problem is getting low ar patterns , reallly big squares and long streams , i can do like 300bpm burst stream perfectly but i can barely stream 210bpm lol (long streams = 30-50notes)
I. Don't even. Understand. All anyone needs is skill.
Also, takes quite some guts to say your >>anything<< is "by far the best in my country" when you're 5000~ and they're 500~ lol. Although one can say rank doesn't mean skill, this difference is a bit big to ignore.

To answer your question, it takes both talent and practice if you wanna be one of the top players. Most people don't even think about this kind of stuff though...

Also, don't spam forums with a bunch of topics.
Coffee Hero
the only 'talent' you need is quick fingers.
Rewben2
You don't need to be special or anything to be good. Almost any normal person can become a great player if they put in the effort and time. The only reason you wouldn't be able to would be because of something restricting your playing (you have RSI or some bullshit), which is quite a rare case. Pretty much all of the top players have played for 2+ years minimum, most of them having played 3-4+ years.
tokaku

nooblet wrote:

Although one can say rank doesn't mean skill
I disagree. PPv2 is much more accurate and is based on your best. So this means that the 500's best is so many times better than a 5k to be a 500.

OT: What do you mean by 'special'? It's just practice, top players never knew that they would be top the moment they started playing or in any way different from any other players.
Yano

[ Akantor ] wrote:

Hi guys !
ive been playing this game for 1year , im playing heavily like 2hrs session everyday but i only have 17k playcount lol
so im asking you guys if you need to be special for being as good as cookiezi/Niko or Rrtyui or if all players can be as good as those players ?
because i saw old replays of them and after like 5months of playing they could already dt fc insanes (i can fc the half of magic girl dt ! :3)
did they have something special or they just played like 5hrs a day ?
You just have to Multiaccount and Play Offline then you're a top Player with 500 Playcount

You must have fun by playing and not search for the skill ... let the skill to you (Make not the same fault as I)

If you want being good how top Players like Cookie then you really need a talent for osu! (Fast fingers, good Eyes and a fast brain)

But how Rewben2 said : "Almost any normal person can become a great player if they put in the effort and time."
buny

Ultrayano wrote:

But how Rewben2 said : "Almost any normal person can become a great player if they put in the effort and time."
We'll keep telling ourselves that.
RaneFire
It's more complicated than that. It depends on what you do when you're younger, how you think, personality and motivation... and many more things.

When we are young, we shape ourselves the most, both mentally and physically with what we like to do and challenge ourselves with previously. By the time you start playing this game, everything is already decided as to whether you have the "talent" or not. The difference is not incredible, because even if you have talent, you still need to work hard. Problem comes when untalented and talented are both putting in similar amounts of effort.

Very little to do with genetics, because there are individuals from all races who have proven to be the best at something, although largely, asians are pretty OP if you look at majorities.

RPG lingo: Basically you stuffed up your char and you need to re-roll :D
thelewa

[ Stellar ] wrote:

You have to be "special" in order to be at the ranks of the elite.
Same with sport athletes, they are at the top because not only do they put in hours of practice each day, they also have the genetics.
You can practice everyday of your life maybe harder than the pros, but you might never reach their level of competitive play because you weren't "destined" for greatness.

That is just my opinion, you can believe whatever you want :o
WRONG

the only special skill you need is patience (and a bit of self inspection to find what you're lacking at so you know what to practice at times)

a lack of patience is the only reason why I'm not fast like other people but I used to be patient as fuck when it came to practicing accuracy and it fucking shows
AmaiHachimitsu
Do i need to be special ?
yes.

Deal with it.

I'm sick with the patience thing when my acc hasn't gone up since 2011 after 130k pc
chox_old
wtb fast fingers
xsrsbsns
to be as good as cookiezi yes
to be decent/top#xxx no just practice/play with the right mindset
Blueprint
Buy rrytui's desk & broken black widow and make him sign them with his autograph.

Patience
Soarezi
Why are rrtyui niko and cookiezi so good?

They are able to play anything they are given. Their speed is one thing but what would they be without anything else than speed? Rrtyui wouldnt have gotten his insane hd hr scores, or niko his atama no taisou. The thing is speed doesnt make you a top tier player. Being fast and combining other skills too makes you a good player. So instead of only playing 400bpm ar14 maps, play ar9 180bpm maps. Being able to play anything you are given is far more important than just speed. Speed is just a bonus. Youre useless as a player if you only have speed.
Rewben2

Soarezi wrote:

They are able to play anything they are given. Their speed is one thing but what would they be without anything else than speed? Rrtyui wouldnt have gotten his insane hd hr scores, or niko his atama no taisou. The thing is speed doesnt make you a top tier player. Being fast and combining other skills too makes you a good player. So instead of only playing 400bpm ar14 maps, play ar9 180bpm maps. Being able to play anything you are given is far more important than just speed. Speed is just a bonus. Youre useless as a player if you only have speed.
tl;dr you need to be a rounded player
Breiz
yes. goes for everything that is competitive.
buny

Soarezi wrote:

You're a useless player if you only have accuracy, too.
Me168
I think also some people come into the game with an advantage above others, When I started I was very good at picking up on tricky patterns from experience as a musician, others might come in the game with more experience using a tablet from being an artist or faster fingers from competitive gaming, this doesn't mean you can't become as good as them with enough work, but I like to think of it like this: rrtyui may have an issue with something that an unranked player might not have, and vice versa, osu allows for constant growth as a player, even if you are all the way at the top (Plus in order to get there everyone put in some serious time and dedication to the game)
Primula_old
buny

Primula wrote:

why do you keep making a face on every message you send?
And you exclamation mark after it too
Soarezi
Because weeaboo
tokaku

buny wrote:

Primula wrote:

Hyper?
tokaku

Soarezi wrote:

Because weeaboo
What I wanted to say. Except that I didn't want to insult.
iderekmc

[ Akantor ] wrote:

Hi guys !
ive been playing this game for 1year , im playing heavily like 2hrs session everyday but i only have 17k playcount lol
so im asking you guys if you need to be special for being as good as cookiezi/Niko or Rrtyui or if all players can be as good as those players ?
because i saw old replays of them and after like 5months of playing they could already dt fc insanes (i can fc the half of magic girl dt ! :3)
did they have something special or they just played like 5hrs a day ?
if u play 2h per day u would have over 50-60k playcount
Primula_old

buny wrote:

If you must know, it's because I thought such a topic like this was a bit silly.
The author is indirectly asking the top players whether they're special in any way.
I was giving an example of how the author can find the answer to their question.

If you have any further questions about my personal life, my favourite type of bread, or the name of my cat etc.. please feel free to PM me instead of going off-topic. \o/ Or rather, don't. Because I don't like you.
aBunny
whats accuracy
takaharrue
2 hours a day is casual af. if you wanna good at least pull around 6-8 hours a day playing straight. I'm currently going around 5 hours.
GoldenWolf
2 hours a day is enough if you spend that time correctly
takaharrue
lemme tell u a story that is true and i know some people that can confirm it

there's a guy i play with sometimes on counter strike source. me and him play a game mode on CSS called bhop.

this guy was the last person anyone expected to be good at anything. he basically told the server we played in all about he dropped out of high school and did pills/weed all the time (most of it was probably all true). i think he even showed himself smoking on a webcam before.

but the main point is, what he did one day is he just started playing for hours and hours everyday, pretty much the whole day. in just some months, he started to be able to break some world records by players that had been playing for over 2 years.
aBunny

balck aht wrote:

there's a guy i play with sometimes on counter strike source. me and him play a game mode on CSS called bhop.

this guy was the last person anyone expected to be good at anything. he basically told the server we played in all about he dropped out of high school and did pills/weed all the time (most of it was probably all true). i think he even showed himself smoking on a webcam before.

but the main point is, what he did one day is he just started playing for hours and hours everyday, pretty much the whole day. in just some months, he started to be able to break some world records by players that had been playing for over 2 years.
what does pills/weed have to do with getting better?
takaharrue

sarasseo wrote:

balck aht wrote:

what does pills/weed have to do with getting better?
nothing, i'm just implying that usually people that do pills/weed aren't people you would expect to be "special" in skills.
Caam
Customize your own skin and it may help.
GoldenWolf

balck aht wrote:

nothing, i'm just implying that usually people that do pills/weed aren't people you would expect to be "special" in skills.
I expect people who play all day long at a game to be good at it in a short period of time

And playing 2 hours a day is still enough if you spend that time correctly
chanhien
What continent do 1st player "then" and 1st player "now" come from?you got your answer
tokaku

chanhien wrote:

What continent do 1st player "then" and 1st player "now" come from?you got your answer
You've got to be an Asian who can't speak English properly to become a god at this game
astelios
Is just practice.
Remember, the osu god was a blind korean, so osu is not that hard, just give it time.
rrtyui = 164k plays, is a lot more than you, is like 9 years ahead of you.
And ...
"Superiority is not just a matter of secret techniques" Hagakure.

PS: sry eng
PS2:

[ Stellar ] wrote:

You have to be "special" in order to be at the ranks of the elite.
Hahaha i laugh at you
GoldenWolf

astelios wrote:

Remember, the osu god was a blind korean
Bikko?
show more