forum

Insomnia (i52) - Anyone going?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neroh
Insomnia is The UK’s Biggest Gaming Festival. Watch live stage shows, explore the Exhibition Hall, compete in tournaments of all levels, meet special guests, and immerse yourself in a world of activities suitable for gamers of all ages. It’s a celebration of all forms of gaming, placed in Coventry.

For people who haven't heard of the event. It is known as the biggest LAN event in the UK and takes place over a full weekend. With the opportunity to bring your own PC or console and take a place in the gaming hall to play and socialize with friends or anyone new!

i52 is the summer event, taking place on the bank holiday weekend in August this year. There will be all sorts of competitions held, such as TF2, CS:GO etc. I'm looking forward to maybe seeing some osu! players there! It would be awesome to set up a little tournament for any that do attend. I've been informed that several people do play osu! whilst there by a friend, so is anyone here going?

:D

Here is the site for the event for anyone interested! - http://insomniagamingfestival.com/
daredakke
Would be nice to meet fellow osu! players, but Coventry is a little too far for me right now.

Also I'm not sure I'm the right person for such a convention.
Topic Starter
Neroh

YunoWhoItIs wrote:

Would be nice to meet fellow osu! players, but Coventry is a little too far for me right now.

Also I'm not sure I'm the right person for such a convention.
Ahh that sucks! :(

It's a really nice place, if you take your own computer, you pay about £60 for the whole weekend and get to choose a spot in the hall, moved away from the convention area, it's still accessible but the public wont enter that area.

I'm going with 5-6 other friends, so we'll all grab a row together and play all sorts of games for hours and hours. There is no time that the area is shut, so you can stay there 24/7 if you like. It's gonna be fun, but I definitely wouldn't go if I was on my own so I see what you mean.

Would be great to have a osu! meet up/competition one day in the UK!
Lapis-
I may try to go. I'll probably play osu! there. I dont know about taking my £1500 computer + other stuff with me though. Risky as fawk. ;_;
Topic Starter
Neroh

PortalLife wrote:

I may try to go. I'll probably play osu! there. I dont know about taking my £1500 computer + other stuff with me though. Risky as fawk. ;_;
They have lockers available on site + if you go by transport you can always lock them in your car etc. Monitors are supplied there too, so saves a bit of space. Out of the last 3 years my friend has gone there have been no reported thefts, the areas are all locked to participants only, with a fee on the door for visitors (who can't go walking around the 'bring your own computer' section)

It's all pretty damn safe, but I could understand if my PC was worth that much :D
Primula_old
I'm terrible when it comes to real people, so no.. I think I'll stay home.
On a serious note: Coventry is a nice place and I'd actually want to visit there because I have a couple friends living there, it's a bit too far from me though. T^T
Topic Starter
Neroh

Primula wrote:

I'm terrible when it comes to real people, so no.. I think I'll stay home.
On a serious note: Coventry is a nice place and I'd actually want to visit there because I have a couple friends living there, it's a bit too far from me though. T^T
That's a shame :(

Coventry is a lovely place, much nicer than where I live anyway haha! It's a shame about living far away, sucks that teleporters don't exist!

Damn sucky transport costs! :(
tokaku
If only I was in UK...
Topic Starter
Neroh

tokaku wrote:

If only I was in UK...
Damn teleporters not existing still. The world is too big :(