forum

A game inspired by Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ymn_old
I just recently made a game that you guys might find fun (I know I do!)

You simply have to keep a steady hand and track a moving ball with your mouse.

Play it here: http://trace.clay.io/?ref=osp

Let me know what you think! All feedback is appreciated :)
thelewa
it certainly is inspired by osu! I mean it has circles
Weed
10/10
Groumiezi
inspirised by ouendan eba
Juuryoushin
reminds me of target mode
now we have a preview of the slider mode
genius
ivan
<
ALTKID
taiko is inspired by osu
Topic Starter
ymn_old
Come to think of it, I think I really need to add difficulty ratings to the levels. I watched friends play it, and what often happened was that they jumped from too easy to too hard and quit. :o
Vuelo Eluko

ymn wrote:

Come to think of it, I think I really need to add difficulty ratings to the levels. I watched friends play it, and what often happened was that they jumped from too easy to too hard and quit. :o
i found the smallest circle to be almost impossible simply because the refresh rate of my monitor didn't allow for my mouse to move smoothly enough to follow it on the faster levels. My cursor wasn't so much moving as teleporting along short distances. [no i dont have cursor trails on]

Not sure why that was being so terrible there.

edit: closed skype and a stream and it lagged less

all in all, i think im doing OKAY for 1200 dpi.. but that last circle size is just hell

leaderboard swagmaster
stygianchaos

bewaredrev wrote:

10/10
Topic Starter
ymn_old

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

ymn wrote:

i found the smallest circle to be almost impossible simply because the refresh rate of my monitor didn't allow for my mouse to move smoothly enough to follow it on the faster levels. My cursor wasn't so much moving as teleporting along short distances. [no i dont have cursor trails on]

Not sure why that was being so terrible there.

edit: closed skype and a stream and it lagged less

all in all, i think im doing OKAY for 1200 dpi.. but that last circle size is just hell

leaderboard swagmaster
Whoa! I haven't seen anyone score that high before.. I'm sure I could score at least 80 with a proper mouse, but 89..
Vuelo Eluko

ymn wrote:

Whoa! I haven't seen anyone score that high before.. I'm sure I could score at least 80 with a proper mouse, but 89..
There's actually a couple people higher than me though lol. i think the lowest on the top 10 was 91 points.

I'll be honest, I did two-hand my mouse. I imagine with one hand I'd barely press 60

Presumably tablets are BiS for this game too.
Topic Starter
ymn_old

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

ymn wrote:

There's actually a couple people higher than me though lol. i think the lowest on the top 10 was 91 points.

I'll be honest, I did two-hand my mouse. I imagine with one hand I'd barely press 60

Presumably tablets are BiS for this game too.
I think the leaderboards might be a little confusing. The scores on the leaderboard are accumulative over a difficulty. For example, on the medium leaderboard, it's the sum of the scores of all 9 levels played at medium difficulty. So basically, there's a maximum score of 900 for each leaderboard.

I have basic (but sometimes shoddy) analytics about my players and I don't remember seeing anyone score 90 or above on the smallest circle.
Vuelo Eluko

ymn wrote:

I think the leaderboards might be a little confusing. The scores on the leaderboard are accumulative over a difficulty. For example, on the medium leaderboard, it's the sum of the scores of all 9 levels played at medium difficulty. So basically, there's a maximum score of 900 for each leaderboard.

I have basic (but sometimes shoddy) analytics about my players and I don't remember seeing anyone score 90 or above on the smallest circle.
i think anyone here could do better tbh. i suck with my mouse thats why i have 6.3k plays and play like someone with 2k
Antilx
You don't get ther osu feeling while playing it.
- Marco -
This game is hard as freedom dive 4D D:
And also it's possesed by illuminati

khan119
r u a wizrd :s
sorgenehtyals
It's nice, although bouncy and pinball are way too hard than the rest. Maybe add some more vertical aim-orientated difficulties?
http://puu.sh/7xG2Q.png
[ Scarlet Red ]
This game tho...
Azure_Kite
Needs more easing after the first click. Other than that, it's a trace your own spiral game.
Vuelo Eluko

Azure_Kite wrote:

Needs more easing after the first click. Other than that, it's a trace your own spiral game.
someone needs to practice more 0108 on hardrock for that sick cursor control or just 2-hand the mouse
Garuhin

thelewa wrote:

Everything that has circles, is now inspired by osu!
Ven
there could be an mlg league for this
WindowCurtin

thelewa wrote:

11/10
ill be bak to be #1
kirueggy
I want to play this but the damn site keeps asking me if I want to sign up. And if I try to exit it, it doesn't. fml
Vuelo Eluko

kirukashi wrote:

I want to play this but the damn site keeps asking me if I want to sign up. And if I try to exit it, it doesn't. fml
Like a spider on a turntable.
SapphireGhost

I would go further with this but it's really quite late and I should be doing other things. Your next step is to create an algorithm that evaluates the difficulty of each course and weight the scores appropriately, then name it to create some kind of unfortunate acronym.
Kouya-
So much effort was put into this, I love it .
_sparky_
this is nothing like osu

lol
Quest
Awhhh. I can't play it, perhaps i'm on internet explorer 10?...
DeletedUser_4041880
This is the beginning of the world being taken over by circles.

You need to draw perfect circles to pass a test
All roads turned into never ending circles
Your hair bunches and turns into a circle around your head
Your butt/boobs gets super round
Clouds turn circular
Your immouto's body turns into a huge sphere. Their arms has been sucked into their body

It's beginning
_sparky_

Frostei wrote:

Clouds turn circular
Your immouto's body turns into a huge sphere. Their arms has been sucked into their body

It's beginning
Oh how disturbing

The world is already round
DeletedUser_4041880

_sparky_ wrote:

Frostei wrote:

Clouds turn circular

It's beginning
Oh how disturbing

The world is already round
My brain stopped working for about 5 seconds before I could comprehend that.
FrzR

Frostei wrote:

Clouds turn circular

It's beginning
Super round butt huh. Bubble butt. Bubble Bubble Bubble butt.
Pinkdere
hahahahaha what ?. is ugly u_u and I'm not good hahahaha
Sethlied

Fr33z3R wrote:

Frostei wrote:

Clouds turn circular

It's beginning
Super round butt huh. Bubble butt. Bubble Bubble Bubble butt.
2D girls don't have bubble butt
kirueggy
There's always occulus rift
Cyclohexane
Facebook would beg to disagree
Nik0

Mr Color wrote:

Facebook would beg to disagree
show more